Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multor View Post
i really hate this. mpng crius just wants to wobble to death

what is imax D: can someone please please please help me

any one with 1000kv 1045 setup in there in a 450 frame or 550 i cant trust my camera on this stabilization huhuhu please someone help
It sounds like your gains are too high, maybe Stabilize gains as NDw says, have your tried lowering them?

Have a look at "koolkiwikat's" last post HERE
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:41 AM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBuckley70 View Post
Thanks for that - I'll work through them.

Regarding connecting a cabled USB socket directly to the broken PCB, I believe the important connections are as shown below?
OK - I appear to have connectivity back to the USB controller chip & no shorts.

And plugging a USB cable into the tail powers the board OK. But the PC isn't responding to it.

Does anyone know what the pad representing pin-4 (ID) is supposed to be connected to? It doesn't appear to be connected to anything on the Crius.

According to the spec. for USB, the pinout for micro-B is:

1 VBUS Red +5 V
2 D− White Data −
3 D+ Green Data +
4 ID (No colour)
5 GND Black Ground

EDIT: BTW: I know pins 2 & 3 are the wrong way around - I tried it both ways
KevinBuckley70 is offline Find More Posts by KevinBuckley70
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:08 AM
Ungifted Prodigy
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2012
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
It sounds like your gains are too high, maybe Stabilize gains as NDw says, have your tried lowering them?

Have a look at "koolkiwikat's" last post HERE
i did both rate and stabilize from 1-7 and at rate 0-.400

edit: i tried 180 imax from 20 and now its good but its sliding around really badly and sometimes it just shoots up to one direction for no reason.

on MY crius multiwii SE board it works fine, all my esc are calibrated parallely.
Multor is offline Find More Posts by Multor
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:11 AM
Ungifted Prodigy
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2012
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBuckley70 View Post
OK - I appear to have connectivity back to the USB controller chip & no shorts.

And plugging a USB cable into the tail powers the board OK. But the PC isn't responding to it.

Does anyone know what the pad representing pin-4 (ID) is supposed to be connected to? It doesn't appear to be connected to anything on the Crius.

According to the spec. for USB, the pinout for micro-B is:

1 VBUS Red +5 V
2 D− White Data −
3 D+ Green Data +
4 ID (No colour)
5 GND Black Ground

EDIT: BTW: I know pins 2 & 3 are the wrong way around - I tried it both ways
i think this will help you out
http://www.cpkb.org/wiki/Micro-USB_pinout
just visualize it imagine* you have the female version and lay the orientations down in your board.

edit: oops i just read thoroughly tru your post. get your usb cord plug it in your broken female micro connector and see the continuities of your missing pin 4.
Multor is offline Find More Posts by Multor
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:18 AM
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jul 2001
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multor View Post
i think this will help you out
http://www.cpkb.org/wiki/Micro-USB_pinout
just visualize it imagine* you have the female version and lay the orientations down in your board.

edit: oops i just read thoroughly tru your post. get your usb cord plug it in your broken female micro connector and see the continuities of your missing pin 4.
Thanks. That's how I have wired it. I know the orientation is correct because when I plug in the USB, the board powers up. So +5 & Gnd are in the right places. And you can see from the photograph the D+ & D- pads which are tracked to the controller chip.

But for some reason, the PC can't see it.
KevinBuckley70 is offline Find More Posts by KevinBuckley70
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:23 AM
Australia, VIC, Bannockburn
Joined Aug 2012
44 Posts
Can some one please explain how to get voltage sensor working I'm pretty sure it's pin a0 I can configure it and then test it with a battery and the volts change when I connect it to battery but it's not an accurate reading. I have tried the power from the ubec and a esc but the voltage on both don't seem to drop as the battery drains. I'm using mega pirate r4. I'm trying to get the battery reading correct in the mission planner osd.
didgydont is offline Find More Posts by didgydont
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:42 AM
United States, SC, Ridge Spring
Joined May 2012
110 Posts
Quote:
It hooks up the same way as the V1, TX to RX2 & RX to TX2:

