HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 06:39 AM
Joined Sep 2011
205 Posts
I did put a picture with the above but it didn't appear, came up with a red line that said error : true . Will try with this post .
Geoff Potter is offline Find More Posts by Geoff Potter
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 09:21 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Potter View Post
I just finished rebuilding one of these Reggie , but it was a bit of a junker . It had no mounting lugs ,the threads were all stripped in the top of the crankcase and the fuel system was just junk . But it did come up ok and runs very nicely ,a pretty little engine . I didn't know that's what their name was , I think the owner will be happy with it .
Geoff, I don't think your photo is an Attachport Mills, it's an early original, with a wrong prop nut and washer. Unfortunately, if you had to replace the lugs, you won't be able to see the original numbers.
brokenenglish is offline Find More Posts by brokenenglish
Old Today, 06:01 PM
Joined Sep 2011
205 Posts
Thank you BE , I bow to your supperiour knowledge . I do have the old lugs as one was broken off completely and the other was pulled out with a bit of crankcase when the owner tried to start it after purchase on the TREADED BAY as a mint condition example . On one lug 30 ( right hand from front ) and the LH with crankcase piece is 05 . Setting up and picking up the backplate thread and making the fuel system with shutoff work again was a bit of an exercise . I did know it was a Mills of some sort and when I saw Reggie's pic thought it was one of those. Maybe I should make the right prop retainer nut setup for it ,what does it look like ?
Geoff Potter is offline Find More Posts by Geoff Potter