HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2009, 01:24 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Aug 2008
32 Posts
Help!
Looking for AP Pilot + Plane and Mentor in Chicago

I am a professional photographer that has some experience with RC and I currently own a slow stick (xmas present from my wife still in the box) and an easystar with lots of glue and some tape on it. I just started flying the easy star less than 2 wks ago and now I am getting better at it. I haven't yet put my camera on it though. I have been planing on working on my skills so someday I can shoot AP for a client. Well the hardest part came today - I got the paying gig.

I have to work on a quote to shoot 9 shopping malls from the air in the Chicagoland area. I could hire a pilot and a real plane and go up and shoot them myself or hire an RC AP pilot and plane and learn more about it myself, hence this post.

If you are in the Chicagoland area and willing to take someone under your wing (pun intended) let me know. I am happy to pay for your time, expenses and your photos. I will need a work-for-hire type agreement for the images so I can resell them.

The perfect situation would be to find someone with lots of RC talent that needs help with the photography and you could "earn as you learn" as I like to say. Hopefully this will develop into a flying buddy type of relationship and I can get my own AP plane in the air and working for me.

Here is a example of one of the images they use.

I would like to fly early in the morning when the air and light is at it's best. This is my full-time gig so I can meet anytime though.

I am not against using a helicopter for it but it seems cheaper and easier in my limited experience to do it with a plane.

the property locations I have to shoot are:

South-side Chicago
Niles
Highland Park
Countryside
St. Charles
Buffalo Grove
Naperville
Schaumburg
Crystal Lake

I will have the exact locations and GPS lat/long before the shoot. I have a mini-van with lots of room and I am happy to drive. I have a UPS in my van that will power a laptop and external monitor for 4+ hours so we can review the shots onsite. I also have business liability for which I needed for this client to shoot onsite. It does not, yet, cover RC planes or helis yet. I have been shooting with this client for over a year and have shot 20+ properties in two different states. This is a real gig and not on spec.

Please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you and sorry for the spam if this is in the wrong area.

David Ditzler
(773) 744-3630 cell
(further contact info is on my site, right hand side every page)
www.ditzlerphoto.com
dditzler is offline Find More Posts by dditzler
to remove ads between posts