SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM
Joined Jun 2014
116 Posts
Discussion
DX5E Question!

Im resurrecting an old PZ Decathlon, and I set it up with ailerons....it was originally rudder only....im using a DX5E TX with an AR6100E Rx.....I have a servo per aileron tied together with a Y harness, then plugged into the aileron port on the RX........its not working, only the right aileron works........ive set up other planes this way with my DX6i, can I not do this with my DX5E? What am I doing wrong? Many thanks! Bill
Bill Gibson is online now Find More Posts by Bill Gibson
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,498 Posts
It has to be a bad "y" or servo, or connection. Check that one servo is connected backwards.
Try each servo with out the "y".

This is why I like to connect all the parts I will be using on a plane on the bench before installing
in the plane, rec, extension, y's, servos. esc, motor without the prop. Then I know all is working
and the servos are centered. I also make sure the motor is turning the proper direction and
mark the leads with a small piece of shrink tube.
Kimber is online now Find More Posts by Kimber
Last edited by Kimber; Yesterday at 07:27 PM.
Old Today, 01:12 PM
Joined Jun 2014
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
It has to be a bad "y" or servo, or connection. Check that one servo is connected backwards.
Try each servo with out the "y".

This is why I like to connect all the parts I will be using on a plane on the bench before installing
in the plane, rec, extension, y's, servos. esc, motor without the prop. Then I know all is working
and the servos are centered. I also make sure the motor is turning the proper direction and
mark the leads with a small piece of shrink tube.
Kimber, you ROCK!!! upon inspection of my Y harness, sure enough one of the pins in the connector to one of the servos had "popped"out of the back side of the pin case!!! Pushed it back in till i heard a little SNAP, and BAM! Everything is OPERATIONAL! You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT about pre checking stuff before you install it! Im normally ANAL about this, but got in a big hurry and it just doesnt pay! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! Oh, and ....not an HK fan either!
Bill Gibson is online now Find More Posts by Bill Gibson