Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 06, 2014, 02:59 AM
China, Hubei, Wuhan
Joined Jul 2013
109 Posts
Discussion
What's next new from Dancing Wings Hobby ?

Pilots,now we are writing to hear your voice for design a new plane.

Let us make a poll for following questions first,then our engineer will consider to adopt your advice.

1.What's the most favorite in current product line in your eyes?

2.Which material you like most for making airplane?

3.What are the most important features you want for airplane?Unbreakable? Cheap?Stable?.......

4.Do you like airplane is made in unique design or normal design?

5.What kind of airplane do you want us to make? Pls give several idea or advice for our reference.

Here i list all our current airplanes.

We will choose one among all the people answers here,and consider to supply any airplane for free as reward.

He or she can get a sample desired and test,any feedback or video for it is necessary.
DW Hobby is online now Find More Posts by DW Hobby
Last edited by DW Hobby; Jun 06, 2014 at 03:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2014, 04:14 AM
Joined Sep 2005
302 Posts
Eagle really looks great !

Looking forward to more innovations....
ELERC is offline Find More Posts by ELERC
Old Jun 06, 2014, 06:37 PM
El Cajon, CA
Joined May 2007
288 Posts
OK, I am throwing my hat in the ring for a 24-30 inch ws, epp biplane. Reasonably priced, made of 6-10 mm epp depending on size, with decent hardware. The last thing I wanna see is another MX, Edge, Slick, Yak, Extra, Sbach, or SU.
dynodude is offline Find More Posts by dynodude
Old Jun 06, 2014, 08:38 PM
United States, IN, Danville
Joined Mar 2007
366 Posts
dw

i wish someone would do some oldies but goodies cap 232 giles 200 turbo raven ect...
corsair214 is offline Find More Posts by corsair214
Old Jun 08, 2014, 08:47 PM
China, Hubei, Wuhan
Joined Jul 2013
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynodude View Post
OK, I am throwing my hat in the ring for a 24-30 inch ws, epp biplane. Reasonably priced, made of 6-10 mm epp depending on size, with decent hardware. The last thing I wanna see is another MX, Edge, Slick, Yak, Extra, Sbach, or SU.
Thanks for your suggestion.

I will collect and report to engineer.
Old Jun 09, 2014, 02:02 AM
China, Hubei, Wuhan
Joined Jul 2013
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair214 View Post
i wish someone would do some oldies but goodies cap 232 giles 200 turbo raven ect...
Could you specify your meaning?

Sorry i am not clearly understand what did you say.

Are you talking about a jet plane?
Old Jun 09, 2014, 07:15 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,880 Posts
Having flown both the 39" Shining and the 39" Sbach, I find that the Shining suits my flying style more than the Sbach, but the Sbach is a good plane too. The Shining gets my vote.

EPP with carbon fiber reinforcement.

3.What are the most important features you want for airplane?Unbreakable? Cheap?Stable?.......
I hardly ever crash, so I like cheap planes that fly well when flown aggressively.

I consider the flight performance to be the most important thing, so whatever achieves that goal is OK with me.

5.What kind of airplane do you want us to make? Pls give several idea or advice for our reference.
I would like to see another 20mm EPP plane that builds on the experience you have learnt from manufacturing the 39" Shining and Sbach. The new plane would introduce new design features that could then be used on improved versions of the Shining and Sbach. The new plane would be a 3D plane and could be based on an Edge, MXS or Corvus Racer. The elevator would be larger than on the Shining and Sbach.
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Jun 10, 2014, 04:04 AM
IMK
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2005
181 Posts
The Shining.

As per above (EPP with CF reinforcement)

Flight performance is very important. By this I mean that it is stable in harrier, yet snaps/tumbles well. I also like my planes to have excellent knife edge with little or no coupling. Visibility is also important. Durability is nice to have as it makes learning new manoeuvres more fun and relaxing. One thing you could consider is to make sure that the fuselage CF rods connect to the ply motor mount firewall like the Telink planes. This makes for a durable front end assembly. I also like bright colours schemes, especially when flying in dull grey skies during winter.

I prefer traditional designs (e.g. Edge, Extra, Laser, Yak etc) that have been changed to make sure they fly 3D well. In most cases I prefer the fuselage to have lots of side area so that the plane feels balanced whether its upright/inverted or in knife edge. If a plane requires too much rudder to hold knife edge it makes rolling manoeuvres such as rolling circles and rolling loops more difficult. Sometimes an original colour scheme can make one of the traditional designs stand out from the crowd.

I'd like to see a 44" wing span Shining designed for 1500 to 1800 mAh batteries. The 44" size is still very portable and can be flown in a very small area, but handles the wind slightly better than the 39" size. An all up flying weight of around 24 oz to 27oz would be great. I find myself flying the 44'' size more than the 39"size.
IMK is online now Find More Posts by IMK
Last edited by IMK; Jun 10, 2014 at 06:59 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 03:01 AM
China, Hubei, Wuhan
Joined Jul 2013
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMK View Post
The Shining.

As per above (EPP with CF reinforcement)

Flight performance is very important. By this I mean that it is stable in harrier, yet snaps/tumbles well. I also like my planes to have excellent knife edge with little or no coupling. Visibility is also important. Durability is nice to have as it makes learning new manoeuvres more fun and relaxing. One thing you could consider is to make sure that the fuselage CF rods connect to the ply motor mount firewall like the Telink planes. This makes for a durable front end assembly. I also like bright colours schemes, especially when flying in dull grey skies during winter.

I prefer traditional designs (e.g. Edge, Extra, Laser, Yak etc) that have been changed to make sure they fly 3D well. In most cases I prefer the fuselage to have lots of side area so that the plane feels balanced whether its upright/inverted or in knife edge. If a plane requires too much rudder to hold knife edge it makes rolling manoeuvres such as rolling circles and rolling loops more difficult. Sometimes an original colour scheme can make one of the traditional designs stand out from the crowd.

I'd like to see a 44" wing span Shining designed for 1500 to 1800 mAh batteries. The 44" size is still very portable and can be flown in a very small area, but handles the wind slightly better than the 39" size. An all up flying weight of around 24 oz to 27oz would be great. I find myself flying the 44'' size more than the 39"size.
Thanks for answering my questions one by one.

They are good and helpful.

Will consider to add you to the sample list.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 03:02 AM
China, Hubei, Wuhan
Joined Jul 2013
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
Having flown both the 39" Shining and the 39" Sbach, I find that the Shining suits my flying style more than the Sbach, but the Sbach is a good plane too. The Shining gets my vote.

EPP with carbon fiber reinforcement.

I hardly ever crash, so I like cheap planes that fly well when flown aggressively.

I consider the flight performance to be the most important thing, so whatever achieves that goal is OK with me.

I would like to see another 20mm EPP plane that builds on the experience you have learnt from manufacturing the 39" Shining and Sbach. The new plane would introduce new design features that could then be used on improved versions of the Shining and Sbach. The new plane would be a 3D plane and could be based on an Edge, MXS or Corvus Racer. The elevator would be larger than on the Shining and Sbach.
Thanks for anticipating!

I like your suggestion and will report to engineer for considering for next design.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 03:14 AM
China, Hubei, Wuhan
Joined Jul 2013
109 Posts
We prefer to make airplane mainly in EPP EPO DEPRON material;and our merits for skills are mold-making ;CNC cutting plates;3D Printing.

Now we are considering to make less 3d plane,maybe will incline to make scale airplane such as EPP EAGLE we have now;or the other new design or style.

Based on this point,will you continue to give some suggestion?
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:52 PM
China, Hubei, Wuhan
Joined Jul 2013
109 Posts
How about making a Bi-plane made of EPP ?

Do you have any good idea about it?

Or do you think it's potential in your local market? Maybe we need a market analysis.

Anyway,we want to hear your voice to guide .
Old Jun 17, 2014, 07:11 PM
Ex AmA mEMBEr
United States, CA, San Bernardino
Joined Feb 2010
745 Posts
@ DW,
[QUOTE]
"Now we are considering to make less 3d plane"
[END QUOTE]

I don't see a big demand for novelty airframes like Eagles, Flying Sharks, Flying Witches etc... to be blunt but honest, if you stop selling 3d models I don't foresee much of a demand for DW.
As per the above suggestions, larger control surfaces in the rear of your 2 best sellers, and a model with a w/s of 44" for wind.
I personally would like a 40"-45" w/s bi-plane, unpainted EPP kit (foiled or unfoiled) and the Edge, I mean "The Shining" in a 44-45" w/s (foiled preferably)

michael clyde
mchldpy is offline Find More Posts by mchldpy
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:38 PM
United States, OK, Checotah
Joined May 2014
5 Posts
3D wing in a 30+ inch epp it is possable and would be a blast to fly and add to the collection tractor type with a deep V ?
okie_flyer is offline Find More Posts by okie_flyer
Old Jun 25, 2014, 02:22 AM
China, Hubei, Wuhan
Joined Jul 2013
109 Posts
[QUOTE=mchldpy;28679318]@ DW,
Quote:
"Now we are considering to make less 3d plane"
[END QUOTE]

I don't see a big demand for novelty airframes like Eagles, Flying Sharks, Flying Witches etc... to be blunt but honest, if you stop selling 3d models I don't foresee much of a demand for DW.
As per the above suggestions, larger control surfaces in the rear of your 2 best sellers, and a model with a w/s of 44" for wind.
I personally would like a 40"-45" w/s bi-plane, unpainted EPP kit (foiled or unfoiled) and the Edge, I mean "The Shining" in a 44-45" w/s (foiled preferably)

michael clyde
Michael,tks for suggestion

Can i understand as below:
A epp bi-plane with 40"-45" wingspan,and with bigger control surface,foiled will be better.

am i right?