SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 12, 2014, 07:38 PM
United States, LA, Pineville
Joined Dec 2012
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanGH View Post
Two weeks ago I was flying my V912 in the strongest wind I had flown it in so far. I also had a broken swash plate arm that I had glued together using the wrapped wire technique that is on the net here someplace. Due either to the wind or the broken swash plate, or both, I lost control. The bird went very high, and headed away from the park I was in and over a residential area. I chased it and managed to get it to drop as it re-entered the park. Unfortunately there was a row of 200 foot tall Douglas firs at the edge of the park and the V912 hit one near the top and tumbled down through it. I figured it was gone for sure, but I went looking for it with binoculars and by sheer dumb luck spotted it right away. It was right side up, jammed in the bottom branch of the tree. Made it all the way down except for the last branch. But the bottom branch was over 40 feet off the ground. I tried swinging a weight on a string, but couldn't come close to the branch. For two weeks it has sat up there, in some pretty severe Pacific North West rain storms that caused states of emergency in nearby cities, and overnight temps down to -7C. I tried helium balloons, but couldn't guide them along the very furry branch. Finally after 100+ tries with a slingshot, fishing line and 2 oz weights, I got a line over the branch, and then pulled up some strong rope. I shook the V912 free and it dropped the 40 feet to the ground. The battery won't charge, but after drying it all off and putting on a new swash plate, it flies just fine!! What an amazing bird.

Alan

haha Awesome!!
PonyMan is offline Find More Posts by PonyMan
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2014, 04:43 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Mar 2014
1,306 Posts
Steve , Is this the part you used ?.. $5

http://www.thinkrc.com/spare-part-00...ck-p-1067.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_ View Post
It might just be the angle of the pictures, but it looks like your swash positioning is off.

When the main blades are front to back, the lower swash link ends at the swash should be directly to the sides, or at least very close.

I don't own a V912 head assembly, but the V913, F-45, FX052, FX059 and 9116 heads are like this.

While the lower link guide is absolutely gorgeous, it needs some relief angles to allow more
pivoting of the lower linkage (hopefully that does not introduce slop into the guides).

These 45 degree BB heads are very sensitive concerning how the lower linkage interacts
with the swashplate.

Ten degrees is enough to make your bird go from smooth banks to barely controllable,
especially with larger FP's like the V913.

Once I realized the importance of the swash positioning I switched to swash lockers, eliminating
the lower linkage completely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-tbWp_Pzlk

If it were not for the cost, every FP helicopter would probably have them.

I got the idea from a Honey Bee CT that Balr14 was kind enough to send my way, free of charge.

Has anyone heard from him?

He's a cranky old fart indeed, but the knowledge stored in that mind surpasses mine 10 fold.

The loss of talent like that will make a measurable difference in overall forum traffic.

The last I read, there might possibly be health issues involved.

Hope we hear from him soon.
kiwi_craig is offline Find More Posts by kiwi_craig
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FX067 Park fly
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:43 PM
Ibelieve I can fly
Joined Sep 2014
62 Posts
Hey guys
Here is a good deal from GearBest.
Apply the coupon code(GBV912RX), you can get V912 with just 59.99$, free shipping!!!
Alater is offline Find More Posts by Alater
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:44 PM
Ibelieve I can fly
Joined Sep 2014
62 Posts
Here is a review made by MESArc FF Team.
MESArcFF - Gearbest Heli V912RX- REVIEW (11 min 40 sec)

A full review of V912 in Flitetest. Enjoy it.
http://flitetest.com/articles/geabest-heli
Alater is offline Find More Posts by Alater
Old Dec 17, 2014, 05:12 PM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
700 Posts
V912 flybarless

Hi Guys

I made two flight tests with a little wind and everything seems to work.
Note the servos are glued to the frame and secure with a tie wrap.
The servos are EOM ( no modification. )

OrangeBird is offline Find More Posts by OrangeBird
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2014, 02:09 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Mar 2014
1,306 Posts
So the stock reversed servos aren't to good ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2014, 03:11 PM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig View Post
So the stock reversed servos aren't to good ?
Hi kiwi_craig

It was another test.

I'm not quite satisfied with this result paste the servos on the frame. ( Heli shaking )

By gluing the servos on the frame no servo reversing........................( save time ...)

I am currently working to incorporate them into the frame..................same as FX071c ..........
OrangeBird is offline Find More Posts by OrangeBird
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OrangeBird; Yesterday at 10:33 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 04:42 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Mar 2014
1,306 Posts
Okay, Just wondering. Have to admit the 071 chassis design is really nice, compact and the weight centred around the drive shaft.

I have two spare 071 pcbs one is going into the 915. Waiting for the 067 pcb to come out at a reasonable price, that could be the ideal pcb for conversions
RCG Plus Member