HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 07:37 AM
USA, KY, Florence
Joined Aug 2007
3,071 Posts
China would like nothing more than to swallow up Taiwan like it is in the process of doing in Hong Kong, Especially since that is where the nationalist Chinese government fled to when the Commies took over.

The US A has a defense pack with Tiwan, and some say that it may cause WW3 if the Chinese move on them.
fpainter3 is offline Find More Posts by fpainter3
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpainter3 View Post
China would like nothing more than to swallow up Taiwan like it is in the process of doing in Hong Kong, Especially since that is where the nationalist Chinese government fled to when the Commies took over.

The US A has a defense pack with Tiwan, and some say that it may cause WW3 if the Chinese move on them.
Actually we were dumb a$$ and after defeating Japan the Chinese claimed the island belonged to them and during the surrender letter we said that after 50 years the Chinese could hold claim to there rights and that is what is going on right now. I could be totally wrong, but that is what I remember.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 05:45 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Actually we were dumb a$$ and after defeating Japan the Chinese claimed the island belonged to them and during the surrender letter we said that after 50 years the Chinese could hold claim to there rights and that is what is going on right now. I could be totally wrong, but that is what I remember.
The 50 year deal over HK was between the UK and China.
The UK had a 99 year lease that expired in 1997. When it did they said that HK would be autonomous for another 50 years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfe...over_Hong_Kong

Taiwan is a different deal, they are still technically at war with China. China does not recognize them as a country.
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Today, 07:24 AM
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,113 Posts
Just test flew my ‘full sized’ Gold Warrior which I installed last night.

LOVE IT, rock steady hover, smooth aerobatics, locked in tail in any direction, all with no tweaking or ‘fine tuning’.
PaulB is online now Find More Posts by PaulB
Old Today, 08:10 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
Just test flew my ‘full sized’ Gold Warrior which I installed last night.

LOVE IT, rock steady hover, smooth aerobatics, locked in tail in any direction, all with no tweaking or ‘fine tuning’.
Excellent, great stuff

Shocking name for it though Gold Warrior
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Today, 08:58 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
The 50 year deal over HK was between the UK and China.
The UK had a 99 year lease that expired in 1997. When it did they said that HK would be autonomous for another 50 years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfe...over_Hong_Kong

Taiwan is a different deal, they are still technically at war with China. China does not recognize them as a country.
Thanks! I knew there was some kinda deal! Just hard getting it out of this old head lol!

So it wasn't our fault! I don't think our president would agree with that lol! Every problem in the world is because of the USA's influence according to him.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 09:40 AM
Chicago 'burbs
Joined May 2006
1,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Thanks! I knew there was some kinda deal! Just hard getting it out of this old head lol!

So it wasn't our fault! I don't think our president would agree with that lol! Every problem in the world is because of the USA's influence according to him.
Yea, you have the same problem--everything is Obama's fault.

What a world view!
Alan Hahn is offline Find More Posts by Alan Hahn
Old Today, 10:12 AM
like a rock!
Finland
Joined Oct 2007
2,462 Posts
HK is unlikely to send all those letters just to keep the post office happy.
You might ask yourself, are they trying to tell you something, and how are you going to explain it to the judge.
Depending where you live, a single illegal MP3 download can result in your house getting searched; I'd expect that USD 300 will move you up quite a bit in their priority list.
The first Fu-bar user who goes to jail will be a real rock star
gravityKills is offline Find More Posts by gravityKills