SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:47 PM
Find More Posts by AeroMaestro
Smasher of foam
United States, OH, Stow
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Discussion
Would you recommend buying a combo DVR/Screen/Receiver?

I'm looking to upgrade my FPV setup. I'm currently flying with just my FatShark attitude V2 goggles and their built-in 5.8 receiver.
I'd like to add three things to my setup:
1. A 32 channel diversity receiver so I can start using patch and/or helical antennas, and also allow me to use non-immersion transmitters.
2. A screen so others can watch while I'm flying, and also for bench work.
3. A DVR.

I've been looking at the SkyZone 700D, which looks almost perfect for all three, BUT I think I've read that I can't use the video-out jack to my goggles and have the screen display and record all at the same time. (The screen goes black when using video-out, I've read.) So it's not quite what I'm after, although its price is so reasonable that it's less expensive than most diversity receivers alone.

Is there another device that would suit my needs better--Particularly being able to do all three things without lag? Or am I being silly for wanting to buy an all-in-one unit? I think it would cost me a bunch more (in money AND time) to buy three individual items, but they'd obviously be more upgradeable in the future as separates. What about this one from Lumenier?
AeroMaestro is offline Find More Posts by AeroMaestro
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2015, 07:27 AM
Find More Posts by covert
Australia, VIC, Carrum Downs
Joined Jun 2004
208 Posts
Don't get a Skyzone 700D. It's a purchase I wished I never made.
covert is online now Find More Posts by covert
Old May 25, 2015, 01:11 PM
Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
6,842 Posts
I use a foxtech all in one LCD unit. It works great up to a point. But it is real complicated tuning in the frequencies! I had it all working perfectly, then had to change freqs as I was getting interference from friends' IRC fpv. Now I can't bring in the new frequency I went to.

It was real compact and sweet for passengers, backup LCD and makign DVR recordings. However the resolution of the recordings was a bit worse than my old FPVJapanDVR.
BCSaltchucker is online now Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old May 25, 2015, 03:07 PM
Find More Posts by AeroMaestro
Smasher of foam
United States, OH, Stow
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Funny thing -- this thread didn't get a response for a month, so I'd moved on.
I ditched the idea of an all-in-one unit and bought a ReadyMadeRC FPV1000 DVR.

I've been very happy with the quality of the recordings it makes, and it doubles as a tiny screen for passengers. I'll add a diversity receiver soon, and may or may not bother to add a bigger screen later. I don't think I want to get myself tied down to a clunky, complicated field station. For now I just connect the video out from my goggles to the DVR and keep the DVR in my pocket.
AeroMaestro is offline Find More Posts by AeroMaestro
Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Find More Posts by kiosk
Joined Sep 2008
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by covert View Post
Don't get a Skyzone 700D. It's a purchase I wished I never made.
interesting...I was going to recommend this one because I have it and pretty happy with it....I like the all-in-one functions specifically the DVR....

what probs did you have?
kiosk is offline Find More Posts by kiosk
Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Find More Posts by Tim Green
Launch the drones ...
Ashtabula, OH USA
Joined May 1999
3,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroMaestro View Post
I'm looking to upgrade my FPV setup. I'm currently flying with just my FatShark attitude V2 goggles and their built-in 5.8 receiver.
I'd like to add three things to my setup:
1. A 32 channel diversity receiver so I can start using patch and/or helical antennas, and also allow me to use non-immersion transmitters.
2. A screen so others can watch while I'm flying, and also for bench work.
3. A DVR.

I've been looking at the SkyZone 700D, which looks almost perfect for all three, BUT I think I've read that I can't use the video-out jack to my goggles and have the screen display and record all at the same time. (The screen goes black when using video-out, I've read.) So it's not quite what I'm after, although its price is so reasonable that it's less expensive than most diversity receivers alone.

Is there another device that would suit my needs better--Particularly being able to do all three things without lag? Or am I being silly for wanting to buy an all-in-one unit? I think it would cost me a bunch more (in money AND time) to buy three individual items, but they'd obviously be more upgradeable in the future as separates. What about this one from Lumenier?
i have the Lumenier 5" LCD FPV dvr vRx combo. It is too dim. Don't know if the 7" you linked to suffers the same problem.
Tim Green is offline Find More Posts by Tim Green
Old Today, 02:51 AM
Find More Posts by immortals
Joined Apr 2015
74 Posts
How about this one? http://www.foxtechfpv.com/foxtech-rc...vr-p-1271.html
I bought 8" monitor from foxtech, it works well.
immortals is online now Find More Posts by immortals