Closed Thread
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:25 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post
Not with color but with the lens correction or post stab.. Almost a jello but not really.. Just wonky
not seeing the jello, just in beginning when he bangs it. super wide angles always have a wrap on edges whether fisheye or not. He is panning back and forth way to fast, that will cause waves because cmos can't hang with it. we are looking at what a 4-7mm length here? I'm doing another with cropped image, more pushed in and a more standard cc.

** ahh, I see the bubbles from the stab. easily fixable.** Anyway, this just show how well the image stays sharp throughout the whole process. more sharp than an nex5n and rx100, hands down. a much more flexible platform for sure. put a system together like this with an apsc size sensor in a small point and shoot body with detachable lens. you have a winner, for sure.

**update** Got rid of the IS warps. I also played with some different cinematic looks. Looking better. got my go pro in the mail today. will play tomorrow.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1773414

FYI GH2 will be on sale for 500 bucks on black friday at amazon.
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Last edited by Wingbreaker; Nov 19, 2012 at 06:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:45 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
839 Posts
Setting up the AG600. In the picture below. The main tube is long enough that the Cross Bar could be move to were the red arrow is. This would center the Sony Nex 5 between the legs more. Should I leave it as it is in the picture & cut the tube shorter or move the Cross Bar to were the Red Arrow is?
gww528 is offline Find More Posts by gww528
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:57 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
you can move it if you want. I left it long enough for other products on purpose, so if you want to save bit of weight, cut the tube down. or move the bar. .
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:06 PM
Athens, Greece
Joined Sep 2001
1,127 Posts
When is the shrimp going to be available?
tigar is offline Find More Posts by tigar
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:38 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigar View Post
When is the shrimp going to be available?
I'm trying to get it on the site today, but unfortunately with the holiday season here, my time is not my own these days.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined Mar 2008
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
Setting up the AG600. In the picture below. The main tube is long enough that the Cross Bar could be move to were the red arrow is. This would center the Sony Nex 5 between the legs more. Should I leave it as it is in the picture & cut the tube shorter or move the Cross Bar to were the Red Arrow is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
you can move it if you want. I left it long enough for other products on purpose, so if you want to save bit of weight, cut the tube down. or move the bar. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by askman View Post
Thanks I think I was looking for a more definitive answer. Since you guys are the designers & have more experience with your experimenting. This is being installed on a F550. To be more specific... how should this be installed for the best balance. Per the instructions or move it forward. Thanks again. BTW nice design & build.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:32 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
Thanks I think I was looking for a more definitive answer. Since you guys are the designers & have more experience with your experimenting. This is being installed on a F550. To be more specific... how should this be installed for the best balance. Per the instructions or move it forward. Thanks again. BTW nice design & build.
I don't know if they can answer that for you because depending on the camera, accessories, battery placement, your CG could wildly vary. It's up to you to adjust the components to make sure the copter balances. But the ability to slide the gimbal forward or back on the tube gives you more adjustments that you can do to get the perfect CG. Get the copter and gimbal built and start experimenting. You can test your balance easily on a F550 by putting your fingers on the landing skids on the end of the arms and see how well it balances.

I have no idea how I'm going to try to balance the y-6 Lobster

One more thing, the ability to move the gimbal forward or back a bit will help center the camera if your using a longer lens like the NEX 5N kit lens vs a RX100 or Gopro.
Daloaf is offline Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Daloaf; Nov 20, 2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:05 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
I'm trying to get it on the site today, but unfortunately with the holiday season here, my time is not my own these days.

-- Gary
Shrimps are up.
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined Mar 2008
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf View Post
I don't know if they can answer that for you because depending on the camera, accessories, battery placement, your CG could wildly vary. It's up to you to adjust the components to make sure the copter balances. But the ability to slide the gimbal forward or back on the tube gives you more adjustments that you can do to get the perfect CG. Get the copter and gimbal built and start experimenting. You can test your balance easily on a F550 by putting your fingers on the landing skids on the end of the arms and see how well it balances.

I have no idea how I'm going to try to balance the y-6 Lobster

One more thing, the ability to move the gimbal forward or back a bit will help center the camera if your using a longer lens like the NEX 5N kit lens vs a RX100 or Gopro.
Those are all good points... it will be good to have the extra length of tubing.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:29 PM
Videopilot
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2009
2,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
Shrimps are up.
Sweet, looks good. So do the older model landing gears fit into this frame as well?
Derek_S is online now Find More Posts by Derek_S
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Iconic X
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:16 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,727 Posts
some more on the go pro saga

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post23320920

Gopro Hero 3 Black Test Drive V.2 High Res (0 min 53 sec)
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Last edited by Wingbreaker; Nov 20, 2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:42 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek_S View Post
Sweet, looks good. So do the older model landing gears fit into this frame as well?
LG built into the frame. not needed. save bit of weight as well.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:15 PM
Videopilot
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2009
2,748 Posts
Two more questions, does it include this piece pictured on the page?

(not the gimbal board, but the gimbal adapter). I ask for those of us that have a AG550, etc. Looks like with that piece you can bolt the old gimbal right up to it.

And secondly, the description states
Quote:
, the recommended SunnySky 2216 motors and a set of 10x4 (top) and 10x5 (bottom) Zinger wooden props, an all-up weight (AUW) of up to 9 pounds is possible
What KV are these recommended motors and on what voltage? If it helps, I am assuming 4s here for myself...
Derek_S is online now Find More Posts by Derek_S
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Iconic X
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:39 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
the frame does not include the tube IMS,which is part of the gimbal. but there is a hole in the frame where you can mount the v1.x isolation plate from the LG can be mounted. (I know this is the case for lobster, I do need to make sure for shrimp. it will for sure on the next run of shrimp if it isnot on the first batch) but yes, you could bolt the v1.x gimbal onto this tube as well (just drill a few holes onto the gimbal plate) it can be made available. hmm, may be a special version for v1.x owners.

2216 -800kv sunnysky. on 4S
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:28 AM
United States, OR, Keizer
Joined Jul 2012
453 Posts
Shrimp cocktail ordered earlier. Whoot!

Was I the first Gary?
Banana Furikake is online now Find More Posts by Banana Furikake
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread