HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:48 PM
Joined Nov 2007
139 Posts
switch jacks

Mike I love them as well, and the ones you made me are perfect, BTW when you have time I need 4 more, I will give you a much bigger tip this time.
If I can walk I will make the 2nd contest.
Richard L Bean is offline Find More Posts by Richard L Bean
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:15 PM
SoCal
Joined May 2006
181 Posts
Ron Runyan will be in sunny and warm SoCal on Feb 2nd

It was great seeing you all at the JEM. Thanks for making the trip.

See you all at Red Rock.

Ron R.
rrunyan is offline Find More Posts by rrunyan
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:15 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L Bean View Post
Mike I love them as well, and the ones you made me are perfect, BTW when you have time I need 4 more, I will give you a much bigger tip this time.
If I can walk I will make the 2nd contest.
Dick, I don't I have that many remaining. Would have to place another bulk order, which I would do if there are others interested in splitting it...
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:49 AM
Joined Nov 2007
139 Posts
Mike I will help you make a bulk order, just let me know how much you need, I will bring it on the 2nd, along with the tails money.
Richard L Bean is offline Find More Posts by Richard L Bean
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:52 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,654 Posts
You can save a little bit of $$ by just buying the switchjacks from Mouser and the phonojacks from Radio Shack. RS's jacks are not anodized aluminium like the Mouser ones, they are black plastic. But they work just fine and are closer to a buck each if I remember correctly.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:56 AM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
You can save a little bit of $$ by just buying the switchjacks from Mouser and the phonojacks from Radio Shack. RS's jacks are not anodized aluminium like the Mouser ones, they are black plastic. But they work just fine and are closer to a buck each if I remember correctly.
Do you mean that the whole setup comes out to a buck each or just one part? How much does the whole setup cost this way?
bwill6 is offline Find More Posts by bwill6
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:29 AM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,654 Posts
No, it's more like $5.

Mouser switchjacks $3.21 each or 10 at $2.54 each: http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...FKPepkhQ%3d%3d

Mouser switchjack plugs $4.03 each or 10 for $3.39 each: http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...jDkBfYAg%3d%3d

The RS version of the plug $3.69 for 2 plugs: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tent=CT2032231

Shipping and/or taxes extra...
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:02 PM
Where is the lift?
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Nov 2005
6,379 Posts
Mike, I have taped my canopy on before and then realized that I never plugged in the battery so yes, if you forget to do a control check, you can throw without turning it on. Since we are all human, anything is possible. And to all of you that prefer switchjacks, I say more power to you. (bad pun, I know... )

Charlie
cptsnoopy is online now Find More Posts by cptsnoopy
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:44 PM
A different attitude to RC
Draper, Utah
Joined Sep 2008
2,659 Posts
I always switch my flight mode multiple times and move the sticks repeatedly to settle my mind that the plane is turned on.

That, however will not prevent you launching with the wrong model selected on the TX. I did that once and was very lucky my CX2 landed ever so gently on a shade cover after looping a few times out of sight behind me. It was scary (may hit yourself on the back of the head!!) and terrifying. Lucky no damage was done!

Now I try (sometimes) to confirm the surfaces look like they are neutral as well as seeming to move in the right direction
extremewing is online now Find More Posts by extremewing
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:03 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,998 Posts
Also, I have never had bruising from flying before, but I have a orangish and purplish shoulder from the JEM. My shoulder was killing me at the end of each day, but I cant believe it actually has bruising! Anyone else ever had that????

PS, I am sooo glad we are not having our contest this weekend. Still have not had the energy to put my planes back together yet!
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:48 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
...I am sooo glad we are not having our contest this weekend. Still have not had the energy to put my planes back together yet!
Plus it looks like the weather might be better next weekend...
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:06 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
16,998 Posts
Yep, but there is still a 100% chance of weather next weekend as well.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:30 PM
Launch low. Fly high ;)
USA, UT, Alpine
Joined Dec 2010
1,593 Posts
Mike - I downloaded your script and ran it. Did you also install ilivid?? It popped up during instalation. I think I had problems with ilivid before is why I am asking.
Hanger Rash is offline Find More Posts by Hanger Rash
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:32 PM
Fly, crash, repair, repeat....
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Sep 2011
324 Posts
Looking to buy a blaster or predator 2 rtf. If anyone wants to part with one, please PM me :thumbup:
BlenderBoy is offline Find More Posts by BlenderBoy
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:34 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,042 Posts
OFF TOPIC: I have a friend deployed in Afghanistan that is trying to spearhead an RC aero group for the troops and kids over there, specifically gliding and soaring stuff. He's looking for any old/neglected/broken/repairable gliders. Not DLG, but stuff like Gentle Lady's, Radians, or other older foam or balsa gliders. If you have anything that you will likely never use again, or just want to donate, please PM him ("rsrguy3"). See thread HERE. They will cover shipping costs.