HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2007, 10:36 AM
Joined Sep 2004
4 Posts
Discussion
Information to all users

Just to let you all know that I bought 2 Spektrum receivers 6000 for the DX6 and few other things from Todd's Models.com and he said he mail it to me. The Post Office delivered but don't to what address and I am without my receivers and without $101.43. He won't answer me anymore.
Be careful guys. I wouldn't trust Todd's Models anymore
onegeorge2000 is offline Find More Posts by onegeorge2000
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2007, 10:40 AM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,066 Posts
Having purchased my DX7 and other things from Todds I can say he's honest, offers good prices and is trustworthy.

His site is in the midst of a re-model, did you try calling him on the phone over this matter?

Tommy D
Tommy D is online now Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Sep 03, 2007, 11:06 AM
Sink stinks
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2005
4,523 Posts
Good title, sometimes people make a title for threads like these that bash the store and tend to draw lots of attention. I'm sure you'll get it worked out; Todd is a good guy. Try giving him a call if you haven't.

Sounds like this is an issue with the post office more than Todd's Models though.
Montag DP is offline Find More Posts by Montag DP
Old Sep 03, 2007, 11:14 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,895 Posts
Nothing quite like a "one poster" bashing one of the truly good guys in the market. You should be talking to Todd and the Post Office to find out what went wrong instead of showing your hind quarters in open forum...
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Sep 03, 2007, 12:41 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,772 Posts
I say we all grab torches and pitchforks and chase Todd into a windmill, then burn it.

Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Sep 03, 2007, 12:59 PM
Practice Makes Precision
United States, MO, Knob Noster
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegeorge2000
Just to let you all know that I bought 2 Spektrum receivers 6000 for the DX6 and few other things from Todd's Models.com and he said he mail it to me. The Post Office delivered but don't to what address and I am without my receivers and without $101.43. He won't answer me anymore.
Oh, I thought spektrum was being nice and sent me free stuff...
TDisaster is offline Find More Posts by TDisaster
Old Sep 03, 2007, 01:09 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,938 Posts
His inability to even explain the problem in proper sentences doesn't help his credibility either.....one post since September of 2004 and it's to complain about one of the good guys in the business. Right.
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Old Sep 03, 2007, 01:13 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,364 Posts
Back to our regularly scheduled programs already in progress...

Interruptions.

mw
Mark Wood is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Sep 03, 2007, 01:38 PM
We'll all float on OK
Casselberry, Florida
Joined Dec 2002
1,507 Posts
Todd has the new Cessna 210 Centurian for $104.99, but I wasn't supposed to tell anyone.

The problem is the Post Office delivered but don't to what address.

Those scoundrels!
Tom Korn is offline Find More Posts by Tom Korn
Old Sep 03, 2007, 02:29 PM
Moorpark, Ca.
Joined Apr 2004
1,103 Posts
Rough crowd
RickAvery is online now Find More Posts by RickAvery
Old Sep 03, 2007, 02:43 PM
Wandering IT geek
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Aug 2005
3,965 Posts
I'd be irked at the Post office, not Todd. I've had occasion to order a few things from him (he typically has good prices on Castle Creations ESC's) and other than an error on my part causing an item not to ship (I fat fingered my credit card #) I've had good experiences ordering from him.

I'm sure he'll do what he can to make it right. I just wouldn't bet on it being immediate as he's going to have to ask the USPS to trace the package and that may be something of a loooong process.
ronin4740 is offline Find More Posts by ronin4740
Old Sep 03, 2007, 04:03 PM
All Glory to HypnoToad!
New Plymouth, ID
Joined Apr 2005
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee
I say we all grab torches and pitchforks and chase Todd into a windmill, then burn it.

You owe me a keyboard for that post Dr. Frankenstein!!!

Pepsi everywhere! Must.... Warn.... Others.....
osmenthe is offline Find More Posts by osmenthe
Old Sep 03, 2007, 04:22 PM
All electric, all the time!
USA, WA, Bellevue
Joined Aug 2005
1,430 Posts
While Todd is a competitor, I would still whole heartedly recommend him and his services. I am sure it is just a mail screw up. Todd runs one of the better outfits and I have personally purchased from him. I have also sent customers his way when I did not have what they needed, but knew he did.

Like someone suggested earlier, have you called him about this to get it straightened out? I am sure he would be reasonable and make sure you get what you ordered.

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
QuietRCFly is offline Find More Posts by QuietRCFly
Old Sep 03, 2007, 05:11 PM
www.toddsmodels.com
North Bend, WA.
Joined Apr 2000
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegeorge2000
Okay I just figured out who this is. I won't mention his name. He did place an order with me. I did mail the package. I have a tracking number that shows shipped and received. I have contacted him many times but there is nothing more I can do.

Tracking number for www.usps.com
0103 8555 7490 7990 9249

Thanks,
Todd
www.toddsmodels.com
Todd Long is offline Find More Posts by Todd Long
Last edited by Todd Long; Sep 03, 2007 at 05:46 PM.
Old Sep 03, 2007, 08:12 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,393 Posts
This happens somewhat often at my company. 90% of the time, the customer entered the wrong address, forgot the Apt. or Suite number, or some other mistake. The rest of the time, the post office screwed up somehow, in one case they destroyed the mailing label and couldn't deliver, but didn't bother to return it to us until we called. We have never had a case where we accidentally hit the wrong address. With computers and all, it's just not possible any more. It is up to you to work this out, and it's completely rude to post your problem on a forum like this.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501