HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:14 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,511 Posts
Discussion
Odd-Ball programming scenarios

I thought that the DX8 had the easiest programming features until I spent two minutes with an A9. After losing most of my planes due to lockouts/brownouts/whatever I'll be spending a lot more time with an A9.

Since basic programming is so easy, I thought I'd start a thread where we could challenge each other.

Here's my submission:
The subject is basically a three channel motor glider flown in Mode 2. It has double rudders activated by the aileron stick and actuated by two servos in the stab.
I think I've figured out how to get more deflection from the inboard rudder by limiting throws but I'd like to be able to do something a little different. With the left slider, I'd like to be able to turn them both outward as airbrakes and still maintain some directional control. Slider forward, rudders parallel; slider back,rudders split.
I don't mind digital trims that much, except on the elevator. For that, I like something a little more tactile; something I don't need to hear over engine noises and talking. Can I put the elevator trim on the right slider?
RyanNX211 is offline Find More Posts by RyanNX211
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:34 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211 View Post
I thought that the DX8 had the easiest programming features until I spent two minutes with an A9.
After losing most of my planes due to lockouts/brownouts/whatever I'll be spending a lot more time with an A9.
Since basic programming is so easy, I thought I'd start a thread where we could challenge each other. :
Here's my submission:
The subject is basically a three channel motor glider flown in Mode 2.
It has double rudders activated by the aileron stick and actuated by two servos in the stab.
I think I've figured out how to get more deflection from the inboard rudder by limiting throws but
I'd like to be able to do something a little different.
With the left slider, I'd like to be able to turn them both outward as airbrakes and still maintain some
directional control. Slider forward, rudders parallel; slider back,rudders split.
I don't mind digital trims that
much, except on the elevator. For that, I like something a little more tactile; something I don't need to
hear over engine noises and talking.
Can I put the elevator trim on the right slider?
Similar set up:
. Aurora 9 - Airbrakes -Twin Rudder set up. posts 4503 & 4504 e.g. Stryker 27Q & Funjet mode 1&2 setup & Zip files
Trim:
. Aurora 9 - Trim Mixes In-flight - Cross Trim, In Flight Mix Changes, Re-Assign or Mix Trims.
. Aurora 9 - Programming Chart

When your model set up complete, add to:
Aurora 9 - Model Set Up & Templates Program (Model) Templates.
(Download existing Set Ups and transfer to your Aurora. Upload & share your own set ups/solutions.)

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.