HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:47 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
DON'T TOSS THOSE BOARDS YET! My hunch is playing out, I have managed to perform CPR on my dead board, but I still need to actually check full functionality. I will reach out to a few people for testing, don't PM me, I'll post here if it works for others.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:46 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by er9xuser View Post
I have ACCz value around 720 but still works.
Yep: -

GyroLowLimit = 500
GyroHighLimit = 630

AccLowLimit = 450
AccHighLimit = 850
Steveis is offline Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:47 AM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
DON'T TOSS THOSE BOARDS YET! My hunch is playing out, I have managed to perform CPR on my dead board, but I still need to actually check full functionality. I will reach out to a few people for testing, don't PM me, I'll post here if it works for others.
I hear you...
teopbako is offline Find More Posts by teopbako
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:49 AM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer291113 View Post
Very nice Tech - looks like Naza is the way to go!
If you have the $$ to spend. Naza with GPS will set ya back about $400.00
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:52 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
Try switching M1 and M2 connections on the board over, see if problem moves to M2.

If moves to M2 it is probably ESC, if stays on M1 it is something to do with KK2.

If there are standard unflashed ESC's, have you programmed them all the same using a program card or the Tx, ensure they all set same ie brake off, NiMh battery, normal start, low cut off, High timing. etc

They normally come with default programming but not always, I had one that was not using supposed default but i always program individually prior to use with relevant card programmer (multiple beeps using Tx and Rx just gets confusing).
Thanks Del and Fred for your inputs, appreciated. I calibrated them again (all three ESC's together) with the two button method from the board. Swapped over M1 and M2, but bizzarely the same motor (M1) is still not revving up or down when moving the frame in the rolling axis.
So, I tried a V 1.2 reflash, again no change.
Next step, get my first board out again, just to be sure, reflashed the board, v 1.2 again, set to tricopter mode, successful ESC and sensor calibration, but again, the same problems! When running from both boards, the same problem, but both boards, when manually applying aileron deflections with the stick, aileron works as it should (both M1 & M2 throttle up and down as they should..)

Running out of ideas now, can't surely be both boards, but if it is a dodgy ESC, then how does this happen

Ideas please?

Matt

EDIT: I kept the stock PI etc values after flashing both boards, as I figured there can be no mistake. Just completely lost on this now..
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Last edited by Matt Halton; Oct 11, 2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:57 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
If you have the $$ to spend. Naza with GPS will set ya back about $400.00
And it's worth every cent of it
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:01 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Ok, my problem is the clock. Bad part, one too many hard knocks ( likely ) , who knows... but it's not functioning properly anymore.

Using avrdude I can resuscitate the board and play with all the menu's, but people who know more than I are telling me that the PWM timing will be hosed by this so it's not flight worthy. I will try resoldering or replacing the items, but at least I can point to a specific part that is failing now.

If you have a board that is malfunctioning you can see if the crystal is the culprit by using the following command. ( at least for my mac, other operating systems may be different )

./avrdude -C ./avrdude.conf -c usbasp -p m324pa -U lfuse:w:0xc2:m -F

and switch back to external crystal with

./avrdude -C ./avrdude.conf -c usbasp -p m324pa -U lfuse:w:0xd7:m -F

remember that this is for debugging only and the boards are not flight worthy with these settings.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:03 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
Thanks Del and Fred for your inputs, appreciated. I calibrated them again (all three ESC's together) with the two button method from the board. Swapped over M1 and M2, but bizzarely the same motor (M1) is still not revving up or down when moving the frame in the rolling axis.
Plug M1 into the throttle channel of your Rx and test it outside of a FC?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:04 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup View Post
Hi since my post below I have been trying to calibrate the ESC now the screen has gone blank still lit up but that is it

The board now does not make any sound when the button are pushed

I have tried the reset in Q#12 is there another way to reset the board ?

I am very disspointed in this board can anyone offer advice on how to get the screen back

hi all I need some advice my esc on my quad will not arm they just keep beeping about three times a second the if i then press menu on the kk2 the beeping slows to about once a second the rx led flashes rapidly I have re bound the rx several times I expect this is something simple

dx61
18 amp hk ss esc

Jeff
Did you do a Rx test and make sure values go from 0 at center stick to 100 at full stick, apart from Throttle which is 0 low to 100 high, adjust sub trim and endpoints to get right values.

Not arming is usually down to not getting the right signal for low throttle and full right rudder.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:08 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Would be great if I could breath life into a NEW kk2 the screen is alight but thats it

Bl@@@y rubbish
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Last edited by Upup; Oct 11, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:13 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Sounds weired Matt, if you switched over M1 and M2 connections at the KK2 end and then motor 2 now connected to M1 plug is playing up, it would indicate the KK2, you swapped that and still getting same issue, very strange.

I would disconnect everything then as Brontide suggested check each motor/ESC combination directly to throttle channel of the Rx.

Do the factory reset on the KK2's and reflash with nothing connected to them.

Reconnect everything making sure connected right and try again.

Did you check the ESC programming (not calibration) as I mentioned in my post to ensure they are all set the same.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:21 AM
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
Did you do a Rx test and make sure values go from 0 at center stick to 100 at full stick, apart from Throttle which is 0 low to 100 high, adjust sub trim and endpoints to get right values.

Not arming is usually down to not getting the right signal for low throttle and full right rudder.
Hi Del

Yes Throttle was showing 0 in the KK2 screen its not that it wasnt arming that the props should be spinning ( wish I had got that far) the ESC just kept rapidly beeping on connection of the lipo the rx flashed rapidly also
Then when I pressed the menu button the beeping slowed to about once a second
I calibrated the esc from the rx but when I tried to calibrate from the KK, two buttons pushed method, it showed "calibrating" then the screen went blank ( still lit) ,and the beeping stopped
Its dead in the water ATM no sounds when I press the buttons I have tried the 36 button push to reset but nothing

I cant find any other way to "reset" ........anyone?

Jeff
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:25 AM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
And it's worth every cent of it
We all have our toys Enjoy it!
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:55 AM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Oct 2010
2,252 Posts
Vtail

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
My self level settings:
P Gain= 40
P limit= 20
ACC Trim Roll = 0
ACC Trim Pitch = 0

Height dampening = 0
Height D. Limit = 30

My VTail weighs ~700g (or 1.54 lbs) without battery.
Thanks !
Looks like all that settings are on default.

Yours is lighter than mine of like 1.18 lbs....mine is with lipo on it.
CO2X2010 is offline Find More Posts by CO2X2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Co2x tesla one
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:59 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upup View Post
Hi Del

Yes Throttle was showing 0 in the KK2 screen its not that it wasnt arming that the props should be spinning ( wish I had got that far) the ESC just kept rapidly beeping on connection of the lipo the rx flashed rapidly also
Then when I pressed the menu button the beeping slowed to about once a second
I calibrated the esc from the rx but when I tried to calibrate from the KK, two buttons pushed method, it showed "calibrating" then the screen went blank ( still lit) ,and the beeping stopped
Its dead in the water ATM no sounds when I press the buttons I have tried the 36 button push to reset but nothing

I cant find any other way to "reset" ........anyone?

Jeff
What kind of radio are you using
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Last edited by tech69x; Oct 11, 2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Info