Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 18, 2010, 05:25 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by culexus View Post
I got everything working!

Im soo happy right now! hehe. Thank you all for all the help I got from you people I took my time to balance the propellers and also found out that I got my yaw gyro reversed. Now everything is perfect i think, maby some small adjustment left but it is flying!

I use the GWS 3 blade 9x5 (cw and ccw), ordered from himodel.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/josteinkallevik
Thanks and congrats on a flying quad
Looks nice and stable.
kapteinkuk is offline Find More Posts by kapteinkuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2010, 05:33 PM
Norway Haugesund
Joined Jun 2010
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4432 View Post
very nice and congrats just out of curiosity, does your neighbor have a ladder attached to the side of his house?
Haha best question ever we call it fire safety! In case off fire you climb out a window and down to safe ground
culexus is offline Find More Posts by culexus
Old Aug 18, 2010, 05:37 PM
Norway Haugesund
Joined Jun 2010
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
nice maiden flight.. and next video with some rolls and loops please
Thanx warthox I will try some rolls when i got my flight stable I also got a Jakub fiber frame, maby I will roll it some day But first I will assemble the rest off the quads for my friends 3 to go!
Old Aug 18, 2010, 05:38 PM
Quad Whisperer
Joined Jul 2008
942 Posts
Here is the new HexaCopter software. I have added arming/disarming and also fixed the issue with s.l.o.w Corona and other RX'es.
kapteinkuk is offline Find More Posts by kapteinkuk
Old Aug 18, 2010, 05:38 PM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
Niall, Kaptein,

I'm unfortunately having EXACTLY the same issues as cvandenb?? I'm using a carona rx and jr tx, I can't get it to "listen"???

Please help,
Dion
You can power the RX with a separate power source (a battery and a BEC) and the KK controller can be powered from the ESC's BECs. just remove all the red wires between the KK board and the RX.
So the sequence would be:
+ TX on
+ RX on
+ 5 secs or 10 secs later, turn on the KK boards and ESC.

Hope that works

I used to have problem getting into programmig mode of some ESC wih spektrum RX just because of similar reason. The only way to do it was using a different battery pack for the RX and makes it always ready before turning on the ESC.

thanh
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran
Old Aug 18, 2010, 05:39 PM
Norway Haugesund
Joined Jun 2010
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
Thanks and congrats on a flying quad
Looks nice and stable.
Thanx Rolf! U did a great job on your controller! I love it!
Old Aug 18, 2010, 05:53 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by culexus View Post
Haha best question ever we call it fire safety! In case off fire you climb out a window and down to safe ground
very nice. other than the quads in the videos, the architecture from around the world is very interesting. here in the US the burglars would use that to come inside and rob people . i think we have ones that attach to the windows frame and then roll it down from the inside but those don't make the news, just people jumping from 2nd and 3rd stories - sometimes the crowd will catch them, others, well, the ground catches them

thanks for the explanation the cultural differences in this thread are a education in itself.
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Aug 18, 2010, 06:07 PM
Norway Haugesund
Joined Jun 2010
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4432 View Post
very nice. other than the quads in the videos, the architecture from around the world is very interesting. here in the US the burglars would use that to come inside and rob people . i think we have ones that attach to the windows frame and then roll it down from the inside but those don't make the news, just people jumping from 2nd and 3rd stories - sometimes the crowd will catch them, others, well, the ground catches them

thanks for the explanation the cultural differences in this thread are a education in itself.
Hehe I see I may think the crime levels are slightly lower here in Norway.
something we very much appreciate!
But we are working on a quad security system now. I think warthox had caught all the criminals with a few flips! Hihi
Old Aug 18, 2010, 06:27 PM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,031 Posts
quick question here - I have one of these pcb boards - http://www.kkmulticopter.com/index.p...w=annonce&id=7 - it came preloaded with the software - Can I update the board software with my FTDI Basic 5 volt http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=9115

Sorry for the noob question

Mike
cdi3d is offline Find More Posts by cdi3d
Old Aug 18, 2010, 06:37 PM
Joined Jul 2010
7 Posts
First of all offcourse the obligatory and very well deserved congratulations to mr Kaptainkuk for making and sharing his fabulous multicopter design
I just finished assembling my first controller (yet still a frame and motor setup to go...).
Now I have already read a lot through the huge thread, but I still have some questions :

- in the first post of the thread, it says
"Note: the correct procedure for taking off from the ground is as following:
1: The quad and its propellers needs to be motionless.
2: Arm the controller by moving the left stick to the lower right corner.
3: Increase the throttle (collective). Just as the throttle leaves zero, gyro calibration is performed.
4: Enjoy! And remember to close the throttle if you lose control. Much less damage.
5: Disarm the controller after landing by moving the left stick to the lower left corner."
Is this only for the quad or also for the tri (I would like to build the tri-copter) ?
Is it needed everytime and what is meant by arming and disarming the controller ? The moment I connect the battery with the throttle to zero, it seems ready (and thus armed) ?

