HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2014, 07:57 PM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,373 Posts
Madison, have you found any certain types of the Kobra (high pressure vs low pressure cans) to work better with painting the foam?
JGuilty13 is online now Find More Posts by JGuilty13
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 01:12 AM
France, Burgandy, Dijon
Joined Jun 2010
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica2000 View Post
Nice Job MMaster, but i have a question for you:

I saw that you´re using a gens ace bat (6s5000ma), but are you aware that the size of this bat dosent "fit" in the cockpit ? Because i already have a gens ace 6s4500ma and i cant use on this plane...

Thanks!
Hello
Thank's Metallica2000
Hello, yes, the 6S 5000 Gens Ace can go in the fuselage of the MIG 29 by making a small change, otherwise I would use 2 x 3S 5000 ......
...We will see this in late November ......

MADISONMaster
MADISONMaster is offline Find More Posts by MADISONMaster
Old Yesterday, 01:36 AM
France, Burgandy, Dijon
Joined Jun 2010
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuilty13 View Post
Madison, have you found any certain types of the Kobra (high pressure vs low pressure cans) to work better with painting the foam?
Hello JGuilty13
For painting the foam (with fiber glass) , i use low pressure or high pressure KOBRA acrylic paint - 400ml choose by color ...no problem's
low pressure are satin paint
high pressure are Mat paint
http://www.maquis-art.com/shop/2-174...s-Art.com.html
http://www.maquis-art.com/shop/2-174...s-Art.com.html
I am used to do my sticker and I spend varnish, matt, satin or gloss to finish the plane

Here, the paint on my RAFALE with low pressure and satin varnish and MIG 29 with high pressure and satin varnish.........

To paint directly on the foam, you have to make test !!!
but i can test for you before buy the paint (depending on the type of foam) ......

MADISONMaster
MADISONMaster is offline Find More Posts by MADISONMaster
Last edited by MADISONMaster; Yesterday at 12:04 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
2,947 Posts
Wow impressive work MM, do you have a list of the struts, retracts, wheels you used for your MiG29 project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADISONMaster View Post
Thank's
it is 71m and a have 90m runway ...
I cut and integrated piece fiber glass for the main landing gear
I cut the gear doors, main door, a hatch in spring and a service door

MADISONMaster
IntheTubeDeep is online now Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM
Joined May 2013
69 Posts
CaptMM,

I intend to do just that....One minor problem....servos.....its almost impossible to find 17g micro servos....I purchased 13 servos I thought were the correct size but turned out to be too long..
29mm instead of the 23mm. With the other mistakes in choosing servo in the past....LOL I have a box of new servos that wont fit anything....so I will have to find a plane that takes these somewhat larger servos.

Now that I have seen all the mods a person can make, I may use some of them in places that wont be so noticeable after I cut out a larger area to accommodate the larger servos.

I reviewed a blog late last nite about a fellow in Switzerland who redid a Typhoon. He must be related to Madison LOL.....both do amazing work and pushes one to try other mods.

After viewing your video I will make a few more mods for sure.
Back to the garage and building.....raining like crazy 2inches in the last days.

Lazduc
lazduc is offline Find More Posts by lazduc