Dec 03, 2012, 11:59 PM
Mtz
Mtz
I am sure the team will solve the problems in short time. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdlcar
Maybe this has been ask but can someone tell me. Is there a cell phone that will play the #16 video without a problem? I just want to play the video at work or where ever I want to.
I think this is depending on the player installed on your smartphone and the chipset. The 720p H264 video need a good CPU, maybe more than 850mHz.
For example I have an Android smartphone and the #16 files are played using a player like MX Video Player.

If you want to play the files directly from the camera by using the USB cable, your smartphone must to support USB OTG. If not, insert the micro SD card on your phone or better, transfer them to your phone.

enjoy,
Mtz
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2012, 01:22 AM
cheapskate extroardinairé
hi guys, I assume this has been asked, but how exactly do you use the av out feature on the #16v2? I'm trying to hook it up to an fpv tx.
Dec 04, 2012, 01:47 AM
I = V/R
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconflyer
hi guys, I assume this has been asked, but how exactly do you use the av out feature on the #16v2? I'm trying to hook it up to an fpv tx.
Did you even try and figure it out? Perhaps read the first few posts in this thread?
Dec 04, 2012, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw34k
Did you even try and figure it out? Perhaps read the first few posts in this thread?
yes, I looked. I have a feeling I missed something, but it's 11:00 here, I woke up at 5, have to get up at 5 again tomorrow, and just want to get this damn fpv system done. care to help a man out? by the way, my problem is that when I hook it up (from what I found I think I just have to do the same as I would for webcam mode but with the av out lead?) and turn on the camera (with or without sd card) I just can't get a signal out of it.
Dec 04, 2012, 02:15 AM
I = V/R
Have you connected the camera to the pc with the usb cable and turned on a/v out with the GUI? (Graphical User Interface)
Dec 04, 2012, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw34k
Have you connected the camera to the pc with the usb cable and turned on a/v out with the GUI? (Graphical User Interface)
ah... that could be my problem... =P
Dec 04, 2012, 08:34 AM
Design > Build > Fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconflyer
ah... that could be my problem... =P
You need to use the configuration tool that allows you to change the features. The live feed out is off by default. You must turn that on and save the camera configuration. Also, upgrade the firmware before doing this, there are some nice features in it.
Dec 04, 2012, 11:48 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
Ok so i figured out that my crappy linear regulator 5v system was too much of a pain to get working and found a 1gram 500mah switching regulator from inside a car charger That solved the power issue, then came the cable issue... after taking apart many usb connectors, I couldnt find one with the #4 pin broken out. So I messed around with some wiring and got this thing to work!

After soldering to Pin 4 I coated the bottom and wires with enamel to prevent them from coming in contact with the ground of the casing. The enamel also provided the thickness needed because of removing the metal housing. shot everything with a multimeter, and plugged it into a test subject (portable hard drive adapter) to check power/ground connections. All looks good! Total weight, connector and 6" of wire= 1gram, additional wire is 1gram per 30cm... (estimates, my scale does not go below 1 gram)

Now i can run power, and video from my camera on the wing! (i just keep the wires away from servo wires)
Name: DSCF9328.jpg
Views: 355
Size: 149.3 KB
Description:

Name: DSCF9329.jpg
Views: 224
Size: 155.9 KB
Description:
Dec 04, 2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66
Ok so i figured out that my crappy linear regulator 5v system was too much of a pain to get working and found a 1gram 500mah switching regulator from inside a car charger That solved the power issue, then came the cable issue... after taking apart many usb connectors, I couldnt find one with the #4 pin broken out. So I messed around with some wiring and got this thing to work!

After soldering to Pin 4 I coated the bottom and wires with enamel to prevent them from coming in contact with the ground of the casing. The enamel also provided the thickness needed because of removing the metal housing. shot everything with a multimeter, and plugged it into a test subject (portable hard drive adapter) to check power/ground connections. All looks good! Total weight, connector and 6" of wire= 1gram, additional wire is 1gram per 30cm... (estimates, my scale does not go below 1 gram)

Now i can run power, and video from my camera on the wing! (i just keep the wires away from servo wires)
As you have noticed, most mini USB plugs come without a solder point for pin #4 which is needed for the video-out signal.
I'm quite surprised you managed to find a suitable method, but it shows it can be done if you are patient and have the soldering skills. Good job!

