HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by The Don, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 12:48 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,150 Posts
It was not just EVO rotor, I had a special KV motor made specifically for the 50mm microfan so stuck there as well.
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2014, 01:55 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Aug 2011
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
It was not just EVO rotor, I had a special KV motor made specifically for the 50mm microfan so stuck there as well.
Sorry to hear their service practically vanished...
Alpha10 is online now Find More Posts by Alpha10
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:46 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,150 Posts
News update! Just got a ship notice from Wemotec. I have complete Minifan EVO fans units with 4mm shaft adapter on the way and MF EVO spare rotors on the way!

Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:21 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,183 Posts
ck

Quote:
News update! Just got a ship notice from Wemotec. I have complete Minifan EVO fans units with 4mm shaft adapter on the way and MF EVO spare rotors on the way!

Don
great.......... can i pre order rotors? i need 2 at least

thanks , chuck.
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r
Old Jul 24, 2014, 09:51 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,150 Posts
Pre order is up!

http://www.donsrc.com/cart/index.php...gory&cat_id=28
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 26, 2014, 08:35 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,516 Posts
Quote:

Don
whew ! good news for sure
KCinNC is online now Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Jul 30, 2014, 03:51 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,150 Posts
Wemotec Mini Fan EVO fans arrived to day and up on my website. Also some spare rotors.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 30, 2014, 04:06 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,183 Posts
thanks for the email.......funds sent.

chuck.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:37 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,150 Posts
OK guys I have some potentially bad news. My motor supplier has just increased my minimum buy order quantity on Wicked EDF motors to basically a one years supply. So I am at a crossroads here. My Wicked motors are getting low on stock and not sure if I can justify buying so many motors. Hobbyking is selling EDF motors with built in standoffs cheaper than I can get Wicked motors made. Seems people are happy with HK EDF motors so starting to think the Wicked motors are becoming obsolete. I guess I can buy the HK motors instead and sell balanced setups instead of balanced Wicked motors setups. Not sure what to do. Feeling discouraged.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:19 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,150 Posts
HET 2W-20 back in stock. Also more 2W-27s in stock and HET 6404 64mm fans in stock.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:21 AM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,183 Posts
Quote:
OK guys I have some potentially bad news. My motor supplier has just increased my minimum buy order quantity on Wicked EDF motors to basically a one years supply. So I am at a crossroads here. My Wicked motors are getting low on stock and not sure if I can justify buying so many motors. Hobbyking is selling EDF motors with built in standoffs cheaper than I can get Wicked motors made. Seems people are happy with HK EDF motors so starting to think the Wicked motors are becoming obsolete. I guess I can buy the HK motors instead and sell balanced setups instead of balanced Wicked motors setups. Not sure what to do. Feeling discouraged.
sorry to hear this don. for me 1 of the biggest issues w/ edf motors is lousy bearings...... and the h/k motors area real crap shoot in that regard. i dont know what or how u spec the bearings in your motors but they seem to be better and or the fact that u locktite the shaft to the bearing id which can be a issue w/ the loose fit on the h/k motors. as u know getting good balance results is all but impossible w/ lousy bearings and or shaft fit. my guess is u could make it work but it may go the route of some of the other things u have tried w/ less than stellar parts. the other thing w/ the hk motors , imo is they are a bit under sized .....not much in the 70-80 gram area.

chuck.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:36 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,150 Posts
I was looking at their motors a bit more in depth and the stator length are rather small for the 64mm stuff in my opinion. I have never had one in my hands to inspect but cheap bearings I can understand and sloppy fit causing issues. Nevertheless with sales down ~60% from two years ago people must not care about that stuff anymore as it is so cheap. I have some overruns on the way to me now but may have to discontinue some motors such as the Wicked Plus 4000 and 4400, and the regular Wicked 5400 and possibly the 6000 depending on if I can get more microfans or not but people want high blade 50mm anyhow these days. So maybe just keep the Wicked 4000 and 4800 as they are are the two most popular motors I sell.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by The Don; Aug 22, 2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 06:48 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,150 Posts
One Wicked Wemo combo left!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 04, 2014, 11:13 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,150 Posts
The last Wicked Wemo combo has been sold! I have sold over 600 combos over the past few years. I hope everyone is still happy with them. Sadly I have been unable to get more microfans now for many months so it seems we are at the end of the road for this product line. I do have a few Wicked 6000 motors on sale on my website and they have been reduced to $20 each so grab them while they are still available.

Thanks!

Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 05, 2014, 10:02 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
5,558 Posts
Thanks for all the Wemo combos and other products over the years Don! They were a ton of a fun and I still have many . Your service is great and your products are great, and you are a damn stud with the dynamic balancing. LOL

Here is an idea that you may (or may not ) be interested in. There are many 80mm jets being released on the market (some are already released), and there really isn't a low to mid priced EDF aftermarket to supply that size. Honestly, the 80mm EDF options are a Jetfan, Tamjets, or a stock Habu 32 (Delta V) EDF. The first two options are priced high especially with the carbon fiber housing, but are great quality, and then their is the cheaper Delta V.

So, it would be nice to see an offering of a more affordable 80mm EDF and motor solution that has some real kick behind it. A high powered (hot) 80mm 6S or a medium-hot 8S 80mm wicked setup would be sweet to have. I know many people that are buying all these 80mm Freewing jets are looking for high powered setups, but at a lower price point than current offerings.
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT