SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:31 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,651 Posts
They are Prandtl tubes. Google will drive you crazy with all the information reading up on them.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:52 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,952 Posts
Hi Andy,
How do they come stock from the factory? These both were part of two Spektrum Airspeed Telemetry systems I bought used, but I haven't been able to see a close enough picture to see which one is more stock. Thoughts?
Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:29 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,651 Posts
The ones on my planes are all squared off, the chamfer is much less than the rounded one you show.

As for "better" you can do lots of googling and come up with different results. Gotta love the Internet!

Mine all report reasonable numbers (ie, in still air they match ground speed +/- a few MPH at full throttle).

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:38 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,952 Posts
Google I did
I imagine both would work just fine - I'll stick with the square one since it's workin for you..
Thanks again,
J
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member