SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:33 PM
Registered User
loquacious's Avatar
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2012
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denodan View Post
Hope someone can help you?


I do fine if you throttle up to quick, seems the motors can spin at different speeds, but go over 50% and they even up.

I have had the odd problem where one motor would spin slower then the rest, or seemed to, by looking at my blades, as the orange ones have black tape on could see it, or looked to be. But drop the throttle, start up slow, and fine.

Seems if your too quick on the throttle can cause problems, but drop then start and fine. Anyone else found this?

Most of the time mine is fine, but you do have to watch this, but blades will very in speed anyway on quads it seems. Just maybe more noticeable on the lotus due to having big blades, and seems get over 50% throttle and this does not seem to be an issue. But If you start the throttle to quick can at times cause problems with motor speeds.
Maybe I should try taking mine over 50% and see if I can get it to lift off. I have only taken it to 20% and noticed the differing speed .. I checked again after reading your post and there seems to be at least two that spin slower when only throttling up to 20% though one does go slow enough to be able to stop it spinning with my fingers.

I took the propellers off and took it to 100% and even the slow motor was spinning properly or seemed to be.

Unfortunately it is way to windy here to try it outside and I am reluctant to try indoors as I do not want an accident. Hopefully it is just a quirk of the quad and it will be fine if I take it over 50% throttle .... I just do not want to smash a prop as it seems to want to tip as I increase the throttle.
loquacious is online now Find More Posts by loquacious
Last edited by loquacious; Sep 21, 2012 at 11:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:25 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loquacious View Post
Maybe I should try taking mine over 50% and see if I can get it to lift off. I have only taken it to 20% and noticed the differing speed .. I checked again after reading your post and there seems to be at least two that spin slower when only throttling up to 20% though one does go slow enough to be able to stop it spinning with my fingers.

I took the propellers off and took it to 100% and even the slow motor was spinning properly or seemed to be.

Unfortunately it is way to windy here to try it outside and I am reluctant to try indoors as I do not want an accident. Hopefully it is just a quirk of the quad and it will be fine if I take it over 50% throttle .... I just do not want to smash a prop as it seems to want to tip as I increase the throttle.
If it wants to tip, then give it trim, trim the opposite direction. I have mine set else if I go to lift off, it flipped, so take note the directions it tlilts, then trim the opposite and will help you get off the ground.
denodan is offline Find More Posts by denodan
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:41 AM
Registered User
loquacious's Avatar
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2012
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denodan View Post
If it wants to tip, then give it trim, trim the opposite direction. I have mine set else if I go to lift off, it flipped, so take note the directions it tlilts, then trim the opposite and will help you get off the ground.
Thanks for that ... I am still worried though, just took propellers off and took throttle to 50% and I could still stop the motor on the suspect arm with two fingers.

I took it to 60% and could not stop it then. I then took it to 100% and it "seemed" to be spinning as fast as the others but difficult to tell for sure. Guess only real way to tell is to try and fly it when wind eventually settles.

I am wondering though if it is possible that the bottom ESC is bad on just the one arm as every motor I put there spins slower at low throttle?
loquacious is online now Find More Posts by loquacious
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:04 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loquacious View Post
Thanks for that ... I am still worried though, just took propellers off and took throttle to 50% and I could still stop the motor on the suspect arm with two fingers.

I took it to 60% and could not stop it then. I then took it to 100% and it "seemed" to be spinning as fast as the others but difficult to tell for sure. Guess only real way to tell is to try and fly it when wind eventually settles.

I am wondering though if it is possible that the bottom ESC is bad on just the one arm as every motor I put there spins slower at low throttle?
Hi , loquacious .May be you can upload a video which can reflect this problem .
Then the LotusRC will help you analysis .
At the same time, please announced from who you buy the motors . Thanks .
LIUCHUNYAN is offline Find More Posts by LIUCHUNYAN
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:20 AM
Registered User
loquacious's Avatar
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2012
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIUCHUNYAN View Post
Hi , loquacious .May be you can upload a video which can reflect this problem .
Then the LotusRC will help you analysis .
At the same time, please announced from who you buy the motors . Thanks .
The motors are the ones on the quad when it came yesterday. I bought it from
http://www.the1rc.com/LOTUS_RC_T580P_QUADCOPTER.HTM

I will try to upload a video. I put ALL four motors on the suspect arm and all of them spin slow on that arm but spin ok on other arms. I am so disappointed I have not flown my new quad yet
I have uploaded video to youtube ......
Upload (1 min 7 sec)


