New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2015, 06:51 AM
Find More Posts by eligri
Joined Sep 2012
52 Posts
Help!
KK-mini flying wing

I'm trying to setup a KK-mini to work with my flying wing. Im using a spektrum transmitter and receiver.

The firmware im using is: OpenAero2 beta 10 for KK-mini.

Here is the problem: KK-board looks to be setup and ready for use. Receiver input responds to transmitter, and no error messages are displayed. However, the plane does nothing when using transmitter.

It seems like it isn't armed, or something like that.

What am i doing wrong?

Wiring as such:
Left side of board; Lower 3 pins --> throttle channel receiver, 3 above it --> aileron, rudder (not being used) and elevator on receiver.

Right side of board: Esc --> slot 1, Aileron --> slot 2, Elevator (aileron 2) --> slot 3.
eligri is offline Find More Posts by eligri
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2015, 08:29 AM
Find More Posts by Azarr
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
8,354 Posts
I don't have the mini, but the larger board requires arming. Throttle stick down & right to arm, down and left to disarm. YMMV.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Aug 02, 2015, 09:04 AM
Joined Sep 2012
52 Posts
Got it working already thanks to some help from a good hobbyking rep

Now i have a new problem though. The plane is treating each elevon as a seperate channel. They are plugged into ch 6 and 7.

With aileron only 1 moves, and with elevator the other one moves. They are not mixing at all.

Got it set as "flying wing" in mode, done no custom mixing.
Old Aug 04, 2015, 03:27 AM
Joined Sep 2012
52 Posts
Bump.

Anybody know what is causing each elevon to move on separate channels (not mixed)? Elevator moves one, aileron moves other.
Old Aug 05, 2015, 09:02 PM
Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
3,652 Posts
Not sure why you used a KK board. A P1 gyro is a far better option for a wing and more compact. (and cheaper) also cleaner wiring and made for the purpose.
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Aug 06, 2015, 04:08 AM
Joined Sep 2012
52 Posts
I used it because it costed 10 dollars, and I was making a hobbyking order anyways. Nobody knows why it is doing this?
Old Aug 06, 2015, 08:25 AM
Find More Posts by andreiv
Joined Sep 2014
41 Posts
Hi eligri,
I had KK2.1.5 with OpenAero2, and it worked just fine. I don't remember exactly, but i think i did mixing in the radio. After you've done that, just switch stabilize profile on, and see if KK is moving elevons in the right direction when you shake the plane. If not, you can reverse gyro direction in some menu, if I remember correctly.
andreiv is online now Find More Posts by andreiv
Old Aug 06, 2015, 02:00 PM
Joined Sep 2012
52 Posts
Thanks!

Kinda got it working now. Everything moves right via controller, but only EITHER elevator or aileron will move right with gyro's (which one depends on servo reversing). Is there any way to reverse the gyro only, so that both will work?