Old Feb 08, 2011, 12:57 PM
Find More Posts by eyemdee
Oh no not another one
Mansfield, Nottinghamshire UK
Joined Jan 2011
275 Posts
Discussion
MJX T-34 Swift Helicopter

Does anyone have experience of this model as I am thinking of getting a larger helicopter than my 2 mini Syma's? The spec and videos look quite good and it looks like the battery can be unplugged and changed to extend flight time. Any good or bad points would be appreciated before I take the plunge!
eyemdee is offline Find More Posts by eyemdee
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2011, 03:37 PM
Find More Posts by overedline
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Dec 2006
532 Posts
I don't know what price you are looking at but I saw one online for about $170. I would rather go with a more popular, well-supported 4-channel coax of that size like the blade cx series helis. They even cost less.
overedline is offline Find More Posts by overedline
Old Feb 08, 2011, 05:10 PM
Oh no not another one
Joined Jan 2011
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overedline View Post
I don't know what price you are looking at but I saw one online for about $170. I would rather go with a more popular, well-supported 4-channel coax of that size like the blade cx series helis. They even cost less.
Ebay.co.uk have these for between UKP 45 and 50 shipped which seems pretty good for a 3 channel outdoor heli at almost 600mm long. The remote looks cool as well with more adjustments than most. I am just after feedback from anyone that has experience with it before I spend the money!
Old Feb 08, 2011, 07:44 PM
Find More Posts by overedline
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Dec 2006
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyemdee View Post
Ebay.co.uk have these for between UKP 45 and 50 shipped which seems pretty good for a 3 channel outdoor heli at almost 600mm long. The remote looks cool as well with more adjustments than most. I am just after feedback from anyone that has experience with it before I spend the money!
Well it seems that the item i saw is the same heli but it incorrectly says 4-5 channel category in their description thats why I thought it was a 4-channel. I didn't see the tailprop in the picture either. I can't believe they want $169 USD for that:

http://www.dhgate.com/mjx-t34-digita...51aa3259c.html
overedline is offline Find More Posts by overedline
Old Feb 09, 2011, 08:14 AM
Oh no not another one
Joined Jan 2011
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overedline View Post
Well it seems that the item i saw is the same heli but it incorrectly says 4-5 channel category in their description thats why I thought it was a 4-channel. I didn't see the tailprop in the picture either. I can't believe they want $169 USD for that:

http://www.dhgate.com/mjx-t34-digita...51aa3259c.html
That's the one all right. There are now so many people offering it for sale I am beginning to get suspicious of the widely varying prices!!
Old Feb 11, 2011, 07:38 AM
Find More Posts by Rodeown
Newcastle Area UK
Joined Jul 2010
66 Posts
I just purchased a T34 last week off ebay 45 delivered, seems really good not had it outside yet as weather has not been good enough but it can certainly carry the weight of my keychain camera no problem.

here is my first flight

T34 first flight RC co-axial Coptor (2 min 30 sec)
Rodeown is offline Find More Posts by Rodeown
Old Feb 12, 2011, 04:07 PM
Oh no not another one
Joined Jan 2011
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeown View Post
I just purchased a T34 last week off ebay 45 delivered, seems really good not had it outside yet as weather has not been good enough but it can certainly carry the weight of my keychain camera no problem.
I just read your post. Waiting for mine to arrive - 44 auction win incl delivery from the same seller?
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:06 PM View Post
dumu
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). Show it to me anyway.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:23 PM
Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeown View Post

here is my first flight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72cfIotL4L8
When I first saw the flybar, it had Walkera written all over it. After hearing the sound it makes, it is absolutely a Wlakera-based heli.

It sounds and flies like my Exceed Warhawk 300 M5 (Hughes Police) which is basically a Walkera 53Q3.

See if the hardware is the same?
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Feb 23, 2011, 05:14 PM
Oh no not another one
Joined Jan 2011
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
See if the hardware is the same?
No, not really. The T34 is a fixed pitch 3 channel heli with the main (lower) blades attached like all the other low cost Chinese products. Still good value at under GB 50 shipped for a "large" sized RC helicopter with a really cool LCD display on the radio TX.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 05:27 PM
Find More Posts by gordonzo
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
2,061 Posts
Just got my T-34. It kicks up a lot of wind, sounds like a small turbine when lifting off, hovers and flys effortlessly, but a little scary inside the house. The LCD display is cool but for now I am too busy piloting to dare look at the display. All settings are on factory default but you can adjust them up or down for faster or slower response.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Feb 25, 2011, 01:38 PM
Oh no not another one
Joined Jan 2011
275 Posts
I wouldn't dare fly it in the house so am waiting for a calm day to try it in the garden. Looks fairly well built and good value at the price of a mid-sized heli.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 05:50 PM
Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyemdee View Post
No, not really. The T34 is a fixed pitch 3 channel heli with the main (lower) blades attached like all the other low cost Chinese products. Still good value at under GB 50 shipped for a "large" sized RC helicopter with a really cool LCD display on the radio TX.
I wasn't putting it down, eyemdee! I love ALL of MJX's heli's.
It's just that the sound and set-up SEEM eerily similar to Walkera's H3Q3...maybe.

See if it has the two 180SH carbon brushed mains. I'd be willing to wager that it does!

In any case, those are powerful main motors and it's scary to fly them indoors! My Exceed Warhawk 300 M5 Police (Hughes 500) sounds identical.

Give a listen to this Walkera on YouTube and see if you agree?
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Mar 01, 2011, 09:48 PM
Find More Posts by gordonzo
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
See if it has the two 180SH carbon brushed mains. I'd be willing to wager that it does![/URL]
I am pretty sure the motors in my T-34 are 370's.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Mar 02, 2011, 06:42 AM
Oh no not another one
Joined Jan 2011
275 Posts
I don't know much about these motors but I cannot see any sort of visible markings on them. I do seem to recall in the spec somewhere that they were described as 370's.