dteel is online now Find More Posts by dteel
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2015, 03:59 PM
Neophyte o the Flyin Cuisinart
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2007
801 Posts
Thanks!

Just took it for another spin around the yard after fine-tuning the throttle curve for the new motor. Sure is nice having one less thing to go wrong.
Uncle Gravity is offline Find More Posts by Uncle Gravity
Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:29 PM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
920 Posts
How do you like the DFC head compared to stock?

Those servos look pretty darn impressive to, but lets face it, that bird looks like the Terminator
HeliFlyer14 is online now Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
Old Mar 21, 2015, 04:56 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Gravity View Post
Thanks!

Just took it for another spin around the yard after fine-tuning the throttle curve for the new motor. Sure is nice having one less thing to go wrong.
What tail servo are you using DS76T?
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Mar 21, 2015, 06:11 PM
Neophyte o the Flyin Cuisinart
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2007
801 Posts
Thanks, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14 View Post
How do you like the DFC head compared to stock?

Those servos look pretty darn impressive to, but lets face it, that bird looks like the Terminator
The heli started life as a scratch build with the DFC head, so I've never compared it to the stock setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
What tail servo are you using DS76T?
Yep - DS76T. It works great. The only problem I've had with it is the standard slotted mounting tabs are very fragile and break right off in a crash. Once I swapped out the stock case for one with solid flanges and added some carbon servo tab savers from Asteroid Designs it's been trouble free.
Uncle Gravity is offline Find More Posts by Uncle Gravity
Old Mar 21, 2015, 07:16 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Gravity View Post
Thanks, guys.

The heli started life as a scratch build with the DFC head, so I've never compared it to the stock setup.

Yep - DS76T. It works great. The only problem I've had with it is the standard slotted mounting tabs are very fragile and break right off in a crash. Once I swapped out the stock case for one with solid flanges and added some carbon servo tab savers from Asteroid Designs it's been trouble free.
Thanks for the wealth of knowledge, much appreciated.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:17 AM
Joined May 2014
920 Posts
I knew my 130x was acting differently since putting on the o-ring upgrade kit, since I had to move the throttle/pitch up to about 7/8 for typical flying. I checked the pitch, and it was way off at center stick. For an easy test, I started rolling in subtrim, and dialed in +100 to even come close to zero at mid stick. On the bright side, I guess this would be really good for some powerful inverted flights

I'll pop off the control rods and dial the plastic connectors down a couple of twists and see if that does the trick or not. I don't need zero at mid, but would like it closer.

Hey, this is my 900th post since joining RCG
Old Mar 26, 2015, 01:46 AM
Piro-maniac
United States, FL, Winter Garden
Joined Feb 2007
1,266 Posts
Dial the connectors down? Wouldn't that lower your pitch when it seems you need more positive?

I'm guessing you mistyped but I'd hate for you to make it worse.
shizack is offline Find More Posts by shizack
Old Mar 26, 2015, 02:22 AM
Joined Dec 2011
771 Posts
Quote:
I knew my 130x was acting differently since putting on the o-ring upgrade kit, since I had to move the throttle/pitch up to about 7/8 for typical flying. I checked the pitch, and it was way off at center stick. For an easy test, I started rolling in subtrim, and dialed in +100 to even come close to zero at mid stick. On the bright side, I guess this would be really good for some powerful inverted flights

I'll pop off the control rods and dial the plastic connectors down a couple of twists and see if that does the trick or not. I don't need zero at mid, but would like it closer.

Hey, this is my 900th post since joining RCG
Strange that putting on an o-ring kit would change your pitch setup? Did you mix up your links?
deonjams is offline Find More Posts by deonjams
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:34 AM
Joined May 2014
920 Posts
I haven't actually looked which way I need to adjust the control bars, so you may very well be correct on the adjustment direction for more positive pitch.

Yes, the o-ring kit significantly changed my pitch. I was surprised too, but it changed my throttle position from somewhere around 3/4 to 7/8 on the sticks. I'll also be checking my swash level as right now when I do pirouettes, I get wobble in the circle after just a couple of spins.

Do folks typically use the ty-wrap method or a tool for leveling their swash?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:32 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,315 Posts
Quote:
I haven't actually looked which way I need to adjust the control bars, so you may very well be correct on the adjustment direction for more positive pitch.

Yes, the o-ring kit significantly changed my pitch. I was surprised too, but it changed my throttle position from somewhere around 3/4 to 7/8 on the sticks. I'll also be checking my swash level as right now when I do pirouettes, I get wobble in the circle after just a couple of spins.

Do folks typically use the ty-wrap method or a tool for leveling their swash?
I actually use a swash tool, i know it's a tiny swash but, if it's how you level a larger bird why not use the correct tool for the job? I have an extra one if you need one...pm me
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:45 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
1,972 Posts

Blade 130x Gyro Adjust with Devo 10 / Deviation 4.0

Blade130x Gyro Adjust (7 min 33 sec)
gordonzo is online now Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Mar 28, 2015, 08:53 PM
Joined May 2014
920 Posts
My stock charger seems to be going out. I charged a battery this morning, and it took close to 3 hours. I pulled the battery off after a while wondering if it was close, and it tested at 3.8 and 3.92 when it had started out around 3.82 and 3.82. It seems the charger is draining one cell down while the other charges, but then it did eventually bring it back up and balanced out at 4.18 and 4.18, but 3 hours

I bought an iCharger 106b off the classifieds, but I still need to get the power supply and adapter board so I can use it.