SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:17 AM
James not bond
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
Discussion
good AV > USB(PC) adapter?

i'm going to use my laptop and APM as ground station.

the biggest problem i encounter is how to get the video signal from vRx to laptop. there are quite a lot options around.. cheap & expensive. only for FPV.. i guess 100bucks+ of hi-def solution is useless.. but looking at those products.... I got no idea how good they can be. losing signal (between vtx and laptop) will be disaster for fpv....

so i wonder if there is any people around using av> usb adapter/capture device that is reliable and relatively economical?

thanks
J
jy0933 is offline Find More Posts by jy0933
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:14 AM
United States, FL, Marco Island
Joined Jan 2007
661 Posts
i use a easy cap but have a lot of sync problems. The frames scroll left to right, Kinda weird if I tilt camera down it usually stops so it must be some type of output changes from light levels. I tried resistors in line seems to help but not enough. Been very frustrating Just bought a Japan DVR from RMRC it was that or the AV 25 but took the buy cheap but twice advise.

1/3 ccd sony HK $16 cam
RVOSD
HP dv7 i7
picard10th is offline Find More Posts by picard10th