HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2013, 07:49 PM
Camera Reseller.
Joined May 2013
374 Posts
Hi everyone,
Do not want to clog up this post so just will make it brief.

www.JooVuu.com now offers bundles (http://joovuu.com/27-special-offers-bundles) for both the wide angle and standard Mobius Action Camera. We currently offer two bundles for using the car as a dashboard camera, a bike bundle, and an FPV bundle. All bundles come with either a standard or wide angle Mobius depending on your preference. These bundles are discounted and far cheaper than buying the parts individually. These bundles also come with free shipping to anywhere in the world with the following voucher code:

freemobiusshipping

Any questions please PM me or email me at www.joovuu.com/support.

Kind regards,

JooVuu
JooVuu is offline Find More Posts by JooVuu
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2013, 02:47 AM
FPV enthousiast
Belgium, Flanders, Beveren
Joined Jul 2013
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JooVuu View Post
Hi everyone,
Do not want to clog up this post so just will make it brief.

www.JooVuu.com now offers bundles (http://joovuu.com/27-special-offers-bundles) for both the wide angle and standard Mobius Action Camera. We currently offer two bundles for using the car as a dashboard camera, a bike bundle, and an FPV bundle. All bundles come with either a standard or wide angle Mobius depending on your preference. These bundles are discounted and far cheaper than buying the parts individually. These bundles also come with free shipping to anywhere in the world with the following voucher code:

freemobiusshipping

Any questions please PM me or email me at www.joovuu.com/support.

Kind regards,

JooVuu
Great, except for the fact that I bought a camera and a/v cable for the same price as the FPV pack just 2 days ago from your site...
You may always send me the extra stuff
JaZzMaN251 is offline Find More Posts by JaZzMaN251
Old Nov 06, 2013, 05:06 AM
Random Flier
Oxford (UK) and Mtn View CA (USA)
Joined Nov 2002
1,409 Posts
[QUOTE=JRuggiero;26560999...Now that I know the sensor size and the focal length, I doubt that any other lens from an 8 MM film camera would be useful for me either.....[/QUOTE]

I don't know what your needs are, but 8mm D mount cine lenses are used with success on the Pentax Q 1/2.3" sensor ILC, so would likely match even better with a 1/3" sensor. These old cine lenses are often v high quality; however tend to be less common in wide angle it seems. Just a thought ... might be an idea for the semi pro FPV flier.
isvana is offline Find More Posts by isvana
Old Nov 06, 2013, 08:33 AM
Joined Jul 2013
10 Posts
http://dx.com/p/2-8mm-16mm-fixed-iri...774#tabProInfo

This are the "Wider Lens" for the mobius? Wich one of those?
Fidonol is offline Find More Posts by Fidonol
Old Nov 06, 2013, 09:28 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidonol View Post
http://dx.com/p/2-8mm-16mm-fixed-iri...774#tabProInfo

This are the "Wider Lens" for the mobius? Wich one of those?
None of these will work properly (no IR filter). Don't waste money trying them.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Nov 06, 2013, 11:20 AM
Scratch building addict
United States, CA, Felton
Joined Jan 2005
661 Posts
Well yeah I realized that the "avi" firmware update was for a different camera. Attempted to install latest mobius firmware, followed instructions exactly and I got nothing but a blue light (no flashing). Reformatted the card as per instructions, no go, but somehow after turning off and waiting a half hour I got the new firmware loaded.

Changed settings to record max time before appending new videos.

Result: I still have nothing but corrupted mov files that will not play in any player I have including VLC.

This thing is brand new, so I got a lemon.

After much searching I found the Toshiba Clip HD action cam, and sample videos look very good, as good or better than the mobius and definitely better than the overpriced gopros.

Found an open box toshiba for 35 bucks. Nice to buy from a real company, and everything Toshiba I have bought is very reliable. Bought it. Called it a day... went to bed... end of travelling the mobius strip to nowhere.
rotagen is offline Find More Posts by rotagen
Old Nov 06, 2013, 11:47 AM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,499 Posts
Average price for one of these appears high...
And it's the wrong shape for carrying in a airplane.
Way too much frontal area.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Nov 06, 2013, 12:19 PM
Joined Nov 2013
3 Posts
Hello, recently I bought a camera mobius, I have a question, I have seen that also sell a cable 8 "(20cm) Lens 26PIN Extension Cable for 1080P HD Pocket Camera ActionCam Mobius.

Is it possible to buy a cable Lens 26PIN Extension Cable for 1080P HD Mobius longer? about 2-3meters
hamuy is offline Find More Posts by hamuy
Old Nov 06, 2013, 02:09 PM
Designing something...
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined Jan 2004
1,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mare22 View Post
Pure awesomeness would be so nice to share the files.

Thanks so much...
Didn't see a response. Anyway, there are several gimbals posted here: http://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=gimbal&sa=

Regards,
Brian
cpdude is offline Find More Posts by cpdude
Old Nov 06, 2013, 02:31 PM
United States, RI, Cumberland
Joined Mar 2008
249 Posts
im so glad i saw this in the front page of rcgroups. i was gonna go buy a gopro today lol. i got one from novotm. thanks for all the info guys.
Qnzkrew is offline Find More Posts by Qnzkrew
Old Nov 06, 2013, 02:59 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamuy View Post
Hello, recently I bought a camera mobius, I have a question, I have seen that also sell a cable 8 "(20cm) Lens 26PIN Extension Cable for 1080P HD Pocket Camera ActionCam Mobius.

Is it possible to buy a cable Lens 26PIN Extension Cable for 1080P HD Mobius longer? about 2-3meters
There is too much signal degradation in a cable that long. It won't work. The cable you reference is the longest that will work reliably.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 03:10 PM
Joined Jul 2013
16 Posts
Man are you going to be dissapointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotagen View Post
Well yeah I realized that the "avi" firmware update was for a different camera. Attempted to install latest mobius firmware, followed instructions exactly and I got nothing but a blue light (no flashing). Reformatted the card as per instructions, no go, but somehow after turning off and waiting a half hour I got the new firmware loaded.

Changed settings to record max time before appending new videos.

Result: I still have nothing but corrupted mov files that will not play in any player I have including VLC.

This thing is brand new, so I got a lemon.

After much searching I found the Toshiba Clip HD action cam, and sample videos look very good, as good or better than the mobius and definitely better than the overpriced gopros.

Found an open box toshiba for 35 bucks. Nice to buy from a real company, and everything Toshiba I have bought is very reliable. Bought it. Called it a day... went to bed... end of travelling the mobius strip to nowhere.
You're gonna be so disappointed the Toshiba is absolute shite compared to Mobius specs wise and performance.
bildad is offline Find More Posts by bildad
Old Nov 06, 2013, 03:24 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK63 View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked but what is the difference between the Small & Large AOV with Lens A at 1920 X 1080 setting? Which is equivalent to previous v0.47 FW setting?
The Large setting samples the entire width of the CMOS array which has a dimension of 2304 x 1536 pixels (same as the largest resolution in the Photo mode). But the CMOS array has a 3:2 aspect ratio, not 16:9 like the cameras 1080p and 720p frame sizes. So the actual image size captured is cropped top and bottom to 2304 x 1296 to get a 16:9 aspect ratio image, and it is then scaled down to fit in the 1920x1080 pixel frame size of the 1080p mode. So there is a tiny bit of quality loss in trade for a slightly wider FOV.

The Small setting in 1080p mode just does a direct native pixel capture from the central 1920x1080 area of the CMOS array. So it has a slightly narrower FOV but the highest possible image quality due to no scaling of the image.

The Large setting is equivalent to the prior setting in v0.47FW

FWIW, I much prefer the settings to be called Wide and Narrow FOV as opposed to Large and Small AOV in the GUI labeling since it's more descriptive of the end result. You'll note I used the term FOV (field of view) rather than AOV (angle of view). These terms are often used interchangeably, but I reserve AOV as a term to describe the angle of the cone of vision for a given lens, which is fixed and never changes. The FOV, on the other hand, better describes what the camera is recording, which can be very different with the same lens on the camera as described above.

Maybe this is something that should be addressed in the User Manual and next GUI revision, along with some tool tip rewording for this function to make it a bit clearer?
Old Nov 06, 2013, 04:45 PM
Joined Jul 2012
161 Posts
Hello,

I have a problem with my mobius action cam.
My cam was new, never used and a friend ask me to test it.

He have test with success fpv with a dji phantom then he gave me the cam and it doesn't work anymore.

I can record, read video but when i connect the cam to any pc, i have "unknown device".
I put the last firmware , no problem to install without the gui (you know why) but nothing change

Any idea ?

ty

Eric
ziggy95 is offline Find More Posts by ziggy95
Old Nov 06, 2013, 05:12 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy95 View Post
Hello,

I have a problem with my mobius action cam.
My cam was new, never used and a friend ask me to test it.

He have test with success fpv with a dji phantom then he gave me the cam and it doesn't work anymore.

I can record, read video but when i connect the cam to any pc, i have "unknown device".
I put the last firmware , no problem to install without the gui (you know why) but nothing change

Any idea ?
ty

Eric
To help us, do you have any Idea of what operating system you have in your computer?
and in the other computers tested?
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Last edited by empeabee; Nov 06, 2013 at 05:16 PM. Reason: re read origional post, addded further questuon