SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:25 PM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,190 Posts
I've gone back, and read the entire thread again... and I haven't really seen any "Bashing" or anything really even negative. Everything said has been the truth. If you want a JJJ, buy it from Brett. But as far as I know... there's isn't any support in the USA right now.

The Kolibri engines are GREAT... but I don't think there is any support in the USA for them either. (I don't think Sin City deals them anymore)

More or less... the only "Micro Turbine" in the USA is the P-20 jetcat.

Anyway... if you buy a JJJ... please keep us posted, and let us know how it runs. Personally, I would love to know that they run as advertised.
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:49 PM
United States, Death Valley
Joined Aug 2003
3,113 Posts
Yeah, I have not seen any 'bashing" here... Some good facts posted by a few guys actually. If your set on one, then get one. I considered one too at one point, but only from the guy in AU who goes through them. It came down to it was really not that usable for any plane that I wanted to put it in. I think he makes them work fine from what i have heard.

Get one through AU and lets see it!
SilentHunter is offline Find More Posts by SilentHunter
Old Jan 19, 2013, 02:36 AM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,151 Posts
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10..._3/key_/tm.htm
littlepiston is offline Find More Posts by littlepiston
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:15 AM
still trying to get it right
benelux
Joined Feb 2009
680 Posts
Just had a look on the ausjets site and hey are listing the JJJ at around 1300 euros and that is the reworked by Brett version which seems like a bit of a bargain to me. Does anyone have one that they can tell us how good they are?
yakhakker is offline Find More Posts by yakhakker
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:28 AM
still trying to get it right
benelux
Joined Feb 2009
680 Posts
Just had a look on the sports turbine site and they are selling the JJJ for just over 900 euros which is even more of a good price but I am not sure if they are modded in any way, perhaps they could comment on that?.
yakhakker is offline Find More Posts by yakhakker
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:28 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Län, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepiston View Post
If you don't like tehephone contact thats one reson to buy the engine from a good dealer, for example HAB. Then the contact is their problem and you are perfectly fine

Jetjoe you can't buy from Jetjoe, you have to get it from another dealer where of some rebuild it before delivery.

This is how it always works, you got to read up before buying to eliminate all surpises. If you ignore the cons and only gathers the pros there will always be surprises.

For example, winkybone apparently don't want me to test an engine, buy why not say it straight out instead of ignoring? Imagine you ending up with a warranty claim, do you expect him to act or ignore then when it gets a bit aggravating for him? Ok, maybe he's missed my posts, maybe all is fine, I just don't know.

If you end up buying a jetjoe I'm willing to test yours if you like.
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:37 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakhakker View Post
Just had a look on the sports turbine site and they are selling the JJJ for just over 900 euros which is even more of a good price
Thats ONLY the engine from what I can see... read close to eliminate surprises....

a self build kit incl ECU €1244
http://www.sportsturbine.com/acatalo...--fadec-8.html

engine alone built €918
http://www.sportsturbine.com/acatalo...Built-235.html

combo €1300
http://www.sportsturbine.com/acatalog/info-3.html
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:47 AM
Harrow,London
Joined Jun 2007
73 Posts
[QUOTE= I Did in fact start this thread to find some that may have been running a Jet Joe Junior BUT no seems to own one at all.[/QUOTE]

sounds like you have answered your own question here.
moonpie is offline Find More Posts by moonpie
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:31 AM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,151 Posts
I an torn between the Jet Joe Junior and the kolibri. That both have problems but I'm vary different ways
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:54 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepiston View Post
I an torn between the Jet Joe Junior and the kolibri. That both have problems but I'm vary different ways
Give it some time, google alot and make the choice with no hurry. Call the jetcat rep and check the feeling with him/her. Maybe the P20 is better for you if you feel that you have better support. The last P20s seem to deliver performance as promised. A bit heavier as you know by now, but again no surprise if knowing it before :-)
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:28 AM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,190 Posts
Hey.... Just an FYI... Barry (kingTech) said the 55 will be out this month, and the 35 is in test. (should be out this summer) Kingtech has great service. Barry is out in Pasadena CA, and also, Todd at Dreamworks is a service center.

