SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 02:41 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwolters View Post
I love the switch to the view behind the windscreen. I was wondering if you were going to land on the ice or not, and how thick the ice was because you have go out there and get it!
I had the same notion, in the cockpit worked!
Wildcat cast a fine shadow !
Wamp is online now Find More Posts by Wamp
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Scott
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Nov 2013
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwolters View Post
I love the switch to the view behind the windscreen. I was wondering if you were going to land on the ice or not, and how thick the ice was because you have go out there and get it!
The ice is really thick at the moment..at least 18" right now...but it will be gone
mid April....our bay is not too deep rt there either

Had the Cat back up yesterday there...but it was way to windy, so I didn't get any video....ended up ripping off my tailwheel when she slid over the ice this time...the ice is getting to bumpy now.

Maybe I will turn her into the Wild Catfish this summer....but I do love how she looks in the air as is....def my favorite plane!
intoford is offline Find More Posts by intoford
Old Yesterday, 08:32 AM
if pigs could fly!
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Feb 2013
1,514 Posts
Right, so I've mostly decided on building myself a Martlet mk.II

I'll keep "old reliable" as she is and start the Martlet from spare parts. A shipping issue to sort out and I'll have the order placed. Should be an interesting project, if not original considering the number of you guys with Martlets already.
RyoOhki1701 is online now Find More Posts by RyoOhki1701
Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM
Arrowhead
Joined Dec 2010
1,596 Posts
It's still original enough! Besides there are lots of different schemes to choose from. Don't thnk anyone has done a Desert Cat yet!
CF105 is offline Find More Posts by CF105
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM
Prop-Snapping Excitement!
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Feb 2014
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by intoford View Post
The ice is really thick at the moment..at least 18" right now...but it will be gone
mid April....our bay is not too deep rt there either

Had the Cat back up yesterday there...but it was way to windy, so I didn't get any video....ended up ripping off my tailwheel when she slid over the ice this time...the ice is getting to bumpy now.

Maybe I will turn her into the Wild Catfish this summer....but I do love how she looks in the air as is....def my favorite plane!
That's a big, beautiful lake you have there, I know my Tidewater would love it!
You MUST have some waterplanes, yes?
(As you've hinted, I think that a float-equipped Wildcat would be great, too).
RexGalore is online now Find More Posts by RexGalore
Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM
Earthbound misfit
United States, NC, Ronda
Joined Mar 2014
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF105 View Post
It's still original enough! Besides there are lots of different schemes to choose from. Don't thnk anyone has done a Desert Cat yet!
My favorite scheme that I've seen has fully wrapped invasion stripes....may end up doing it to mine....for now, I have red stripes to help with orientation.
Chinthing is online now Find More Posts by Chinthing
Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM
Gone flyin!
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Nov 2014
323 Posts
Man i like how u guys weather your birds!!! Maybe one day when i grow up i'll be able to do the same.. Lol
Murdock80 is online now Find More Posts by Murdock80
Old Yesterday, 11:08 PM
Joined Jul 2011
345 Posts
I prefer natural weathering. Trees, grass, sand, the odd ball field chain link fence.
And it's still flying
rickthebrewer is online now Find More Posts by rickthebrewer
Old Today, 12:36 AM
if pigs could fly!
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Feb 2013
1,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CF105 View Post
Interesting. I didn't know Wildcats operated under this livery, but some information is floating around indeed. It certainly would enhance visibility in the air
Old Today, 02:12 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoOhki1701 View Post
Interesting. I didn't know Wildcats operated under this livery, but some information is floating around indeed. It certainly would enhance visibility in the air
Interesting, not sure I have seen that scheme.
Have you seen Finland's? Frightening!
Wamp is online now Find More Posts by Wamp
Old Today, 03:06 AM
if pigs could fly!
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Feb 2013
1,514 Posts
I had seen their scheme on a Brewster, interesting camo with rich colors, but the Swastika is a bit of a turn off
Old Today, 07:29 AM
Gone flyin!
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Nov 2014
323 Posts
Found this intoford!!!
Murdock80 is online now Find More Posts by Murdock80