HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:35 AM
Happy Habu Hustler
Joined May 2012
1,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmet6 View Post
Hey guys,

So I just received my PNP Yak yesterday and got it all assembled. Unfortunately my prop balancer has not yet come in, we were hoping to maiden it tomorrow but I'm worried about the prop. Have the props been updated or improved at all? or should I definitely wait to balance it before I fly?
I bought a C-Z Yak prop in July, and tried to balance it.

I gave up and put an APC prop on the airplane (after balancing the prop).
kevinrc is offline Find More Posts by kevinrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 06:41 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossinarizona View Post
I need a new Carbon Z Yak canopy, if anyone has one let me know your price.
Thanks,
Mike
I have a canopy I just found if you still need it. I can send it or if you happen to be going to Phoenix you can pick it up.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:42 PM
Oh you pull BACK on the stick?
Bloomington, IN
Joined Feb 2010
500 Posts
Well,

I managed to get a prop balancer today and we balanced the stock prop, honestly wasn't too hard.

Anyway, maidened the Yak this evening. Went pretty well, 2 flights and 2 decent landings, I was impressed. It's extremely easy to land! Over all I'm very happy

I didn't get brave enough to flip to high rates, I'm going to take it easy with it.

Question though, is it possible to hover it on low-rates? I was just goofing off and was trying it, couldn't get it though. (This is my first 3D craft, so I wasn't sure)
Varmet6 is offline Find More Posts by Varmet6
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:06 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmet6 View Post
Well,

I managed to get a prop balancer today and we balanced the stock prop, honestly wasn't too hard.

Anyway, maidened the Yak this evening. Went pretty well, 2 flights and 2 decent landings, I was impressed. It's extremely easy to land! Over all I'm very happy

I didn't get brave enough to flip to high rates, I'm going to take it easy with it.

Question though, is it possible to hover it on low-rates? I was just goofing off and was trying it, couldn't get it though. (This is my first 3D craft, so I wasn't sure)
just take your time ! patience is the key ! this is not a EPP foamy you will need more than low rates for hover so if you need to pull out from a side stall or fliping backward you have throw to pull out of trouble
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:08 PM
Oh you pull BACK on the stick?
Bloomington, IN
Joined Feb 2010
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX View Post
just take your time ! patience is the key ! this is not a EPP foamy you will need more than low rates for hover so if you need to pull out from a side stall or fliping backward you have throw to pull out of trouble
Don't worry, I'm definitely taking my time. That's good to know, thank you
Varmet6 is offline Find More Posts by Varmet6
Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:56 PM
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
I bought the HS 82 servos. I bought one for the rudder, and one for the elevator (tight fit). As far as I know, there are no problems with the aileron servos. What servo arms are you guys using? The eflite arms do not attach to the servos.
ufale is offline Find More Posts by ufale
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:32 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufale View Post
I bought the HS 82 servos. I bought one for the rudder, and one for the elevator (tight fit). As far as I know, there are no problems with the aileron servos. What servo arms are you guys using? The eflite arms do not attach to the servos.
You'll find the info you need on page 211 of this thread.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:38 PM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
@ufale

I'm pretty sure all four servos are the same. The only difference is the length of the servo leads.
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:43 PM
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen4Lfe View Post
@ufale

I'm pretty sure all four servos are the same. The only difference is the length of the servo leads.
Thanks. I guess you are saying that I need to spend another 50 bucks. What a few more?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:02 PM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
Quote:
Thanks. I guess you are saying that I need to spend another 50 bucks. What a few more?
No. Many have flown the stock servos with no trouble while others crashed because of them. I'm just saying I THINK that all four servos are basically the same design which means they all have the same chance of failure.
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:41 PM
Joined Dec 2011
81 Posts
These guys guys really need to get on the ball. The prop sucks, the servos suck, the motor and mount suck, and the color scheme sucks!!!
If only they would sell an airframe kit in the white. You could paint it so you could tell witch end is up (for us old farts with bad eyes) add your own motor and electronics and have one pretty nice plane to fly.
paul45120 is offline Find More Posts by paul45120
Old Sep 10, 2012, 07:43 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
I have hs5085 in the tail of mine. I'm running the dubro heavy duty arms. They need to be in the outside hole but I get what I need for throw.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:47 PM
United States, DE, Seaford
Joined May 2012
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul45120 View Post
These guys guys really need to get on the ball. The prop sucks, the servos suck, the motor and mount suck, and the color scheme sucks!!!
If only they would sell an airframe kit in the white. You could paint it so you could tell witch end is up (for us old farts with bad eyes) add your own motor and electronics and have one pretty nice plane to fly.
For what it's worth I bought my carbon z last october and have flown well over 100 flights with it. Mostly sport flying, but getting better at some light 3d maneuvers and still have stock "everything" on it. I've done very well with this plane and haven't even broken the prop on it. I have only been flying one year and this has been my favorite airplane to fly. So I must be one of the lucky ones that everything has held up for me. Also I haven't slammed it nose first into the ground like I have with a couple of other airplanes that I own.
Sailmac1 is offline Find More Posts by Sailmac1
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:16 PM
smoke is my wattmeter
Longview, Tx
Joined May 2008
1,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul45120 View Post
You can buy airframe only a piece at a time for around $130. Add you own stuff. I probably don't have $250 in mine.
krexken is offline Find More Posts by krexken
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:31 PM
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
Doh!! I lost the snap ring that goes over the top of the prop shaft. Does anybody know where I can find one?