HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2012, 03:25 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,880 Posts
New Product
Winner's Model 48in Extra 330LX SEPP - stiff EPP plane with airfoiled tail surfaces

A few days ago I found out about a new 48" EPP plane that has me really excited! It's the Winner's Model 48in Extra 330LX SEPP plane and it has some novel features for this class of plane, such as airfoiled tail surfaces and ball link pushrods. Mr. Frank (Caihong) Lui, the owner of Winner's Model, posted some info about this plane on the thread for his smaller 37.5" Extra plane, so I copied his comments to this new thread that I have created.

"Hey guys, This is Frank Liu/Caihong liu from Winner's Model, the designer of the Extra EPP foamie and the owner of www.3d-fly.com Thank you all for the interest and comments for our airplane kits. Now we have another good news that we are going to announce our new 48in Extra330LX which tail wing is also air foiled and will come with carbon fiber and ball bearing push rods(Showed as the attached pictures). I think the 48in Extra330LX is strong not only for maneuvers like knife edge, inverted harrier, but also for those maneuvers which need strong structure such as blender, snap rolls, the upright harrier is quite stable as well, you may have seen its performance for those maneuvers in the videos.

48in 330LX is designed to fly with 3S 2200mAH battery, and it is the size I flew in those videos. The flying weight with 3S 2200 battery is 1200g. And I have also tried 4S 2200 battery, it was alittle bit heavier but much more powerful, the performance is awesome too.

My setup for your reference:
Motor: 3542/940KV 450W brushless outrunner.
ESC: Hobbywing 40A
Servo: Hitec 65MG*4pcs
Prop: APC 13^6.5E
Battery: Fullymax 3S 2200mAH 25C

If there is any question about us or our airplane kits, please kindly send email to us at: j3_3d@yahoo.cn, winnersmodel@163.com. Many thanks!

You may contact www.milehighrc.com or www.bestvaluerc.com for our products.
"

Update 20 July 2012: I added an English language instruction manual as a file attachment below.

I attached some links to videos on Youtube to the second post, so check those out.
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Last edited by groovejet; Jul 20, 2012 at 07:48 AM. Reason: added an English language instruction manual as a file attachment
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2012, 03:29 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,880 Posts
Videos

Check out how smoothly this plane flies with Mr. Lui on the sticks! I am really looking forward to this new release and hope that I find it is as good as it looks in the photos and videos!

If you only have time to watch one video, make sure you watch this one!
Winner's Model 48in Extra 330LX SEPP Ludlows 2012-05-21 (5 min 36 sec)

If you have more time, watch this video as well
Winner's Model 48in Extra 330LX SEPP 2012-05-20 (3 min 50 sec)

Spiderman climbing the walls. This one is full 1080 HD.
Winner's Model 48in Extra 330LX SEPP 2012-07-06 (4 min 26 sec)

Here's another video that shows some higher energy moves.
Winner's Model 48in Extra 330LX SEPP - How Fast Can We Fly? (3 min 6 sec)
Last edited by groovejet; Jul 13, 2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: reorderd the videos so that the nicest one is first.
Old May 29, 2012, 04:13 AM
China, Guangdong, Zhuhai
Joined Nov 2010
159 Posts
Scott, many thanks for creating this thread.

Hope you will like this kit when you get it.
CNJ3 is offline Find More Posts by CNJ3
Old May 29, 2012, 06:56 AM
IMK
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2005
181 Posts
I just watched these vids for the 2nd time. Seriously great flying. Smooth as.

Just when you thought current foamie design was as good as it gets, something like this comes along. Awesome.
IMK is online now Find More Posts by IMK
Old May 29, 2012, 07:10 AM
nac
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
954 Posts
Great looking plane, and looks nicely constructed too.

I agree the flying is silky smooth, I wonder is that the plane, the pilot or combination of both!

I am tempted to get one when they come out as my SW extra had an altercation with the ground the other day.
But the only down side for me is the colour, I am not a fan of mostly blue colour schemes.
My eye-site is not the best with blues and greens, so I prefer red and orange colours.
I love to see the colours reversed, with mostly red and some blue.
nac is online now Find More Posts by nac
Old May 29, 2012, 07:36 AM
China, Guangdong, Zhuhai
Joined Nov 2010
159 Posts
Hi nac,

Thanks for sharing what colour you prefer.
This kit is going to have one more colour scheme with more red, pics will be uploaded here soon.
Old May 29, 2012, 08:33 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,880 Posts
Here are a couple of videos from July 08, when I maidened my plane. It flies very well .

Video 1 shows various moves, including how well this plane does upright harriers.
Winner's Model 48in Extra 330LX SEPP - Maiden Day Video #1 (2 min 22 sec)

Video 2 shows various moves, including how well this plane does higher energy moves.
Winner's Model 48in Extra 330LX SEPP - Maiden Day Video #2 (2 min 59 sec)
Last edited by groovejet; Jul 13, 2012 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Added a copy of my videos near the start of the thread
Old May 29, 2012, 10:04 AM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,692 Posts
Groovjet, Yes, thanks for the thread.

Frank, thanks for the reply to my PM.

Really looking forward to this plane.
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin
Last edited by KE Spin; May 29, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old May 29, 2012, 04:16 PM
nac
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNJ3 View Post
Hi nac,

Thanks for sharing what colour you prefer.
This kit is going to have one more colour scheme with more red, pics will be uploaded here soon.
Fantastic,
nac is online now Find More Posts by nac
Old May 30, 2012, 06:46 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,880 Posts
There is now a product page on 3d-fly.com that shows the red and blue scheme and the blue and black scheme that are shown in the photos above. The product page has some extra info that Google can translate to something that is both informative and rather amusing

http://www.3d-fly.com/02WM%20EXTRA330LX%20SEPP.htm

I'm looking forward to seeing the 3rd scheme with more red.
Last edited by groovejet; May 30, 2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old May 30, 2012, 08:07 PM
condefly
argetina
Joined Aug 2009
23 Posts
Hi guys, Im a owner of a hobby shop in Argentina and I buy the winner`s model planes, Frank its a really god friend, he make a lot of test on your designs, I have to tell Frank its a really good pilot and he have a lot of experience, I sold and I like so much her planes, I wish you can buy some and try it, lot of easy fun!!!!!!
Regards
NAcho
www.hobbyconde.com.ar
condefly is offline Find More Posts by condefly
Old May 30, 2012, 08:30 PM
China, Guangdong, Zhuhai
Joined Nov 2010
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by condefly View Post
Hi guys, Im a owner of a hobby shop in Argentina and I buy the winner`s model planes, Frank its a really god friend, he make a lot of test on your designs, I have to tell Frank its a really good pilot and he have a lot of experience, I sold and I like so much her planes, I wish you can buy some and try it, lot of easy fun!!!!!!
Regards
NAcho
www.hobbyconde.com.ar
Nacho, thank you very much for your reply and trust. It's a great pleasure to chat with you, and so proud to be your friend.

Cheers!

Frank
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:44 AM
Hope is not a Strategy
Australia, VIC, Caroline Springs
Joined Apr 2011
1,417 Posts
Interesting, I'm actually seriously interested in importing some of your 50cc models.
Lojik is offline Find More Posts by Lojik
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:23 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,902 Posts
Looks like a WINNER! I like the RWB color scheme. This is nice for us here in the states since we can't get the Skywing planes and these are very similiar. I like the air foiled tail feathers.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Jun 03, 2012, 06:50 PM
China, Guangdong, Zhuhai
Joined Nov 2010
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik View Post
Interesting, I'm actually seriously interested in importing some of your 50cc models.
Thanks.

Let's contact by PM or email.