HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:57 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
Anyone know a place where you can buy spares for these that don't take like a million years to get to you?
xheli is in Calif as well.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:09 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
xheli is in Calif as well.
Shipping costs are rediculous though.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:12 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,213 Posts
Quote:
Anyone know a place where you can buy spares for these that don't take like a million years to get to you?
Tmart, Amazon, and Ebay, have been my part sources in the U.S.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:33 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Today, I dropped in the mail my "new" V911 for a refund. Fortunately the return process is easy because I got this one from Amazon...

The reason I returned it is because the transmitter was defective, and so was the board on the helicopter. Instead of going through the process of waiting for parts and repairing the thing, I just figured I would just use the refund to buy another one.

Not had much luck with the V911. If my next one continues to suffer from problems, I've decided just to give up on the V911 all together.

Hopefully my luck will change... They do say "Third time's the charm".
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:25 AM
Joined Sep 2012
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
So, I'm probably going to buy the smartieparts board, but it seems it comes with backlight capability? I've already ordered a backlight from somewhere. Will it be compatibile, or will it cause a problem using the programmer if I don't use their light?
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:25 AM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Flying 2 V911 at once

I bought one of these a couple of weeks back and was so impressed with it I want to buy another for my son. Does anyone know if it is possible to fly 2 of these at the same time. I'm not all that familiar with these 2.4 Ghz radios and dont see any channel markings like with other radio types. Just wondered how you would go about flying 2 at once if it is possible.
scareg is offline Find More Posts by scareg
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Aug 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80 View Post
So, I'm probably going to buy the smartieparts board, but it seems it comes with backlight capability? I've already ordered a backlight from somewhere. Will it be compatibile, or will it cause a problem using the programmer if I don't use their light?
"compatible" but not included. It comes with a connector and wire to use the hobby king light.
jfdpl686 is offline Find More Posts by jfdpl686
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:47 AM
Sweden, Stockholm
Joined Sep 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scareg View Post
I bought one of these a couple of weeks back and was so impressed with it I want to buy another for my son. Does anyone know if it is possible to fly 2 of these at the same time. I'm not all that familiar with these 2.4 Ghz radios and dont see any channel markings like with other radio types. Just wondered how you would go about flying 2 at once if it is possible.
No probs. Just make sure you bind the helis one at a time. When done, go fly!
LeJaque is offline Find More Posts by LeJaque
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Thank You
scareg is offline Find More Posts by scareg
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:45 PM
Joined Sep 2012
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdpl686 View Post
"compatible" but not included. It comes with a connector and wire to use the hobby king light.
I'm not 100% sure what brand my backlight will be. It was like $5 so my brother and I ordered a couple to save shipping. Cool!
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:02 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,344 Posts
v911 - just because

Slightly on topic - V911 at least.

Had a horrible idea today and stripped a ATOM mini DVR of its plastic housing then mounted it on the front of my V911 a bit of trim and it flew.. (OK OK it was a BIG LOT of trim and i flew with the stick pulled halfway back... but it kind a flew)

Proof of concept -
V911 micro RC helicopter with Atom Mini DVR take 1 - yes if flew..... barely. (0 min 26 sec)
it hardly qualifies as HD but.

Im not saying this is the right thing to do.. just that it can be done.
Why not longer video.. well I never actually charged the camera first so it stopped.. charging it now for take 2.

Have to figure out if I can power the camera with the 911 battery.. that would save a lot of weight and make it fly quite nicely probably.

EDIT: I cut off the atom cam battery and soldered the leads into the black battery clip. the v911 flies quite OK without the extra battery and I managed to get 2:30 min fight before the camera rec light turned off, probably because of low voltage. the heli was perfectly flyable after the camera shut down and flew easily back to me for landing.
Bo Lorentzen is online now Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Bo Lorentzen; Oct 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:48 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,212 Posts
Bo, I recall several people have put different brands of cameras on v911's, I used a 808 #11, it can be powered from the v911 battery. Not really enjoyable flying, just prove of concept, as you said. You can center your COG by putting a piece of scotch tape across the skids and rest the camera on the tape, shouldn't add much weight.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:14 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,344 Posts
Thanks Stonecutter, the tape across the skids sounds like a great idea. its flying but not exactly broadcast.
Bo Lorentzen is online now Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:33 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,272 Posts
I have been reading this thread for a while and finally decided to get a bnf V911. I got a yellow Y911 from banggood a couple of weeks ago. I realize that it is allegedly produced by Juchion for WL toys. I am used to flying 9958s and I prefer to fly outdoors in 0 to 4 mph winds. The Y911 I recieved is considrably slower than my 9958s and I have had to set it down because I could not bring it back against a little wind like I can with my 9958. I know some people here say that thier 911s handle the wind well, but the one I have doesn't. Of course, it also did not impress me much when the tail motor stopped working after about 10 flights with no hard crashes, it had a bad brush inside the motor, lol. I remembered reading about flybar strikes and something about somebody putting pieces of straws on the flybar links to limit flybar movement, so I looked that up, and he claimed it improved forward movement. I thought it was worth a try, but then I had another inspiration to limit flybar movement. I cut a short piece of 3/16 inch shrink tube, took off the flybar, and slipped the shrink tube over the plastic that holds the flybar, leaving about a sixteenth of an inch above the bottom of the slot where the flybar pivots. That limits the movement downward of the flybar on either side. The shrink tube fit tight enough that I did not even have to heat it to shrink it in place. I got to fly it inside a concrete floor gym this afternoon with no wind. I could not tell that it improved forward motion at all, but I think it should reduce flybar strikes. Just an idea some of you might like to try.
Although I normally like to fly over grass to reduce unplanned landing damage, I found the slick concrete floor provided another kind of fun. I was flying funnels in the gym, and got too low, the nose of the heli actually hit the floor, and instead of crashing, it just bounced up and kept on going So I started doing it on purpose, and it was fun to bounce the nose on the floor without disrupting course or control
siriusflier is offline Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:58 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
I go on EBay and Type V911 parts USA got some really great Batteries and other replacements From seller J.B. Chavy parts always came in 2-4 days very well packaged and if you order more of same item shipping is reduced, Super service.
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4