- and another question I keep asking myself : you can revert the gyro settings with a clever procedure. Are these settings then rewritten in the controller and remembered when you disconnect the battery or how is it retained ?
Leukiedeukie is offline Find More Posts by Leukiedeukie
Old Aug 18, 2010, 07:15 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdi3d View Post
quick question here - I have one of these pcb boards - http://www.kkmulticopter.com/index.p...w=annonce&id=7 - it came preloaded with the software - Can I update the board software with my FTDI Basic 5 volt http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=9115

Sorry for the noob question

Mike
you need a atmel avr compatabile programmer - i have this one - http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/to...p?tool_id=3808 and it works very well. some of the different ones don't support all the atmega chips and i figured that an atmel programmer would support their products and offer firmware updates to the programmer as new chips come out. you plug in the programmer into the 2x3 pins labeld "ISP" w/ the 6pin plug from the programmer which is then connected to the computer via a usb port.

for software i use atmega avr studio 4 and again, it work very well
Old Aug 18, 2010, 07:21 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leukiedeukie View Post
First of all offcourse the obligatory and very well deserved congratulations to mr Kaptainkuk for making and sharing his fabulous multicopter design
I just finished assembling my first controller (yet still a frame and motor setup to go...).
Now I have already read a lot through the huge thread, but I still have some questions :

- in the first post of the thread, it says
"Note: the correct procedure for taking off from the ground is as following:
1: The quad and its propellers needs to be motionless.
2: Arm the controller by moving the left stick to the lower right corner.
3: Increase the throttle (collective). Just as the throttle leaves zero, gyro calibration is performed.
4: Enjoy! And remember to close the throttle if you lose control. Much less damage.
5: Disarm the controller after landing by moving the left stick to the lower left corner."
Is this only for the quad or also for the tri (I would like to build the tri-copter) ?
Is it needed everytime and what is meant by arming and disarming the controller ? The moment I connect the battery with the throttle to zero, it seems ready (and thus armed) ?

- and another question I keep asking myself : you can revert the gyro settings with a clever procedure. Are these settings then rewritten in the controller and remembered when you disconnect the battery or how is it retained ?
i believe kk is working on adding the arm/disarm feature to all the firmwares - safety feature. according to kk, when you connect the controller to the battery, the board is on but the default is to start w/ the motors disarmed - a safety feature.

the gyro reverse will be kept until the unit is re-flashed - i am sure kaptein will be in to verify what i have said and also remind me of how to keep the settings during a re-flash - there is a option to no erase a certain memory and it would keep the gyros reversed - if memory serves me.

hope this helps
bob
Old Aug 18, 2010, 07:28 PM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdi3d View Post
... Can I update the board software with my FTDI Basic 5 volt http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=9115
Hi Mike,
Short answer: No. You need an ISP programmer to flash new software. The FTDI is just a USB serial adapter which could be useful if you want to see some debug from KK board.
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran
Old Aug 18, 2010, 07:54 PM
Brushless
Joined Mar 2009
2,031 Posts
One other noob question - I have one motor that is hotter than the others - motor 1 and 4 (KatainKuK motor layout for the controller) are relatively cool - 2 is warm and 3 is hot - I am using KDL 20-22l motors on 3S with 11x3.8 props - Turnigy 30 amp plush ESC's - Any ideas??

Mike
cdi3d is offline Find More Posts by cdi3d
Old Aug 18, 2010, 09:43 PM
My Karma ran over my Dogma
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Feb 2010
950 Posts
I'm thinking of trying this setup and wanted to get others opinions.

Jakub's 68cm fiberglass frame + FLYCAM Artist xm-L4500Pro camera mount.

fireslayer26 is offline Find More Posts by fireslayer26