I have put green tape on the arm that seems to be the problem. As you can see it spins slower than all the others. Swapping the motors around does not solve the problem, all motors on that particular arm spin slowly!!!
loquacious is online now Find More Posts by loquacious
Last edited by loquacious; Sep 22, 2012 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Video uploaded
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:22 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
Please upload the fuselage barcode number.
PHOTO.
Thanks.
490905002 is offline Find More Posts by 490905002
Last edited by 490905002; Sep 22, 2012 at 05:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:30 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
If you can open the top cover, let us see inside the LED lights flashing on the best.
490905002 is offline Find More Posts by 490905002
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:34 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
His LED on the board is flashing blue. I am sure mine flashes red, when it's going, can see it flashing red when flying, and even when the TX has bind to the Lotus and mine is working fine, flies well.
denodan is offline Find More Posts by denodan
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:39 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denodan View Post
His LED on the board is flashing blue. I am sure mine flashes red, when it's going, can see it flashing red when flying, and even when the TX has bind to the Lotus and mine is working fine, flies well.
Please upload the fuselage barcode number.
PHOTO.
Thanks.
490905002 is offline Find More Posts by 490905002
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:50 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loquacious View Post
The motors are the ones on the quad when it came yesterday. I bought it from
http://www.the1rc.com/LOTUS_RC_T580P_QUADCOPTER.HTM

I will try to upload a video. I put ALL four motors on the suspect arm and all of them spin slow on that arm but spin ok on other arms. I am so disappointed I have not flown my new quad yet
I have uploaded video to youtube ...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtK6u...ature=youtu.be

I have put green tape on the arm that seems to be the problem. As you can see it spins slower than all the others. Swapping the motors around does not solve the problem, all motors on that particular arm spin slowly!!!
The video we've seen, and we found no problem, all work is normal.
If you stopped to allow the blade with your fingers, your fingers.
LOTUSRC the overall design, the first is security. From all the details as much as possible taking into account the protection of the user.
You can try to paddle bent 90 to 180 degrees, you will find that it will be a complete recovery. This is just a small feature.
490905002 is offline Find More Posts by 490905002
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:52 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denodan View Post
His LED on the board is flashing blue. I am sure mine flashes red, when it's going, can see it flashing red when flying, and even when the TX has bind to the Lotus and mine is working fine, flies well.
My friend.
Bold to fly, if you are a novice, find a friend with the area you.
You will enjoy the slow paddle, to bring you the fun.

LotusRC
490905002 is offline Find More Posts by 490905002
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:54 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
Thank you for your feedback. This represents trust you LOTUSRC.
490905002 is offline Find More Posts by 490905002
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:03 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
245 Posts
Here is the label
denodan is offline Find More Posts by denodan
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:06 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2005
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loquacious View Post
The motors are the ones on the quad when it came yesterday. I bought it from
http://www.the1rc.com/LOTUS_RC_T580P_QUADCOPTER.HTM

I will try to upload a video. I put ALL four motors on the suspect arm and all of them spin slow on that arm but spin ok on other arms. I am so disappointed I have not flown my new quad yet
I have uploaded video to youtube ...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtK6u...ature=youtu.be

I have put green tape on the arm that seems to be the problem. As you can see it spins slower than all the others. Swapping the motors around does not solve the problem, all motors on that particular arm spin slowly!!!
Hi,
You should go ahead to lift off as it should be ok. Some of the condition can cause the the FC to think one motor power need to be lower but once in the air, it will self corrected.

For extra safe, you can hold the model above your head and power up till it is about to lift off your hand. that way you can see if it will level up itself or not.
dt8666 is offline Find More Posts by dt8666
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:34 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
One of the LOTUSRC General Features contrast

The assembly is simple.

.T80
Assembly steps: a. assembled tripod. b. mounted on the rotor. c. installed receiver.
Elapsed time.: About 5 minutes



T380(regular version)
Assembly steps: .a. assembled tripod. b. mounted on the rotor. c. installed receiver.
Elapsed time.: About 5 minutes


T380(Advanced version)
Assembly steps:a. mounted on the rotor. b. installed receiver.
Elapsed time.: About 5 minutes


T580
Assembly steps: a. assembled tripod. .b. mounted on the blade. c. open the top cover, installed receiver. d. lock cover.
Elapsed time.:5 to 10 minutes

T580P+
Assembly steps: a. expand arm. b. assembled tripod. c. installed blades. d. installed receiver
Elapsed time.:10 to 15 minutes
490905002 is offline Find More Posts by 490905002
Last edited by 490905002; Sep 22, 2012 at 07:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product ARF LotusRC T580 quadcopter LotusRC Multirotor Talk 3741 Jan 09, 2012 11:23 AM
Question XAircraft X650 vs. LotusRC T580 ~>Miha<~ Multirotor Talk 8 Sep 08, 2011 02:19 PM
Discussion Our stories-developers and pilots,started with the LotusRC T580 flips yiny0730 Multirotor Talk 3 Jul 02, 2011 06:58 AM