HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 17, 2013, 01:59 PM
Ukraine, Kiev City, Kiev
Joined Mar 2011
88 Posts
Discussion
Why market does not contain 6-axis micro quadros (brushed motors) 9X compatible?

We know that there are many 6-axis quadro (with brushless motors) FlySky / Turnigy 9X compatible. But market does not contain 6-axis micro quadrocopters (with brushed motors) and FlySky / Turnigy 9X compatible. This is an abnormal situation for free market. Who knows why?
Gor.Alone is offline Find More Posts by Gor.Alone
Last edited by Gor.Alone; Apr 17, 2013 at 02:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2013, 02:15 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,625 Posts
I really do not know of ANY RTF bricked (i.e. built in RX) brushless FlySky compatible quad at all.
Which ones do you refer to?
-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 18, 2013, 02:23 PM
Joined Jan 2013
122 Posts
6-axis quads are relatively new and there are only a few brands that make them so far. I suspect that these brands have figured out it is in their best interest to sell the quad with a transmitter for a higher profit, at least in the short term. Much of the 9x compatibility has been brought about by enthusiasts and was not designed in originally by the quad manufacturer. Even the 9x is largely popular only because of its ability to be hacked. Maybe over time the current models/brands will gain 9x (or other programmable transmitter) compatibility.
misterpepper is offline Find More Posts by misterpepper
Old Apr 18, 2013, 02:37 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,779 Posts
Dunno, maybe they want to sell it with the toy radio to could get more money for that...by the way there is one...I mean one an half, HiSky F120, Hobby King call it Micro Q-Bot:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1826018
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Apr 18, 2013, 07:17 PM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
Dunno, maybe they want to sell it with the toy radio to could get more money for that...by the way there is one...I mean one an half, HiSky F120, Hobby King call it Micro Q-Bot:
Hi B!
Although it is a really GOOD micro it is neither a FlySky compatible one nor brushless as the thread opener mentioned.
(as you know well enough - you are the one who made me buy one...)

-mike-
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2013, 01:43 AM
Ukraine, Kiev City, Kiev
Joined Mar 2011
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
I really do not know of ANY RTF bricked (i.e. built in RX) brushless FlySky compatible quad at all.
Which ones do you refer to?
-mike-
According integrated - yes, but ...
Many 3-x axis bricked (ie built in RX) brushed FlySky compatible, but 6-x axis brushed FlySky compatible - zero. Why?

Quote:
Good idea, but I've read that Q-Bot flies like 3-x axis.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1534
Maybe better to take Vitality H36 or 939 and use it directly with 9X (without using an adapter) ...
Old Apr 19, 2013, 02:38 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Well let me repeat myself again, the reason why there are no accelerometer equipped brushed 9x compatible birds out there is simple, Flysky cannot produce one that meets the flight standards of these factories (this is coming directly and independently from multiple manufacturers).

This is why there are NO accelerometer equipped 9x birds out there...not just one or two, but none.

There is no conspiracy in which the factories want you to buy their transmitters or anything.. There are flight prototypes out there that use the 9x protocol but they do not fly as well as those made by the current board manufacturers.

Believe me or don't believe me, it's your choice..but this is what I've heard directly from multiple manufactures. They also said that if Flysky could solve the issues with their accelerometer boards, they would happily use them.
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2013, 03:53 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,779 Posts
OK, then those factories why not using opensource and open standards? (like FrSky does....)

With that they could boost their market share...

I didn't know that FlySky make accelerometers...

I have thought its about the war of the protocols...

Quote:
Hi B!
Although it is a really GOOD micro it is neither a FlySky compatible one nor brushless as the thread opener mentioned.
(as you know well enough - you are the one who made me buy one...)

-mike-
the thread opener mentioned about brushed quads... but you have right the QBOT is not directly FlySky compatible.

And how is yout QBOT anyway? Did your dog chew it already?
Last edited by bulesz; Apr 19, 2013 at 03:59 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 05:47 AM
Ukraine, Kiev City, Kiev
Joined Mar 2011
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
...They also said that if Flysky could solve the issues with their accelerometer boards, they would happily use them.
It is not clear explanation. A lot of flies on MultiWii 6-axis and uses FlySky protocol.

If I wish to fly on micro quad, using high-quality transmitter (not a toy transmitter) and a modern, fast 32 bit 6-axis flight controller - I need to buy Walkera Devo transmiter, flash Deviation hack software and buy Hubsan X4? Exist other options?
Old Apr 19, 2013, 06:13 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gor.Alone View Post
It is not clear explanation. A lot of flies on MultiWii 6-axis and uses FlySky protocol.

