HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2014, 01:40 PM
Joined Sep 2014
3 Posts
Discussion
Quadcopter Build As Senior Project

Hi Guys,

I will make a quadcopter as senior project. I read many articles about quadcopters I chose some parts of quadcopter. I want to ask if these parts compatible each other.

Frame

Motor

Propeller

ESC

Battery

Besc Programming Card

IMU

Transmitter/Receiver

Microcontroller

I also want to have FPV. How camera should I choose? I want good quality and it shouldn't be over 100$

Transmitter/Receiver for FPV
_MeRKeZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _MeRKeZ_
Last edited by _MeRKeZ_; Sep 23, 2014 at 02:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2014, 03:38 PM
Joined Apr 2013
148 Posts
A comment and a question:

Check you motor choice. You should be able to check motor, ESC, prop and battery combinations at ecalc.ch. A quick adding of your components in my head yields an AUW around 1.2kg or more. My gut says 'too high a KV rating on the motor'. In general for heavier models of that size you may be be better served with a lower KV rating. But ecalc will help you validate that.

Is there a code base for quad copters that you can port to your chosen microcontroller? I'm just not familiar with that processor and whether you are writing your own code or not.
jeffjblack is offline Find More Posts by jeffjblack
Old Sep 23, 2014, 03:51 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
1,040 Posts
As far as your flight controller goes the closest code base would be the Flying F4 from Tau Labs. It pre-dates the dev board you are using however and is designed around a shield (breakout board) that contains the gyros and accels. I bought a few of the boards that you are using in hopes that a developer would build a simple shield and do the coding changes that would be required. Do you have the programming capability to do this? I'm sure that you could get all the help you would need from a super group of developers.

https://github.com/TauLabs/TauLabs/wiki

scroll down to targets to the Flying F4
AlPackin is offline Find More Posts by AlPackin
Old Sep 23, 2014, 04:13 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
1,040 Posts
The Tau Labs code base would give you fully autonomous flight control as well.
AlPackin is offline Find More Posts by AlPackin
Old Sep 24, 2014, 02:31 AM
Joined Sep 2014
3 Posts
Thanks for your replies.

I changed motor. I chose SunnySky 800 Kv. I also put these values in eCalc.

BTW, Flying F-4 sounds good, I will make a search, thanks for information

Edit: I'm thinking of buying PZ0420 Camera

Are my frame, motors,props suitable with this camera?
_MeRKeZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _MeRKeZ_
Last edited by _MeRKeZ_; Sep 24, 2014 at 03:20 AM.