HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2014, 03:00 AM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Apr 2014
26 Posts
Great video! You can see more than I thought. A nice bit of wildlife which gives me an idea. Where I fly has heaps of Kangaroos and they are all very curious until I plug in my lipo and then they disappear. If I go early one morning I'll try to get some footage.

My other field also has a whole lot of crows that take a disliking to my plane and chase it around. I have a video of them attacking it. They give up pretty easily though.
Hingo is online now Find More Posts by Hingo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2014, 10:58 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Apr 2014
26 Posts
Well after many great flights, my brushed motor died. Yesterday I had a great morning flight then landed my plane to throw in another lipo. In the second flight it happened, a loss of power before the motor stopped completely...

Ares Gamma 370 - Brushed Motor failure - 21/06/2014 (3 min 18 sec)

I have now done the brushless conversion. I have also changed to an OrangeRx R615 receiver and I am now using a DX6i tx.

I must say the brushless motor is quite nice to fly. A lot smoother and more responsive to my throttle inputs. Unfortunately today I got disoriented and crashed it. Only looked at my flight timer for a second but it was enough to lose it. The undercarriage was ripped off (again), broke a prop, and the wing received a cut from the rubber bands digging into it. Thankfully not bad at all. I have now reinforced the wing with tape on the leading edges and near the centre where the rubber bands are. I have glued the undercarriage back on, replaced the prop, tightened everything up and its now ready to fly again.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:16 PM
United States, NY, Cobleskill
Joined Jun 2014
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
Can any one tell me what the advantage is of having a spectrum radio with dsmx over dsm2?
The RTF version with factory RX will not Bind with a Spektum radio..or will it?

I hear mixed opinions on this...some throw in a AR400, and some said they can bind with the factory installed Ares RX ???
whiteram is offline Find More Posts by whiteram
Old Jun 26, 2014, 04:57 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Apr 2014
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteram View Post
The RTF version with factory RX will not Bind with a Spektum radio..or will it?

I hear mixed opinions on this...some throw in a AR400, and some said they can bind with the factory installed Ares RX ???
From what I have read, the factory RX will not bind with a Spektrum radio. I didn't even try to bind it, I just swapped it out for an OrangeRX.