Personally... I would wait to see what King tech comes out with. It will be under $2,000, and have good support.
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:52 AM
Closed Account
Joined Jun 2002
921 Posts
Jet Joe Jr.

I been reading this thread, and thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth.

The whole Jet Joe line of turbines have changed a lot for the better. The NEW owner has incorporated a lot of changes in the complete line. The design is a very basic design as are most turbines. But what has changed is the material, tolerances, testing, and the electronics. I have both a JetCat P-20 and the old Jet Joe Jr. and a new Jet Joe Jr. They both run, but the newer one starts,and transisions a lot quicker and smother than the older version. Also the older version is started with a little blower (which works great, as long as you follow the instructions). The new version is electric start. Both of the Jr's I have, put out a bit over 5 lb's of static thrust on my Dynamic Thrust stand. I will say that the P-20 is a bit easier to setup, but I don't think it;s worth the extra $1000. As far as support, some on the thread say, there is no support here in the US. You need to chech out the Jet Joe Website, and see who the US dealers are. There is 1 US dealer, and ethe other is the North American distributor.

I hope to have one of the Jr's in a T-45 at Florida Jets this year, if I can get the electric retracts finished. Also I'm trying an experiment. I'm going to see if I can fly a lightened up, NitroModels, Falcon 120 with a Jet Joe Jr. 5 lbs. of static thrust should fly a 10 lbs model. I don't expect to burn up the sky, but it should fly.

My 2 cents worth

Larry E.

SouthEast Model Products Inc.
Orlando, Fl.
My 2 cents Worth
LJE4357 is offline Find More Posts by LJE4357
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:59 AM
USA, NM, Carlsbad
Joined May 2002
1,151 Posts
Can you post videos if it running an the thrust figures?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:32 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Honda View Post
Hey.... Just an FYI... Barry (kingTech) said the 55 will be out this month, and the 35 is in test. (should be out this summer) Kingtech has great service. Barry is out in Pasadena CA, and also, Todd at Dreamworks is a service center.

Personally... I would wait to see what King tech comes out with. It will be under $2,000, and have good support.
Kingtech makes super engines! However, waiting for something not yet out might be a long wait. Also I would not buy from the first batch even if you got life time warranty.

Will be very intresting to see which size/weight they went for.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:34 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJE4357 View Post
I been reading this thread, and thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth.

The whole Jet Joe line of turbines have changed a lot for the better. The NEW owner has incorporated a lot of changes in the complete line. The design is a very basic design as are most turbines. But what has changed is the material, tolerances, testing, and the electronics. I have both a JetCat P-20 and the old Jet Joe Jr. and a new Jet Joe Jr. They both run, but the newer one starts,and transisions a lot quicker and smother than the older version. Also the older version is started with a little blower (which works great, as long as you follow the instructions). The new version is electric start. Both of the Jr's I have, put out a bit over 5 lb's of static thrust on my Dynamic Thrust stand. I will say that the P-20 is a bit easier to setup, but I don't think it;s worth the extra $1000. As far as support, some on the thread say, there is no support here in the US. You need to chech out the Jet Joe Website, and see who the US dealers are. There is 1 US dealer, and ethe other is the North American distributor.

I hope to have one of the Jr's in a T-45 at Florida Jets this year, if I can get the electric retracts finished. Also I'm trying an experiment. I'm going to see if I can fly a lightened up, NitroModels, Falcon 120 with a Jet Joe Jr. 5 lbs. of static thrust should fly a 10 lbs model. I don't expect to burn up the sky, but it should fly.

My 2 cents worth

Larry E.

SouthEast Model Products Inc.
Orlando, Fl.
My 2 cents Worth
How much does your P20 push? 1.5lb more then expected from the Juniors then,,,
Last edited by henke; Jan 19, 2013 at 12:42 PM.