1 I'm thinking about getting one of these
2 I'm thinking about not getting one of these
3 It's been ordered but not here yet
4 It's here but hasn't been maidened yet
5 It's been maidened and it flies like a dream
6 It's been maidened and it flies like a squirrel that was just hit with a .22
7 It's crashed but I might be able to fix it
8 It's crashed beyond repair
9 Why do the servos make those funny sounds?
10 Wouldn't it be nice if it had just a little more power?
11 -- add your comments here ---

I really like this plane and fly it more than any of the other UM's.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:33 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
3,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
Please tell us more, mate.
Your post could mean anything from...

1 I'm thinking about getting one of these
2 I'm thinking about not getting one of these
3 It's been ordered but not here yet
4 It's here but hasn't been maidened yet
5 It's been maidened and it flies like a dream
6 It's been maidened and it flies like a squirrel that was just hit with a .22
7 It's crashed but I might be able to fix it
8 It's crashed beyond repair
9 Why do the servos make those funny sounds?
10 Wouldn't it be nice if it had just a little more power?
11 -- add your comments here ---

I really like this plane and fly it more than any of the other UM's.
LOL - Welcome to the thread J-Ace. Glad to have you. Like Jovanx, I love this bird, in spite of the fact that you can read some differing reviews. It's a great flier.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:31 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
This one doesn't get much airtime with me, sad to say. I'd much rather fly the Sukhoi XP.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:27 AM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ls Thumbs View Post
This one doesn't get much airtime with me, sad to say. I'd much rather fly the Sukhoi XP.
As much as I like her I'm really hooked with the micro MiG and AS3X. If the micro Spitfire was 2s I'd be interested, but lately I find myself dreaming about the next micro EDF!!!!! But I am feeling guilty 'cause it's been a few months since I've flown her, although I did a flight last week with her big brother & felt better..
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:51 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,172 Posts
Hello whichwaysup

Now that you have had some time to experiment with the Bravo SX motors, I am curious to hear your thoughts. The issue of reliability will take more time to tell, but I would like to hear about the performance aspect of this motor. Is it noticeably more powerful than a new stock motor?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:07 PM
Joined Apr 2012
3,118 Posts
Jovanx - I'll do you one better - give me a few minutes and I'll post a couple of videos showing the performance of the corsair vs. the performance of the mustang - both of which have the new motor.

Here's the Mustang on BravoSX. Think "Rabit on speed"
Mustang Madness 1 (2 min 29 sec)

Here's the corsair on BravoSX. Think "fun, but still a corsair"

Corsair BSX 10 11 (3 min 25 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by whichwaysup; Oct 11, 2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:41 AM
Adelaide Australia
Joined Apr 2010
552 Posts
Sorry guy's for the lack of info. I have just purchased one of these little bird's from the for sale thread in excellent condition and a good price. I have only ran 2 batt's through her on a fairly windy day so I can't give you an accurate flight report but it landed fine every time, it flew a bit erratic but it was a little windy. The corsair is my favorite war bird so I am happy to get her Iv'e been flying the UMP51 for ages and have a blast with that so am hoping the corsair is just as good if not better.
J-ACE is offline Find More Posts by J-ACE
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:29 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,118 Posts
The Mustang handles wind better than my Corsair, and it is faster, zippier, and more aerobatic. Somehow, though, I find myself flying my Corsair more. LIke you, I'm a corsair nut and that clear canopy looks so much better than the painted mustang canopy. I think you'll be happy with your purchase.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:45 AM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
The Mustang handles wind better than my Corsair, and it is faster, zippier, and more aerobatic. Somehow, though, I find myself flying my Corsair more. LIke you, I'm a corsair nut and that clear canopy looks so much better than the painted mustang canopy. I think you'll be happy with your purchase.
It's true the Mustang handles the wind better, but I like the challenge of flying the Corsair in the wind and trying to hover it. It was hard to tell from the videos how much power the new motor has, but one thing was obvious. It's going to take me some serious hours to be able to fly those planes as well as you did, especially in a confined space such as yours. Good flying, and good videos!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Apr 2012
3,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
It's true the Mustang handles the wind better, but I like the challenge of flying the Corsair in the wind and trying to hover it. It was hard to tell from the videos how much power the new motor has, but one thing was obvious. It's going to take me some serious hours to be able to fly those planes as well as you did, especially in a confined space such as yours. Good flying, and good videos!
Hah! Thanks, but you know what is nice about video?

You can post only the good stuff! Ask me what happened to my poor MRSX today - you'll NEVER see the video on that one!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:55 PM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Ask me what happened to my poor MRSX today - you'll NEVER see the video on that one!
Soooo.....what happened to the MSRX?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:56 PM
Joined Apr 2012
3,118 Posts
Which time?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:45 PM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,172 Posts
I had a great time flying the little Corsair in a big wind. After several days of rain, the sun came out and the wind was up. There aren't many people to fly with in my little town, but there is a new guy who flew for years but hasn't done it for about 12 years. Now he is retired and wants to get back into it big time, and go all electric. The club gave him my phone number because they are all gassers and I am the lone electric guy.

The club guys don't get all that excited by watching a 1 oz foam plane fly. They like their 60" planes with lots of noise and smoke. The new guy came over to my place and I gave him a demo of 3 planes. He was amazed how that little Corsair could manage to hold it's own in such gusty wind conditions. If it had been a steady wind, the little motor would probably been overpowered, but it was gusty because of trees around the edge of the field. That day it battled the sudden ups and downs and survived. I managed to put it down on the wheels on the running-track, and then the wind picked it up and threw it over onto the grass. No damage, and the audience was impressed.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Apr 2012
3,118 Posts
That's the beauty of these things - In a small enough space, they truly look scale! I'm sad to say that I haven't flown mine in a week - darned wind is blowing, and I just got the new UMX Sbach 3D. WOW - that is one cool plane!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:17 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,778 Posts
Just saw that Sbach 3D at the Hobby Hanger while I was out of town, I have to admit..... It looked really cool!!! I'm trying to hold out to see if HH releases another micro EDF, but that Sbach looked sooooo cooooool!!!!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut