Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:17 AM
No substitute for aspect ratio
Norwalk, CT aka the Nutmeg State -- I just can't seem to find any %$#@! nutmeg here?
Joined Nov 2003
2,254 Posts
Help!
Looking for Axel Scale Pilot Figures -- new or used in good condition

Searching for Axel! If he or one of his brothers is in a sailplane you are no longer flying, hanging out on the shelf or still in wraps, I'd love to PM about buying him! Will pay well for quality condition.

Looking for 1:3 scale -- but 1:3.5 and 1:4 scale sizes also. Also specifically a 1:3 scale in vintage garb. Full body only, not half busts.

Thanks for looking at this, considering putting your Axel up for adoption -- and thanks too for any leads to others you may know.

Axel is a pal and I've ordered direct from him, but they're backed up at the moment and I have some empty seats for the new season.

Thanks!
Steve
SPasierb is offline Find More Posts by SPasierb
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 01:44 PM
Norwalk, CT aka the Nutmeg State -- I just can't seem to find any %$#@! nutmeg here?
Joined Nov 2003
2,254 Posts
My quest continues. PM me please.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:06 PM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,658 Posts
Steve, you are going to have to do what I do, just move them around, I have 2 ordered and paid for, just waiting patiently for the slooooow boat to arrive. And now I need another 40% little fella.
s2000 is offline Find More Posts by s2000
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:42 PM
Joined Nov 2003
2,254 Posts
I can't trust some of my guys in other planes. I don't speak their language and I think they may be plotting against me. Best to keep them separated.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 05:15 PM
LSF303 / AMA Life Member
USA, IL, Wheeling
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
Be very afraid!

tkallev is offline Find More Posts by tkallev
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:06 PM
Corner Ketch, DE
Joined Sep 2005
1,278 Posts
I keep looking for the one that ran away and built a home in the SKSS woods
See if you would have treated Him a little better He might have hung around but No You had to discipline Him for losing that thermal!

Charlie
creeve is offline Find More Posts by creeve
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:09 PM
Joined Nov 2003
2,254 Posts
He hooked up with a demented tow pilot, went into the woods a sweet Axel and came out a demented White Clay Creek Sasquatch! I hear he got hit by a semi on the local highway and it was a tie.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:11 PM
Joined Nov 2003
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkallev View Post
Be very afraid!
Nice try, but I think I'll go all Jeff Dunham on a future plane...
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:34 AM
Vintage wood is the best!
In a house
Joined Sep 2002
2,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPasierb View Post
Nice try, but I think I'll go all Jeff Dunham on a future plane...
I like Walter better.....now just need to find a 24" tall Walter....Hmmmmm.
SZD16 is offline Find More Posts by SZD16
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:49 AM
Joined Nov 2003
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SZD16 View Post
I like Walter better.....now just need to find a 24" tall Walter....Hmmmmm.
Given that his head is oversized for the body anyway, this probably fits the bill...

http://www.jeffdunham.com/shop/anima...ng-walter-doll Out of stock. Meanwhile, the secondary Walter market is booming. Better than my 401K....

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CJEBEPMCMAQ
Old Apr 02, 2012, 06:13 PM
Pat Chewning
USA, OR, Beaverton
Joined Sep 2009
298 Posts
It's 18" tall, so that would be about 1/4 scale for 6' tall. And if you get into trouble, maybe Harry can pilot the sailplane for a spell:

http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-1.../dp/B000MTBOKY
pchewn is offline Find More Posts by pchewn
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:33 AM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,873 Posts
Hi Steve

I would like to oder a Axel pilot in 1/5 scale and was wondering about how long it takes for him to get to the west coast, and about what cost for a full dressed guy with coat - cap & tie.

I looked at the Axel site and it had no English button so i have no idea of build time & cost.

Would you have a 1/5 scale pilot as i need a few sizes, i want to start drawing up my primary glider and make sure Axel will fit right when he gets here.

Thanks Steve.

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:00 AM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,658 Posts
Axel does not do 1/5 scale, never has. 1/4, 1/3.5, 1/3, 1/2.5, 1/2
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:19 AM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,873 Posts
Well Shoot, i was looking forward to having a Axel pilot. Can you tell me who does make them in 1/5 scale that are flexible and have good looks.

Thanks
G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:30 AM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,658 Posts
Don, there really isn't any GOOD 1/5 scale pilots, there are or were some from a company that used to be called "Officer and Gentleman" not sure if that is still current or they have a different name, they were latex and were very light with reasonable looks, they were NOT flexy or positionable however, you had to do some strategic surgery on parts to make them fit, BUT, they were very inexpensive in the range of $30 to $40. And the clothes were painted on, no woven fabric.