HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:24 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,203 Posts
Thanks, I agree which is the reason I thought I get one myself since I don't have one personally and I also need it for small screws too. My dad has an old makita drill that was also made in Japan and still works great. He bought it years ago. I was debating about getting a spare battery or not since his is a nicad. So I thought I get a new drill since one of my siblings told me about it and said it has a full metal gear system. I saw the videos and well it looked interesting. I may just get another battery for my dads old drill since it still works just fine too. The only thing mine doesn't come with is a chuck for round bits, but the battery for the makita is about the same so we'll see which way I go after I test my drill out. Check out their other tools, they look interesting too. I like the one they call the trans4mer. It's a jigsaw and the blade can be moved to become a straight saw too. On thing to remember is the size of the tool. Some people have been trying to do bigger jobs with it and not using the right angle adapter correctly and breaking it. The manual states not to use that and the drywall adapter with the hammer function. So people have been breaking them. The manual is only like two pages long, but it comes in 3 different languages. So in short as long as you remember the right tool for the job and use it accordingly I think it will work just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SysCrusher View Post
Looks like a cool drill. I got some old makita power tools that are still going strong except the battery powered hand drill. Haven't been able to find a replacement battery for it yet.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:52 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,226 Posts
Nice drill . It will come in handy for this hobby or anything around the house.
I just picked up another Makita palm sander . My first one is 20 years old and the bearings finally went. My new one still said " made in Japan"
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:56 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,203 Posts
Nice jombo. I went to homedepot to check out the drills and most if not all said made in china with design here and wherever else. I got a pretty crappy battery for my laptop of ebay and it was new, so I'm hoping the drill battery will be better. I'm just very picky with tools. Tools where the bread and butter for us (he's a retired mechanic), so my dad always told me not to be cheap and get good tools so hopefully this one will work or I'm in for an earful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
Nice drill . It will come in handy for this hobby or anything around the house.
I just picked up another Makita palm sander . My first one is 20 years old and the bearings finally went. My new one still said " made in Japan"
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:43 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Nice jombo. Nice to see the work place for your helis too.
Thank you , its a bit of a mess right now . I ran out of room on the shelves and the floor to store the heli's. The workshop has way too many windows , this summer i may take some out and build walls . Good thing outside is just plain shingles , easily fixed .
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:02 AM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,226 Posts
This is what it looks like right now , too much of a mess
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:42 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,203 Posts
Great space jombo, just sell whatever you don't use any more to make room too. You can make it functional. One too many windows will kill that too. Sometimes you just have to take it all out to start over I guess. Which reminds me I need to try and sell a few more things too. I know it's easier said than done, I have to clean up my own stuff too and I know how hard that can be with all the hobbies. I'm also starting to use the wall a bit since my floor space is limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
This is what it looks like right now , too much of a mess
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2013, 03:08 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,203 Posts
This could be the 250 version...lol. Then again this one lasts a bit longer than the 250.
Sikorsky Firefly: An Electric Helicopter (2 min 30 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2013, 05:12 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2013
160 Posts
Yeah, but does it have a 3-axis gyro?
SysCrusher is offline Find More Posts by SysCrusher
Old Jul 14, 2013, 07:09 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,783 Posts
Wow, and I thought our lipos were expensive!
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jul 15, 2013, 02:40 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,310 Posts
1100lbs of lipo for only 15 min of real flight? What does that give you? A couple quick miles of flight and you better be close to the ground? Sorry, not impressed.

I do have a friend who is running a 6s 250 and he is consistently getting 14 to 15 minute flights out of his. Which is what I am getting out of my current stretched Warp.
Luvmyhelis is online now Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Jul 15, 2013, 05:20 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,226 Posts
They did it wrong . You can't get just 1 thing to work , you need high voltage and a generator to make the electricity. We're not talking 240 here it's in the 600 to 1000 volts . And it all needs to be AC CURRENT. .
Old Jul 15, 2013, 07:40 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
1100lbs of lipo for only 15 min of real flight? What does that give you? A couple quick miles of flight and you better be close to the ground? Sorry, not impressed..
lol
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:24 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Thanks, I agree which is the reason I thought I get one myself since I don't have one personally and I also need it for small screws too. My dad has an old makita drill that was also made in Japan and still works great. He bought it years ago. I was debating about getting a spare battery or not since his is a nicad. So I thought I get a new drill since one of my siblings told me about it and said it has a full metal gear system. I saw the videos and well it looked interesting. I may just get another battery for my dads old drill since it still works just fine too. The only thing mine doesn't come with is a chuck for round bits, but the battery for the makita is about the same so we'll see which way I go after I test my drill out. Check out their other tools, they look interesting too. I like the one they call the trans4mer. It's a jigsaw and the blade can be moved to become a straight saw too. On thing to remember is the size of the tool. Some people have been trying to do bigger jobs with it and not using the right angle adapter correctly and breaking it. The manual states not to use that and the drywall adapter with the hammer function. So people have been breaking them. The manual is only like two pages long, but it comes in 3 different languages. So in short as long as you remember the right tool for the job and use it accordingly I think it will work just fine.
I worked for that company for 17 years
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:38 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
turnigy xgd-10hm servo

anybody know if turnigy XGD-10HM fit 250 as swashplate servo. looking for cheap swash servos, find some of them a bit big and hitting canopy.

welcome any recommendations. thanks
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Jul 16, 2013, 01:04 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,203 Posts
Did you work for rockwell or rockwell automtion. The company that makes this drill I don't believe is the same as rockwell automation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
I worked for that company for 17 years
RCG Plus Member