Feb 16, 2013, 12:30 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
oh about a year and a half ago this is when i learned that radians do NOT exit power dives just fast forward to 2:09 or so, at this point the radian was looking pretty beat up, i had crashed it quite a few times already. This was the last time this one flew. Took me 10 minutes to find the camera.

Radian Crash (2 min 17 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2013, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilionalpha
nice video
how did you do the split screen thing. I have been thinking about trying to do that with two cameras on my RP as well.
Also what is the highest altitude that you have taken your RP too ?
Feb 16, 2013, 08:16 AM
Kit Manufacturer
What software did you use to do the picture in picture?
Feb 16, 2013, 09:21 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr
nice video
how did you do the split screen thing. I have been thinking about trying to do that with two cameras on my RP as well.
Also what is the highest altitude that you have taken your RP too ?
Sorry guys, I posted my vid in the wrong section. I'm flying the Parkzone Radian, not the Pro and the highest altitude that I've been with the Radian, is 3,101 feet AGL during a lightening storm. I've got video of my other high altitude non-fpv flights in the Radian section and on youtube. The software I use to edit my vids,is called, Movie Magix Pro.
Feb 16, 2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddruck
By the way I hate pushers, the way they push the nose down when you give it power, bad for the video. This puller configuration pulls straight no matter what power you give it and quieter. I think it is about 6 deg up from level.You can always fine adjust with washers.
Nice job. You apparently have the motor mount angle dialed in correctly but there is no difference between pushers and pullers with regard to the affect of a pod mount on the plan's pitch. If mounted horizontally both apply a pitch-down moment because they are pushing or pulling on an arm extending up from the center of mass. Ideally the thrust vector would pass through the center of mass. The farther ahead or behind the center of mass the motor is the easier it is to achieve that but the ideal is often often not possible in any pod mount.
Last edited by kaptondave; Feb 16, 2013 at 05:18 PM.
Feb 16, 2013, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Sorry guys, I posted my vid in the wrong section. I'm flying the Parkzone Radian, not the Pro and the highest altitude that I've been with the Radian, is 3,101 feet AGL during a lightening storm. I've got video of my other high altitude non-fpv flights in the Radian section and on youtube. The software I use to edit my vids,is called, Movie Magix Pro.
Thanks Max. I will check that one out. I suspect that in my Adobe Premiere or on my iMovie on my Macbook Pro that I will find that capability to do split screen
I will check out your other aeriel videos
Here is a link to mine

Aerial Video Ohlone College 02/03/2013 (12 min 16 sec)

aerial video San Mateo Bridge mashland 01 27 2103 (10 min 18 sec)
Feb 16, 2013, 06:30 PM
Max that is quite a collection of aeriel videos you have there. I will have to take the time to go through them and look at them.
Very Cool.
I subscribed to your channel on youtube.

:-) well done
Feb 16, 2013, 06:42 PM
Closed Account
You're welcomed, foamyyflyerr! What type of camera are you using?
Feb 16, 2013, 06:44 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Max that is quite a collection of aeriel videos you have there. I will have to take the time to go through them and look at them.
Very Cool.
I subscribed to your channel on youtube.

:-) well done
Thank you and thanks for subscribing to my channel! Yeah, sometimes I get hooked on posting almost every flight that I make. , tomorrow, will be another vid post, if the weather permits.
Feb 16, 2013, 08:52 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Thanks Max. I will check that one out. I suspect that in my Adobe Premiere or on my iMovie on my Macbook Pro that I will find that capability to do split screen
I will check out your other aeriel videos
I have read there are ways to do picture in picture on iMovie but I haven't managed it yet
Feb 16, 2013, 08:56 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman
I have read there are ways to do picture in picture on iMovie but I haven't managed it yet
Picture in Picture in iMovie '09 (2 min 0 sec)
Feb 16, 2013, 09:09 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Hey guys which motor on here would be an upgrade or just as good but lighter?
http://www.espritmodel.com/mvvs-sail...ss-motors.aspx
Feb 16, 2013, 09:28 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix
oh about a year and a half ago this is when i learned that radians do NOT exit power dives just fast forward to 2:09 or so, at this point the radian was looking pretty beat up, i had crashed it quite a few times already. This was the last time this one flew. Took me 10 minutes to find the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJz21Yb3Kp0
That was funny! An old flying buddy of mine, that I used to fly with crashed his so many times and repaired it just as much, that we started calling it, frankenradian. lol, but as far as power dives, go, I've done quite a few and managed to pull out of them.
Feb 16, 2013, 09:38 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Quote:
That was funny! An old flying buddy of mine, that I used to fly with crashed his so many times and repaired it just as much, that we started calling it, frankenradian. lol, but as far as power dives, go, I've done quite a few and managed to pull out of them.
it's quite possible mine decided to commit suicide after all the abuse i put it through i've gone through 3 fuselages and 2 wings already... it was my best learner plane... ** sniff **
Feb 16, 2013, 09:42 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix
it's quite possible mine decided to commit suicide after all the abuse i put it through i've gone through 3 fuselages and 2 wings already... it was my best learner plane... ** sniff **
I feel your pain, there. I've gone through 2 fuselages and the 3rd one I gave to my flying buddy, because I decided that it was cheaper to do a good repair job, than to keep buying fuselages. ) Still have the same wings from when I first bought my plane 2 years ago.

Quick Reply