HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:02 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Help!
Problem with Syma S107

New to the hobby so please excuse my ignorance. Trying to learn. Just bought a Syma S107. Charged up the heli and tried to mate the controller to it on same band and no light is illuminated on the controller at all. Tried another set of batterties, still nothing. Did I get a faulty product or am I missing something?
Snow713 is offline Find More Posts by Snow713
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:52 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,375 Posts
Confirm battery polarity. Ohm between the + of one slot and the - of the next one. I had a minor difficulty once with the way the battery terminals had been assembled.

If the light will not come on, the controller will not work. If above turns up nothing, disassemble to inspect for disconnected wires. Or if you bought from Amazon, send it back.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:58 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,194 Posts
Snow, welcome to RCG.

If the controller has no light, it is probably not getting power. Open up the battery compartment cover. You will noticed that they are white tabs between each set of two batteries. Sometimes, they actually cause the batteries not to contact each other. Play with that and see if that is the case. This has happened to others before.

The +ve terminals of some batteries are shorter than others. Some people actually rip out those little white tabs, or stuck some other conductors in between.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:18 AM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
Confirm battery polarity. Ohm between the + of one slot and the - of the next one. I had a minor difficulty once with the way the battery terminals had been assembled.

If the light will not come on, the controller will not work. If above turns up nothing, disassemble to inspect for disconnected wires. Or if you bought from Amazon, send it back.
It was bought off of Ebay but they sent it to me as a gift from Amazon. Batteries are making good contact.... I'll just send it back I guess.
Snow713 is offline Find More Posts by Snow713
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:07 AM
seamusagleann
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glencoe
Joined Apr 2012
39 Posts
Might have seen this too late but I have several spare working controllers for the 107 I can post if your in UK pm me if you want
seamusagleann is offline Find More Posts by seamusagleann
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:49 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusagleann View Post
Might have seen this too late but I have several spare working controllers for the 107 I can post if your in UK pm me if you want
That is very generous and very honorable. You Sir, are a Gentleman

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012