Thanks! That did the trick, GPS is now working and locked on.
Boykintom is offline Find More Posts by Boykintom
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:03 PM
United States, CA, Yosemite Lakes
Joined Jan 2008
687 Posts
Quote:
That is very strange, it looks like the throttle is being pumped, as long as all your settings are correct I would double check/re-run the ESC's throttle calibration & try sticking the CRIUS AIOP just on the white foam without the velco, sometimes too much vibration dampening will cause even more problems.
I will try that, Im pretty sure I did all my throttle calibrations. Did 3 with a programming card, and one by radio because the card stopped working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDw View Post
I'd try just getting it a few feet off the ground and see if it sorts itself out.

I'm using the same frame but nvr tried the multiwii firmware. The megapirate defaults work really well with it.
I played with the settings a bit and got it to hover at about 2 feet. But it only will hover for like 10-15 seconds. Then one side will cut out and dip and it crashes to the ground.
scribble007 is offline Find More Posts by scribble007
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:15 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach Gardens
Joined Jun 2012
54 Posts
[QUOTE=scribble007;22787480]I will try that, Im pretty sure I did all my throttle calibrations. Did 3 with a programming card, and one by radio because the card stopped working.

Throttle cant be calibrated with a card, the TX must be used. Hence the word "calibrate"

Chris
CHRISGA1A is offline Find More Posts by CHRISGA1A
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:33 PM
United States, CA, Yosemite Lakes
Joined Jan 2008
687 Posts
Oh, Oops
I miss spoke (typed)
I used the card to make all settings identical (cut off, timing ect)
And I used a y-harness to do the throttle calibration 2 at a time.
Ill try again one at a time tonight. Im also trying to fab that CD holder Board suspending rubber band mount I saw on here. Forgot who made it.
scribble007 is offline Find More Posts by scribble007
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:58 PM
Joined Aug 2012
51 Posts
I've read through this entire thread to learn more about the board, and there are questions that were completely skipped through regarding the GPS...

who knows what is a better module to use with the AIO?

these seem to be what the majority is using:
U-blox NEO-6M
U-blox LEA-6H
MediaTek MT3329
MediaTek MT3339

anyone?
nomand is offline Find More Posts by nomand
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:49 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomand View Post
I've read through this entire thread to learn more about the board, and there are questions that were completely skipped through regarding the GPS...

who knows what is a better module to use with the AIO?

these seem to be what the majority is using:
U-blox NEO-6M
U-blox LEA-6H
MediaTek MT3329
MediaTek MT3339

anyone?
I would suggest MT3339

I have a U_blox NEO-6M ... with 6.02 firmware, if anybody knows how to upgrade the firmware to 7.03 I will appreciate, on ublox site apparently NEO firmware is not even available ...
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:37 PM
KD4KW
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Jul 2009
65 Posts
As a followup to an earlier request for help thanks everyone. In the sketch I did see how to set or know what the ftdi port speed is. For MPNG can someone fill me in. I'm trying to get the BT working.
Kd4Kw is offline Find More Posts by Kd4Kw
Last edited by Kd4Kw; Sep 20, 2012 at 08:55 PM. Reason: I made error.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:55 PM
Joined Jun 2008
41 Posts
Anyone know how to reach rctimer?

Hi,

I've been trying to get in touch with rctimer via email, does anyone know how to reach them? I've tried sales@rctimer.com and rctimer@gmail.com, are there any others? Thanks!
jtpile is offline Find More Posts by jtpile
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:08 AM
Joined Dec 2011
85 Posts
CRIUS LCD not working?

I saw earlier in the thread some back-and-forth about the Crius LCD not working properly with MultiWii 2.0 and above. I'm having some problems getting my LCD to work, and wondered if anyone had some solutions (other than soldering an ISP header to the LCD board and reflashing the firmware).

I'm using MultiWii 2.1 with a Crius SE 2.0, and the Crius LCD flashes "SERIAL LCD V1.03" on power-up.

Has anyone managed to get this working using LCD_SERIAL3W , or is there something else I'm missing?
xoxota is offline Find More Posts by xoxota