HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:15 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotoraddict View Post
Seems like Runryder is having problems as I have not been able to get their site up this morning?

Yes it looks to me like RR is dead. Of all the forums that I view that’s the least use friendly – I think the guy that runs that one has a mental illness or something? There is good information – I wish some one else would take over the admin duties.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:19 PM
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Joined Feb 2008
0 Posts
RunRyder has been the focus of a vicious, almost week-long, unrelenting cyber terror attack known as a Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attack. Someone sick-minded, spiteful slimeball is purposely and actively working to destroy the forum. It would appear that the person or persons behind this organized and relentless attack is the one who has a mental illness.
dkshema is offline Find More Posts by dkshema
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:28 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2012
723 Posts
RunRyder and HeliFreak are the big Potato of the RC World.
Anything else is just an Onion ring.
ZeRoEXPO is offline Find More Posts by ZeRoEXPO
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:55 PM
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Joined Feb 2008
0 Posts
Mark took RunRyder offline yesterday and is moving from an L.A. based-service to a Chicago-based service. This is the result of the DDoS attack that kept most of the world from accessing the site for the past ten days or so.

According to a recent tweet from Mark, he plans to have the site up and running again "before the new year".

HeliFreak's site is also currently being hammered, trying to get to that site and post is getting to be a real chore.

The question you have to ask is "who is the force behind the attacks on heli-related websites?" Even if you disagree with Mark and his style, his site is quite user friendly, and there is a ton of decent, good info there. If his site and HF can be decimated by some slime who can simply send out spam or hire a botnet, don't be surprised if that same slime someday attacks YOUR favorite site.

The attacks appear to be focused at the sites, not some random geek with a computer and a lot of free time on his or her hands. What their goal is, besides driving sites off the net, is still unclear.
dkshema is offline Find More Posts by dkshema
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:55 AM
Unregistered Nightflyer
Joined Jul 2009
150 Posts
These DDOS attacks are simply childish. We all share in our interest/love/addiction to RC and related hobbies.

I have accounts on several RC websites just like many of you. Hopefully this will stop soon.

If you dont like the way one or two RC sites are run just dont visit there and make your account somewhere else. Whoever is doing this needs to realize they are affecting thousands of people in their attempt to get revenge against one or two people.
kavic5150 is online now Find More Posts by kavic5150
Last edited by kavic5150; Dec 19, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:47 AM View Post
EEngineer
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while EEngineer edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:46 PM
Incurable heli addict
Southern Ohio
Joined Mar 2009
1,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEngineer View Post
McKrackwad, your actions will be dealt with

as you were warned about

your stupid pms are as you are

You really think I'm the problem?
McKrackin is offline Find More Posts by McKrackin