HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:22 AM
Learning to mod
Ireland, Dublin, Dublin City
Joined Apr 2013
145 Posts
Discussion
Turnigy Accuel 6 Start-up Problem

I have ran into a problem with my Accuel 6 charger, recently taken out of storage.
When I plug the power supply in, the screen lights up with lots of white lines, and that's it. I cannot get to another screen or do anything, it's like it is stuck booting up, every time.
The power supply is outputting a steady 6A at 15.6v, so its not the problem. It is also the power supply I bought with the charger a year ago, HK branded.

What could be the problem? This is my only li-po pack charger.

I've attached a picture below.

Thank you.
fossil1999 is offline Find More Posts by fossil1999
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2015, 03:39 PM
No Guts, No Glory
timmybeetle's Avatar
Nederland, LI, Helden
Joined Sep 2010
612 Posts
FW defective

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossil1999 View Post
I have ran into a problem with my Accuel 6 charger, recently taken out of storage.
When I plug the power supply in, the screen lights up with lots of white lines, and that's it. I cannot get to another screen or do anything, it's like it is stuck booting up, every time.
The power supply is outputting a steady 6A at 15.6v, so its not the problem. It is also the power supply I bought with the charger a year ago, HK branded.

What could be the problem? This is my only li-po pack charger.

I've attached a picture below.

Thank you.
Hi

I think you have an FirmWare problem.
You could try to press (-) and (enter) and hook up power, see if calibration menu will be visible....
If not yours FW is corrupted...and has to be re-installed.
If this is the case you are in trouble......

grts HAns
timmybeetle is offline Find More Posts by timmybeetle
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2015, 04:42 PM
Learning to mod
Ireland, Dublin, Dublin City
Joined Apr 2013
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmybeetle View Post
Hi

I think you have an FirmWare problem.
You could try to press (-) and (enter) and hook up power, see if calibration menu will be visible....
If not yours FW is corrupted...and has to be re-installed.
If this is the case you are in trouble......

grts HAns
I tried that, no change.
Am I not able to re-install the firmware?

It worked fine before I put it away.
Is there anything else that could be a/the problem?

Thank you
fossil1999 is offline Find More Posts by fossil1999
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:58 PM
No Guts, No Glory
timmybeetle's Avatar
Nederland, LI, Helden
Joined Sep 2010
612 Posts
sorry for yours problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossil1999 View Post
I tried that, no change.
Am I not able to re-install the firmware?

It worked fine before I put it away.
Is there anything else that could be a/the problem?

Thank you
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1951734

otherwise I think it si ceaper to buy a new one????ore other LIPO charger.

I have no idea what the problem is ore how too solve it.
I'm soory that I'm not able to help ypu further....

good luck, grts Hans
timmybeetle is offline Find More Posts by timmybeetle
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:41 PM
Learning to mod
Ireland, Dublin, Dublin City
Joined Apr 2013
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmybeetle View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1951734

otherwise I think it si ceaper to buy a new one????ore other LIPO charger.

I have no idea what the problem is ore how too solve it.
I'm soory that I'm not able to help ypu further....

good luck, grts Hans
Thank you.
It does seem like a firmware problem.
Unfortunately, I do not think that I am not capable of re-programming it, so out goes $30 for a new one.

While I am shopping for a new charger, does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be a better charger?
At the moment, I can confidently say that I will not be using Li-po batteries bigger than 3s.

Thank you.
fossil1999 is offline Find More Posts by fossil1999
Last edited by fossil1999; Mar 26, 2015 at 12:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2015, 02:56 PM
No Guts, No Glory
timmybeetle's Avatar
Nederland, LI, Helden
Joined Sep 2010
612 Posts
LIPO charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossil1999 View Post
Thank you.
It does seem like a firmware problem.
Unfortunately, I do not think that I am not capable of re-programming it, so out goes $30 for a new one.

While I am shopping for a new charger, does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be a better charger?
At the moment, I can confidently say that I will not be using Li-po batteries bigger than 3s.

Thank you.
Hi

I would recomend this charger if you using only 3S lipo's.
It is cheap and if you calibrate it as described in forum you have a great charger for the money.
To bad I'm not able to help you, shipping cost sending it to me and back will be the same as ordering a new one from HobbyKing....

grts Hans
timmybeetle is offline Find More Posts by timmybeetle
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2015, 04:45 PM
Learning to mod
Ireland, Dublin, Dublin City
Joined Apr 2013
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmybeetle View Post
Hi

I would recomend this charger if you using only 3S lipo's.
It is cheap and if you calibrate it as described in forum you have a great charger for the money.
To bad I'm not able to help you, shipping cost sending it to me and back will be the same as ordering a new one from HobbyKing....

grts Hans
Thank you for all the help you've given me.
I'll order a new charger as soon a HK gets them back in stock.
fossil1999 is offline Find More Posts by fossil1999
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! MJX F49 / F649 Problem, not starting up DimoX Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 36 Nov 04, 2014 07:52 PM
Discussion My brand new turnigy accuell 6"connection break" Help!!! spencer911 Batteries and Chargers 16 Sep 29, 2014 01:30 PM
Discussion apm 2.6 problem started today mbu10 Multirotor Talk 0 Sep 27, 2014 10:47 AM
Help! Problem with DJI F550 (motors not starting up) 98 SNAKE EATER Multirotor Electronics 9 Oct 12, 2013 06:35 PM
Discussion Turnigy Trust motor start up problem TyCarp Power Systems 15 Feb 04, 2012 10:49 PM