It would have been much easier to purchase some of the correct plugs which can be found on eBay, for example, here are some plugs with a right-angle casing if you need them.
Having a stock of the correct plugs makes it very easy to whip up the correct cable in case you need one. His shop has other USB items which can also come in handy for the #16.
Dec 04, 2012, 12:36 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
I'm pretty sure the #11 uses the same CMOS imager. I don't know about the #18, but it could be using a fixed white balance setting as well. I just find the saturation on the #18 to be a bit "above normal" to my eye, but many people like that because it looks so vivid and colorful. But to my eye it's nat as natural looking.
I didn't misremember after all , but back here you weren't 100% about the CMOS being the same Omnivision one, you just thought it probably was and they share the same Graphics IC. So still a shame that the #18 never had the grey shift bug and several firmware revisions later the #16 still does apart from the 'work around'. As the firmware is reaching 'maturity', has the #16 developer suggested if the special case that causes it will ever be eliminated when in 'auto', or has the #18 developer got an explanation as to why it never had the problem when it is in 'auto'? Do they ever talk to each other after the 'split' back at #11?
Dec 04, 2012, 12:37 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
He guys, I was trying to update my camera but I only got FW up to v0.49.
The win GUI keeps complaining the my FW is outdated but when I do the check it only gets the two 0.49 and the v3 bootloader. It can get the files correctly as I've tried and re-installed v0.49 MOV.
I'm using the latest version of the nr16 GUI tool.

Any idea what might be?

Never mind kept searching and saw this: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11339
Dec 04, 2012, 01:16 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop
As you have noticed, most mini USB plugs come without a solder point for pin #4 which is needed for the video-out signal.
I'm quite surprised you managed to find a suitable method, but it shows it can be done if you are patient and have the soldering skills. Good job!

It would have been much easier to purchase some of the correct plugs which can be found on eBay, for example, here are some plugs with a right-angle casing if you need them.
Having a stock of the correct plugs makes it very easy to whip up the correct cable in case you need one. His shop has other USB items which can also come in handy for the #16.
Thanks! I was trying to find that! it will help... Soldering to that pin without solder trying to jump or bleed around the pins was a pain...

Chris
Dec 04, 2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
Your settings showed you had your video clip length set for 20 min. and your auto-shutoff set for 30 sec. It looks like what is happening is you got the first 20 min. video clip as you should, but after it stopped to save the file, the auto-shutoff started to count down and turned off the camera after the 30 sec. timed out. The developer is working on finding out exactly what is going and will fix it.

During my initial testing, I did not record very long to test out the new functions, so did not see this.

But I wanted to mention that your procedure for manually loading new firmware is incorrect if I read your post correctly (the underlining above is mine). To manually load, you simply press the power button very briefly (less than one second) and immediately release it when the yellow LED starts to flicker. You should not hold it down nor press the shutter button for this process. You may have confused this with the process for loading the camera's config file, where the shutter button is first pressed and held, while then pressing the power button. Using the GUI for both of these procedures will eliminate any user errors like this.
Hi Tom I have three 808#16s two v1 & 1 v2, the two v1 cameras I updated to the new v0.58 & like I said both cameras only recorded 1 video for 20 mins & one for 30 secs, I started to think that I update them both worng, so I updated the v 2 to v0.58, did some tests & found that this camera was doing the same as the other two, then this camera (the v2 one ) stopped working altogether it wound not turn on, or do anything, the only led that came on was the green one when on charge .I tried most things then I tried doing what I posted above & it came back to life, did some testing but still only recording 1@ 20 mins & 1@ 30 secs. any way I have now gone back to v0.49 on all three cameras & all three cameras are now on test as I write this post, I let you know how I get on with them.

many thanks.

pintail.
Dec 04, 2012, 02:09 PM
I had the same issue with pin 4, right pain!
Found a tiny 70mAh 1s, would that be enough to power a 20mW vtx for 10min or so?
Dec 04, 2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid
Sounds like your mini USB cable is OK as it is connecting to the puter. I wonder if your mem card may be incompatible? Have you got another one to try?
Where are you Tom???

Have you checked in the Tools menu for your upgrades? I think Isoprop would be able to help with older firmware if you want to go that route.

Tools Menu...
Hi!

Problem solved: it was the cable. I wandered through tree store and finally found one: it's 2 metres long so it's not exactly portable but it works.

The failing one it's still good for charging but not for data transmission.

I'll buy a new, shorter one, from eletoponline who offered me one as a gift if I buy something from him. He is very kind and a good vendor.

Hear you soon.

Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply