Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 22, 2014, 09:28 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,377 Posts
Discussion
Dornier DO 27 Assembled and Flown 7/4/14! (Post 5)

I am looking forward to this observation plane and hope it comes with the German military decals which were on the German planes and had my last name on the tail. I have seen a fleet of German helicopters with my name on them doing maneuvers on the Rhine (They lack places to practice in private.). It was quite a surprise to see my name on a bunch of helicopters making practice attacks (No ammunition fired) on boats on the river along with U.S. Warthogs rolling in and out of the river valley. The model of the D027 is suppose to be available in a few months at Banana Hobby. Michael Heer
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; Jul 04, 2014 at 02:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2014, 07:54 PM
Joined Mar 2014
51 Posts
Hello Michael Heer!

I am so looking forward for this airplane! I can definitely see your connection with this model since it shares the same name as you, very nice! Here is a not-so-super secret photo of another color scheme.

-Alex
BHCSR ALEX is offline Find More Posts by BHCSR ALEX
Old May 01, 2014, 10:49 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,377 Posts
Hi Alex:
I was aware of that color scheme. Very different to say the least. Take care and keep up the good work! Mike
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2014, 03:41 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,377 Posts
The Dornier DO-27 is now in stock and I am clearing off my building table. Nice big plane with a 63 inch wingspan and 48.6" length.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2014, 01:58 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,377 Posts
The kit arrived last night and I assembled her this morning in an hour & a half. The instructions were for a smaller version of the plane. Here are the key notes to assemble the plane. No glue is needed! The spinner back plate needed a little trimming of the inner plastic circle to fit the smooth portion of the propeller mount. The four small screws are used to secure the landing gear in place and I widened the mounting holes with a 3/32 drill bit I hand turned in the screw holes for the landing gear. The middle length remaining screw holds the foam cover in place over the landing gear. The longest screw holds the front of the vertical stabilizer. The shortest of the three longer screws holds the horizontal and rear of the vertical stabilizer in place. The wings snap lock into place and are easy to remove. Plane came with bullet connectors and I swapped those out. Decorative antennas fit tightly in holes in the top of the fuselage and no glue used on them yet. The plane is large and a nice flyer. Only one flight in this morning. I hope for a couple tomorrow. Mike H
RCG Plus Member