If I wish to fly on micro quad, using high-quality transmitter (not a toy transmitter) and a modern, fast 32 bit 6-axis flight controller - I need to buy Walkera Devo transmiter, flash Deviation hack software and buy Hubsan X4? Exist other options?
Those are using FrSky not FlySky. The explanation is not clear because as far I know FlySky don't produce sensors...accelerometers...only radio TX/RX in this relation...so I think it should be about the protocols, and the higher profit margins on the toy TX...

If you don't plan to fly bigger quads and the Walkera "club" is good for you, then that is the best option at the moment...Walkera + Hubsan X4 regarding to the micro quads with accelerometer.

BUT I wouldn't choose this ONLY for a micro quad, because if you plan to build something bigger (based on multiwii and "friends") than the FlySky 9X or the 9XR is a far better choice...

In my case I have 3 micro quads (H36, V939 and QBOT) and a V949 mini. My plan was to practice with them and build something more powerful for FPV and agile flying. So at now I'm on selling all the micros and keep only the V949 because I love flying this outside because of its size and finishing my F330 project all control with my 9X and 9XR radio.
Last edited by bulesz; Apr 19, 2013 at 06:18 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 06:49 AM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gor.Alone View Post
According integrated - yes, but ...
Many 3-x axis bricked (ie built in RX) brushed FlySky compatible, but 6-x axis brushed FlySky compatible - zero. Why?
As James told you.
Quote:
Good idea, but I've read that Q-Bot flies like 3-x axis.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1534
Maybe better to take Vitality H36 or 939 and use it directly with 9X (without using an adapter) ...
I think you have not truly understood how gyros and accelerometers work in RC-quads.
The micro-Q-bot flies exactly as desired and uses the accelerometers the right way.
Autolevel is NO feature of accelerometer-equipped quads only.
Quite the contrary.
further reading regarding my experiences with the Q-Bot, about accelerometers etc:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=680
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=684
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=719

H36: annoying autoflips and high rates and extremely slow reactions on the cyclics - not recommendable - you may ask bulesz, he will say the same.

V 939: bad firmware - autoflips, fuzzy reactions - cheap. not recommendable.

Hubsan X4 and Devo/Deviation - great, but no beginners quad - prone to break if crashed too hard.

Quote:
And how is yout QBOT anyway? Did your dog chew it already?
my Q-bot flies fine - and I keep it well enough away from him:

- I like it better from day to day. If there would be the possibility for manual flips it would be the perfect micro quad.

-mike-
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2013, 07:49 AM
Ukraine, Kiev City, Kiev
Joined Mar 2011
88 Posts
Quote:
As James told you.
I think you have not truly understood how gyros and accelerometers work in RC-quads.
The micro-Q-bot flies exactly as desired and uses the accelerometers the right way.
Autolevel is NO feature of accelerometer-equipped quads only.
-mike-
"The onboard sensor has lost its factory calibration. Typically this is caused by a hard hit, such as a crash or repeated crashes, or exposure to high temperature. It could also be related to transport issues. A sensor calibration may solve this issue. "

If QBot program code really use accelerometers and it affects its fly performance, it should be possible to their calibration procedure (resetting).
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:25 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Ah, I see the confusion. Those boards are made to ie WLToys specifications BY Flysky,not by WLToys buying their protocol. WLToys tells them their requirements and Flysky designs and manufactures them..then sends it to WLToys' factory for them to be placed on the quads. Same with the new protocol'd quads. I'd like to think of it as the relationship between Boeing/Airbus and GE, PW and RR... Where the airframer tells the engine companies to design an engine to their specifications.

So it would only be a conspiracy if all of a sudden WLToys started making their own boards.. Otherwise they will have to pay the electronics manufacturer either way no matter which company they go with.

And I know for a fact that the boss of WLToys and the boss of Flysky have been very close friends for many, many years... That's why WLToys tries to stick to Flysky as much as they could..

Think I might have said too much

Anyways, if you look closely on some boards it'll actually have the board manufacturers name in Chinese.
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jameschen072; Apr 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 12:26 PM
Darwin of quadcopter canopies
Finland, Espoo
Joined Jun 2011
154 Posts
Well, we just need a module like the HiSKY HT8 or the Tactic Anylink that works with the new protocol WLtoys is using, and everything would be perfect.
John_Edward is offline Find More Posts by John_Edward
Old Apr 19, 2013, 08:31 PM
Ukraine, Kiev City, Kiev
Joined Mar 2011
88 Posts
So if WLToys release FlySky compatible 6-axis quad - many people will buy only FC board for upgrade. If FlySky release FlySky not compatible 6-x quad - they buy RTF quad with transmitter. I do not like this, but this is right marketing