SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 31, 2013, 02:37 PM
United States, NC, Harrisburg
Joined Mar 1999
1,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagomon View Post
wear the negative with pride for doing what is right. I have a negative that was retaliatory it was expected but those who check out feedback see it for what it is and ignore it.If more did the same think there would be less problems with some sellers as no one would be buying from them.
Yes, definitely wear it with pride. A negative (or a few) from a person with many transactions is almost inevitable. When I see them on a potential trader, I usually investigate the who's and why's. It's usually easy to figure out the issues.

Not leaving a deserved negative leaves everyone else open to problems.

Sometimes when a guy gets a couple of negatives, he figures out that he is going to need to step up his game in order to sell here.
Hammer is online now Find More Posts by Hammer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2014, 07:31 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,720 Posts
I Feel for ya SRM.....I was involved in an episode with a Negative left as well...Its a Bum deal all round for shore...Its taken some time for me to realize that if I ever have another issue....I will leave a Negative ...and KNOW I took it for the Members of the club....I was left a retaliatory Negative...and the Administration saw it that way because of his remarks....and took mine away....I try really hard to make EVERY transaction with the Members here a Breeze...and highly prize my Rating...If you haven't..you might try for an Appeal...I'm Sorry for your ordeal....

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Jan 02, 2014, 07:47 PM
SRM
Ontario, CANADA
Joined Dec 2000
272 Posts
I opened this thread in the Classified section but for some unexplained reason it's since been moved to the Site Chat section. Why?

This thread is about my miserable experience with a commercial seller posting knock-offs as genuine on the Classified.

SRM is online now Find More Posts by SRM
Old Jan 02, 2014, 08:03 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
It was moved as it was more of a complaint about this sites feedback policy, rather than the person you buy it from. And here, there is no real distinction between private or commercial sellers. A seller is a seller and should treat the buyer the same way. And they should also fully describe the items they sell, and if they are clones or not. Oh...and have the item in their hands before selling it.

I remember a lengthy thread a year or two back from a member who was selling stuff that he didn't have yet...in fact he was making deals for things here, even using the other person pictures. Oh, at a mark-up too. He didn't seem to think there was any problem with it. Caused quite a Storm from what I recall.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 03, 2014, 08:01 AM
SRM
Ontario, CANADA
Joined Dec 2000
272 Posts
In the end I paid Mtrchs $20 only to receive negative feedback and will forever have to live with a scared reputation. Still a flawed system in my view.
Old Jan 04, 2014, 07:49 AM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Jan 2013
1,139 Posts
This is the Admin's Job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot in MO View Post
SRM,
I feel your pain, I bought a "Pristine" Align 450 pro a few years ago that turned out to be junk. I posted a warning thread complete with photos and left the seller his well deserved negative rating. He did not care much for being exposed and tried to turn the whole thing around and also left a neg.

At first I felt like it was so obvious that Admin would remove the neg. but all he did was ignore me. I will say that I don't think the neg hurt my reputation among the good members, I have completed more than a 100 transactions since, so it would appear that having less than 100% is not the kiss of death.

It did teach me to be much more careful and doing more research before trading with someone new (that includes when I am seller). If you can get your unjust rating removed, that would be awesome but after trying I gave up and moved on. The rating system is not perfect (and I believe that RCG would change the system if it increased their profits). We can either use it "as is" or trade elsewhere. Good Luck
I have not read all the posts here, but have read enough to know that the ADMIN. is not doing their job. I think the NEG feedback rating should have been immediately removed from SRM's history.

Furthermore, I think that all future posts to the Classifies should be blocked for the user causing these issues. If this type of thing is not kept in check (by the Admin.) it can have an affect on the whole Classifieds system. Trust is a necessary component when making an InterNet purchase and it's the job of the site hosting the transaction to make sure nothing happens to break that trust.

IMHO this issue really needs to be addressed in a more pro-active manner by the ADMINs' of this forum.

HD
hoggdoc is offline Find More Posts by hoggdoc
Old Jan 04, 2014, 07:52 AM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Jan 2013
1,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM View Post
In the end I paid Mtrchs $20 only to receive negative feedback and will forever have to live with a scared reputation. Still a flawed system in my view.
Did PayPal reverse the transaction? I have had really good luck the few times I have involved them in a bad transaction. You do have to follow up with them to make sure things don't fall through the cracks.

HD
hoggdoc is offline Find More Posts by hoggdoc
Old Jan 04, 2014, 08:23 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoggdoc View Post
I have not read all the posts here, but have read enough to know that the ADMIN. is not doing their job. I think the NEG feedback rating should have been immediately removed from SRM's history.

Furthermore, I think that all future posts to the Classifies should be blocked for the user causing these issues. If this type of thing is not kept in check (by the Admin.) it can have an affect on the whole Classifieds system. Trust is a necessary component when making an InterNet purchase and it's the job of the site hosting the transaction to make sure nothing happens to break that trust.

IMHO this issue really needs to be addressed in a more pro-active manner by the ADMINs' of this forum.

HD
The site's not set up that way, and keep in mind it's FREE. The more involvement that is needed, the more fees will be needed. Want more oversight, get the wallet out. See Ebay for example. And how did that work out for sellers now...they can only leave positive feedback.

There is no such thing as a perfect feedback system, it doesn't exist.
Old Jan 04, 2014, 09:08 PM
SRM
Ontario, CANADA
Joined Dec 2000
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoggdoc View Post
Did PayPal reverse the transaction? I have had really good luck the few times I have involved them in a bad transaction. You do have to follow up with them to make sure things don't fall through the cracks.

HD
I had completely forgotten that I had bought the connectors and it was only after I read a post from another member having an issue with this seller that I realized I never got my parts. By then it was too late for me to put in a claim with PP.
Old Jan 04, 2014, 09:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
PP is the first line of defense....if you used a credit card to back your purchase,that's the next step. ALWAYS use CC, you get two bites at the apple!
Old Jan 08, 2014, 12:02 PM
United States, NJ, Mt Holly
Joined Mar 2006
7 Posts
Will someone please tell me how I can leave ( positive) feedback for a seller. I can find my feedbacks OK but I can't find how to leave feedback. Thanks for your help.
fcabarle is offline Find More Posts by fcabarle
Old Jan 08, 2014, 05:09 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,445 Posts
Here is a thread with instructions on how to leave feedback.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator