New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2016, 04:00 AM
Find More Posts by Roger Davis
Joined Jan 2016
1 Posts
Discussion
JJRC H20 Battery Falls Out

I'm beginning with the H20 and H18. The H20 battery will shift or fall out often.

If it simply shifts, it can screw up the trim badly, leaving you wondering what the ?#$%? happened until you start checking things over.

I found that rubber bands meant for hair, placed so that it goes around the closed end of the battery compartment, and then down low on ONLY the non wired corner of the battery, crossing the battery in the middle of that end, will hold it in, and are easy to work with.

Got a box of several hundred at the 99c store. These are clear, almost like fishing leader, low force (good), and about the size of my small finger.
Roger Davis is offline Find More Posts by Roger Davis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:14 AM
Find More Posts by hoppy
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
22,506 Posts
Velcro is the solution to all battery securing problems. Either from a Velcro strap around the pack or a piece of Velcro attached to the battery itself.

Rubber bands are OK but much more trouble.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:36 AM
Find More Posts by James_S
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined May 2014
3,486 Posts
On most of my planes I put a strip of fuzzy velcro on each battery and a strip of the prickly side on the plane. If you want it to be extra secure then a rubber band or velcro strap over it can provide that but the strip stuck to the battery will keep it from shifting around. Another options is to glue a small stop at either end in the battery compartment but the velcro is usually easier.
James_S is online now Find More Posts by James_S