SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 14, 2008, 09:09 AM
twinkle
i-o-m
Joined Jul 2008
161 Posts
Discussion
servo colours are different eze glider electric

hi,i am putting a eze glider together,and i have come to installing the wing servo's,and extension leads, i'm new to r/c,and the ext leads wires are different colours to the servo's,should i put the red=red,black=black,and the white is connected to the yellow wire,it may sound a silly question,but i dont want to glue everything together wrong,because there's no access once it's in,it's in. do i tie a knot in the servo ext so as not to pull it out of the wing,and servo plug? or could i glue the cable with c,a, i would be really grateful for some assurance,thank you all bob
bobbyyessir@ya is offline Find More Posts by bobbyyessir@ya
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:48 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2007
5,273 Posts
Red is +/middle. Darkest color (brown or black) is -, lightest color (white, orange, yellow) is signal). Match them up that way.

I sometimes use a little dab of hot glue to attach wires and secure servos. Holds well but can be removed if necessary. My own opinion is NEVER get CA near anything to do with a servo. Gets into everything.

fly
flydiver is online now Find More Posts by flydiver
Old Aug 14, 2008, 09:44 PM
John,not Zerts.JOHN, NOT Zerts
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2007
1,840 Posts
Also, never get CA on electrical wire insulation - makes it brittle. For securing wiring, I use Goop, Shoe Goo, or silicone rubber - whatever is handy.
Zerts is offline Find More Posts by Zerts
Last edited by Zerts; Aug 14, 2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 06:07 AM
twinkle
i-o-m
Joined Jul 2008
161 Posts
hi,thank you for your help,bob
bobbyyessir@ya is offline Find More Posts by bobbyyessir@ya