HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: What style of Turnigy 1/16 vehicle do you prefer?
Rally Extreme 43 40.95%
Mini Trooper 39 37.14%
Racing Buggy 23 21.90%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:29 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomertsfx View Post
Howdy -- My son crashed his Mini Rally and broke a plastic rear hub carrier, so I ordered this:

http://goo.gl/O6T47G

These are the aluminum hub carriers. I put them on and now both rear wheels are visibly toed in... is there any adjustment for that or is that how it's supposed to be? i don't know much about RC cars yet, but the rear wheels of course seem to have less adjustment options... camber is fine, but how do you adjust toe??

Sorry if this is a stupid n00b question =)

Thanks!
If you wanted to, I think you can actually make the toe angle of the rear wheels neutral by using the metal front suspension pin holder. You might have to mod it from there to fit the front bumper, or you might have to use the same plastic piece that the rear uses to secure the suspension pins in.

I haven't tried this, but I noticed this once while trying to install a rear rally bumper onto my buggy front end (saw it somewhere else). But aside from another issue, I can't exactly remember, I noticed it changes the toe angle a lot too.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2014, 03:48 AM
Joined Aug 2011
44 Posts
Sorry to Hijack but does anyone know if all the Buggy Parts fit the Monster Beetle? I am just about to order some shock towers and rear arm bulk?
mattwarner is offline Find More Posts by mattwarner
Old Dec 19, 2014, 01:33 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwarner View Post
Sorry to Hijack but does anyone know if all the Buggy Parts fit the Monster Beetle? I am just about to order some shock towers and rear arm bulk?
Yes those parts will fit. The only thing different between the buggy and beetle are the body mounts, no rear wing on the beetle, bumpers, and the tires. Literally everything else is the same. No hijack, it's a pretty open discussion here, and after all it did relate to the Turnigy 1/16's.

But how are you forced to buy "buggy parts"? Is that just how they are described where you are buying it from?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 03:19 PM
Joined Aug 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
Yes those parts will fit. The only thing different between the buggy and beetle are the body mounts, no rear wing on the beetle, bumpers, and the tires. Literally everything else is the same. No hijack, it's a pretty open discussion here, and after all it did relate to the Turnigy 1/16's.

But how are you forced to buy "buggy parts"? Is that just how they are described where you are buying it from?
Great thanks! the Monster Beetle is on sale in the HK "liquidation sale" on the UK site as originally I wanted the mini Trooper but a mate has the Monster Beetle so at least we can pool parts.

I've been onto Asiatees and everything they list is for the 1/16 Buggy so I was just checking if there was anything that didn't fit first!

Ive been running the 1/16 SCT which is based on the 1/18 stadium truck and the quality of the diffs are horrendous ive literally stripped one every time ive run so hoping the Monster Beetle fairs a little better!
Old Dec 19, 2014, 04:00 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwarner View Post
Great thanks! the Monster Beetle is on sale in the HK "liquidation sale" on the UK site as originally I wanted the mini Trooper but a mate has the Monster Beetle so at least we can pool parts.

I've been onto Asiatees and everything they list is for the 1/16 Buggy so I was just checking if there was anything that didn't fit first!

Ive been running the 1/16 SCT which is based on the 1/18 stadium truck and the quality of the diffs are horrendous ive literally stripped one every time ive run so hoping the Monster Beetle fairs a little better!
I have one of those older Turnigy 1/16 SCT's too, it's actually my nephew's! It's doesn't strip everytime only because I've tuned it down a lot for him. It's stupid that they never offered metal diff gears for this truck. The stock shocks are the funniest joke ever, and the whole design is just really weak especially for bashing. I've put 4 Mini Trooper front shocks on it and it handles a lot better, but I still need to mod those up a bit by shortening the piston a little because it hits the bladder inside (which is why that rubber limiter is on the front shocks). Did you keep the stock shocks or where you running something else?

I agree with you, the Mini trooper (racing buggy, extreme rally, etc) are miles above the older Turnigy SCT and Stadium Truck!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 08:01 AM
Joined Aug 2011
44 Posts
Ive kept it stock other than a 2040 4800kv motor as the original fried after a few runs, I am keeping it as a spare as pretty much every time me and a mate go out one of us breaks something and with us getting both the same should mean we have enough spares between us to fix on site, but the SCT will be kept running as a spare, I may upgrade the shocks on the Beetle to the ali ones and use the stock ones on the SCT.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 01:02 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,382 Posts
mattwarner:
I've taken to just hot gluing the front shock tower to the diff, I got sick of repairing it everytime after my nephew got through with it. Having to glue it is not a bad cycle, compared to having all the parts I would need onhand, and it's free! I have all the parts on hand for a few fixes at least, and one day I will fix it all up for him, maybe when the glue stops working. He likes it, what else do I need?

With the minitrooper shocks on it, it drives a lot better and doesn't body roll or flip over. The rear ones are a little long, but you can probably come up with a mod... And if nothing else just shorten the rear pistons and shock bodies to match the front ones, would be easy.

It sounds like a hamster is running the diffs .
Old Dec 23, 2014, 08:47 AM
Joined Aug 2011
44 Posts
My rear outdrives seem to have a lot of wobble one more than the other, any ideas what's causing this?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:05 AM
Bash the planet!!
United States, TX, Corpus Christi
Joined Jul 2014
100 Posts
Possibly bearings.
waitwhatsthat is offline Find More Posts by waitwhatsthat