HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 07:10 PM
Lowell, MA
Joined Feb 2004
593 Posts
My front left wheel came out today during taxi (much better than on landing or takeoff). Upon inspection I realized that front wheels are kept in place with a tiny lock washer (not sure what to call it). Did anyone else experience this problem? How did you replace these? There doesn't seem to be enough space left to install a typical wheel collar
flanker is offline Find More Posts by flanker
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 09:42 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by missle View Post
So I was surprised to walk out the door only to meet the FedEx guy with my newest toy; the F4U 1700 Grey Corsair

Did a lot of reading over the last several weeks (still have some to go) and I think I'm up to date on the most common issues as well as greatness of this bird. The biggest for me is the crazy amount of lead folks have had to put in to get her to balance in the 110-100 range (I know the manufacture calls for 120mm) of which there's almost nothing I dislike more IF I can replace with something functional. So I started playing with the current 6S packs I have around, and came across so fairly newer E-Flite 6S 3200mah packs that weight 487g each. Then I wondered if two of these in parallel would be too heavy or even fit (would weight 987g + par cable) so I poked around and looked for the space when I found there's an angled cavity in the lower section of the nose. For those that have the F4U 1400mm, you would recognize this exact same channel as the purposed location for the battery in the 1400mm version.
So I removed a little of the flat section so that a pack could easily slide down into the channel of which not only did that work great, but it's a snug fit for the pack that keeps it from moving a millimeter! How awesome is that! To make it even better, once I put the second pack in and put her on the balance stand, she balances at 104mm from the leading edge
Better to cg with gear up as most will be that way. wheels retract behind cg so be careful
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Today, 10:43 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanker View Post
My front left wheel came out today during taxi (much better than on landing or takeoff). Upon inspection I realized that front wheels are kept in place with a tiny lock washer (not sure what to call it). Did anyone else experience this problem? How did you replace these? There doesn't seem to be enough space left to install a typical wheel collar
Its called a"C" or "E" clip.I read that they come off,so guys were putting a dab of glue on them.you might be able to find one at auto parts store,or a good hardware store.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY