HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2013, 01:40 AM
USA, Mt, Great Falls
Joined Nov 2006
416 Posts
Discussion
Wagon for my Ship

I bought a cart and modified it for my ship. Not much is posted about transporting our boats to the pond so I thought I would share. I bought it online for $60, cut 6 inches out of the middle, welded it together and lowered it. Works well and doesn't beat up my ship. The tires and handle are removable with pins so you can use the cart as a safe way to transport the ship in the back of a truck or SUV. You can also easily take the pull pins out of the sides to fold it up and put it in the trunk of a compact car as well. With tires off and sides removed the cart stacks about 3 inches high. These carts do come in larger and smaller sizes.
Deserteagle is offline Find More Posts by Deserteagle
Last edited by Deserteagle; Dec 01, 2013 at 01:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2013, 01:15 AM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,263 Posts
Cool.
MILLERTIME is online now Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Dec 03, 2013, 03:42 PM
Damp and Dizzy member
Bozeman, Montana, United States
Joined Aug 2003
3,381 Posts
I used a little red wagon, the one with wooden bottom and wooden slat sides. With foam rubber on the bottom, and foam to keep the G-gauge locomotive from hitting the slats, it worked well for 75yd moves from house to the RR track. It'd work for ships too. My wife gave it to me for my birthday :-)
Brooks is offline Find More Posts by Brooks
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:34 PM
Just call me "Mo"
NE PDX OR
Joined Aug 2008
817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
I used a little red wagon, the one with wooden bottom and wooden slat sides. With foam rubber on the bottom, and foam to keep the G-gauge locomotive from hitting the slats, it worked well for 75yd moves from house to the RR track. It'd work for ships too. My wife gave it to me for my birthday :-)
You for one deserve a little red wagon!! Greetings to you Brooks!! I have a red wagon too that a neighbor was throwing out. I bought some soft tires and wheels at Harbor Freight-- rolls nice and smooth all for about $15 worth of new tires--I love a used and experienced wagon!!
mogogear is offline Find More Posts by mogogear