HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:09 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,066 Posts
blank
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Last edited by acesimmer; Jan 18, 2013 at 02:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:14 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
Have you switched sensors in the current telemetry screen settings. You need to tell it you are using the C200 sensor...
Wow! Did not know that. Just switched it in the menu so should work tomorrow when I go fly. Thanks much......
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:26 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschbarber View Post
I agree with you, however, it is interesting that when JR introduced it's new XG line of radios, with DMSS, they did not offer Backward Compatibility with DXMS/DSM2.
That was a clear, specific and intentional break from Spektrum. I imagine spektrum was killing their receiver business and Spektrum now spans the full range of radios relegting JR to an also ran using their RF.

Also, of all the RF systems, Spektrum has probably taken the most flack for reliability. Weather deserved or not is not at issue here. But I think JR's high end business was being hurt by this.

Likewise JR has been pretty much pushed out of the entry level radio business. Going to DMSS you now see an entry level 6 channel JR radio with a LOT of features that far exceed the DX6i but at a comparable price and telemetry is built in.

I think it was a smart move for JR to come up with their line and break from Spektrum. One downside is that they cut themselves off from the BnF market. Maybe they have a plan for that in the future. Or maybe Horizon will come up with an "AnyLink" type product so that more people can fly their BnF planes.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Last edited by aeajr; Jan 18, 2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:36 PM
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2005
781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
I just did the update in high hopes of the unconnected sensors being muted in default mode(
You do know that you can program the voice module to only report the sensors that you want, right? (with the big down side that it is not model specific, so if different models have different sensors, then you would have to reprogram the voice module between flying different models.)
balesse is online now Find More Posts by balesse
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:26 PM
Joined Nov 2008
45 Posts
Aurora DSM Module

I ordered a module from Hammer22 in order to fly EFlite and Parkzone indoor DSM airplanes with my Aurora 9. I found the information here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1755578

I've had the opportunity to fly my EFlite Extra 3D since receiving the module. The airplane bound easily and I flew 8 batteries worth of flights. Everything worked perfectly. I was able to use the Aurora to program triple rates.

Hammer22 received my order and shipped it promptly. There was great communication using the PM function of RCGroups. I appreciate learning about it on this forum. I really like my Aurora 9 and appreciate that now I can fly DSM airplanes with it.

Mervin Friesen
Friesen 5 is offline Find More Posts by Friesen 5
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:29 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friesen 5 View Post
I ordered a module from Hammer22 in order to fly EFlite and Parkzone indoor DSM airplanes with my Aurora 9. I found the information here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1755578

I've had the opportunity to fly my EFlite Extra 3D since receiving the module. The airplane bound easily and I flew 8 batteries worth of flights. Everything worked perfectly. I was able to use the Aurora to program triple rates.

Hammer22 received my order and shipped it promptly. There was great communication using the PM function of RCGroups. I appreciate learning about it on this forum. I really like my Aurora 9 and appreciate that now I can fly DSM airplanes with it.

Mervin Friesen
I got one too and have been using it with my Nano CPX. It's awesome to have the A9 for flying my big stuff and i just switch the module and can fly all the micros. I do have to rebind it now and then but i've heard that is an issue with the Nano not the module(people with Spektrum TXs have to rebind once in a while too)

Overall it was a good purchase for me.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:58 PM
Yes, "that" Karl...
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Mar 2007
1,680 Posts
I wrote up a quick guide for setting up a BNF micro heli on the A9 using this module. I hope it can answer some questions that people have about the setup.

http://tinyurl.com/A9BNFguide

I'll also will be going over these findings on an upcoming episode of the CrashCast.

Feel free to comment on the doc if there's some changes that could be made to make it more clear.
karl k is offline Find More Posts by karl k
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:48 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balesse View Post
You do know that you can program the voice module to only report the sensors that you want, right? (with the big down side that it is not model specific, so if different models have different sensors, then you would have to reprogram the voice module between flying different models.)
Yes I know that you can do a custom set up, BUT on any one day, I might fly up to six different models with different telemetry set ups, so its all or nothing so to speak.
What is so annoying is, that this is such a easy fix to do and still a year later its not been done.
Any unconnected sensor gives a default reading so just write the routine into firmware that is,

"is that default value in the telemetry string - if yes don't speak it"

Anyway it wont be a problem soon, I'm jumping ship to Jeti or Graupner, both have a far better telemetry set up's now.

Reading the post above I did not realize that JR now also have telemetry, so may have to go and compare their set up as well.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Last edited by VideoKing; Jan 19, 2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:00 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
960 Posts
Great deal for an Aurora 9 in the UK: http://www.airtekhobbies.com/aurora9.html

200 ($320) for a A9 with Optima 7 Rx
220 ($350) for a A9 with Optima 9 Rx

I think I paid around 280 ($445) for my A9 with an Optima 9, year before last.

I wouldn't be surprised if these sort of offers won't continue until the new A9 comes out and replaces it.

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:49 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,647 Posts
http://www.servocity.com/html/aurora_9_systems.html this place has the A9 for only $290 without any receiver.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Last edited by 3Daddict; Jan 19, 2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:55 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict View Post
http://www.servocity.com/html/aurora_9_systems.html this place has the A9 for only $290 with a optima 7 or 9.
They're $290 without a receiver. With a Optima 7 servo city goes up to $350.

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:01 PM
most exalted one
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Aug 2002
3,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post

Si.
Correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and have been for awhile. Not enough of a deal!
$313 Cdn........199GBP but SHIPPING!
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:05 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
ohio
Joined Oct 2010
4,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post

Si.
OK, sorry about that I must not have read it correctly.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:02 PM
Portugal, Porto
Joined Sep 2009
20 Posts
Regarding the bnf models, I've seen the spektrum DM8 mod but since this is hard to find these days, can anyone confirm if the "OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 2.4GHz Module (Futaba Compatible)", after modded like the DM8 will work? Thanks!
SPJM is offline Find More Posts by SPJM
Last edited by SPJM; Jan 19, 2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:29 AM
most exalted one
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Aug 2002
3,567 Posts
DM8 readily available at esprit models all alone or with rx and probably many other places. The HK module may be a bit different because I think it handles different voltage input(wider range??) iirc.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60