HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2009, 02:03 AM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Feb 2009
1,287 Posts
Discussion
People who usesn380, sn555, or sn777 cameras...

Have you had any problems as far as corrupt pixels from the camera? I first purchased a sn380 from hobbywireless and I had a bad pixel on the screen as I viewed them through thr goggles. So I returned that camera and upgraded to a sn555. Now I have the same problem but its in a different location. I have two messed up pixels in the view of the goggles and my home tv. Everything is plugged in correctly and focused because 1) it works 2) it has a clear picture. I couldnt understand if I crashed or banged up the camera but it hasnt even seen 5 minutes of use or been in the air. So once again Im returning this camera. I want the same camera but I hate to risk having another camera do this. Are there any known causes for this? Im using a fully charged 3s lipo so the highest Voltage it sees is 12.6V.
yellowcolorado is online now Find More Posts by yellowcolorado
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2009, 02:20 AM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
I don't know about the sn380, but I know that I have seen a few people mention problems with dead pixels on the sn555. Not sure what causes it though.
lovegroove is offline Find More Posts by lovegroove
Old Sep 18, 2009, 05:41 PM
FPV Pilot
United States, MT, Missoula
Joined Mar 2006
1,264 Posts
I own two SN555 and a SN777 and never had any issues with bad pixels. I'm sure it could happen though. Having several other cameras these are my favorite.
Crash9 is offline Find More Posts by Crash9
Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:25 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,665 Posts
Most megapixel+ CCD sensors have dead pixels from the factory
but they create a mapping table in the firmware that masks them
out with information from neighboring pixels. Sometimes more
crop up over time, and there's not much you can do about it.
Usually you'll find that looking a live outdoor scene the dead or bright
pixels won't be as noticeable, if at all.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:34 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,570 Posts
Thanks for posting that info Daemon,

Now I know why my KX 191 that I use as a security cam shows a bright "dot" at night.

I suspected a dead pixel but was not sure.

The "dot" is not at all visible in daylight.

I have the cam mounted in my garage window looking across the yard at the back door of my house.
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex