HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:50 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A VIKING View Post
I wish I could claim the 770 photo remembered by you as epic LMH but it wasn't me.

As far as an epic inverted photo of my Urukay inverted cutting grass...that would be followed immediately by a photo of dirt flying in the air...followed by a photo of wheels and Urukay parts scattered across my yard.

I don't have cohunes' big enough for that one yet.
Your not the only one . I don't do that stuff either in real life. When I get comfortable in flight after a min or 2 , then I would most are tick tocks or rolls . Inverted I will stay for a sec or 2 but not worth flying like that , I like my models
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:10 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
Your not the only one . I don't do that stuff either in real life. When I get comfortable in flight after a min or 2 , then I would most are tick tocks or rolls . Inverted I will stay for a sec or 2 but not worth flying like that , I like my models

I'm with you brother...and besides I don't cut grass with my helis, I cut trees.
I am hoping one day to be that comfortable flying inverted but for now I need a little wiggle room to insure a recovery if my mind locks up.
A VIKING is offline Find More Posts by A VIKING
Old Dec 18, 2014, 01:10 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,479 Posts
Ditto you guys, I'll throw in a few flips in all directions but I favour big air aero's. I treasure all my helis, particularly my Goblin.
Paul 1968 is online now Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Old Yesterday, 04:53 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,388 Posts
I just noticed something...there is enough room to swing my main gear legs up and into the side intakes of the Urukay if I made them slightly narrower.

Please somebody stop me.....the mind is a terrible thing.
Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM
Mildly Confused
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A VIKING View Post
I just noticed something...there is enough room to swing my main gear legs up and into the side intakes of the Urukay if I made them slightly narrower.

Please somebody stop me.....the mind is a terrible thing.
Nope! Carry on
Paul 1968 is online now Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 1968 View Post
Nope! Carry on

Your no help...

I can see it in my mind, its the same idea I had before for the 770 with swinging the existing gear forward but with the 770 I had nothing to stow the gear in. Now with the Urukay I have a place for them to go.
They wouldn't be totally out of site. I believe there is enough side cowling to swing the gear up to a flush position with the sides of the scoops, but it would look pretty amazing.

This will be a great winter project.
Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
I did this with my Goblin, but it was three feet tall grass at the end of the runway lol!
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member