HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2013, 05:51 PM
Technical Geek
Joined Aug 2013
393 Posts
Discussion
Turnigy 9XR for Megapirate questions

Hi,

I'm new here and hope this is the right forum for this. I have read everything I can find on the subject but there are so many different stories and hoping someone can help me. I have a quad with Hobbykings MultiWii Pro and MTK GPS. I'm borrowing a Spektrum DX7 which is great but I miss a couple of things.

I'm also new to RC so I do not have many references for comparison.

I am on a budget and looking to buy a new radio. I have been looking at the Turnigy 9XR and FrSky module with telemetry. Iím not afraid to get my hand dirty when it comes to soldering and programming.

Things I would like on a new radio:
  • Enough channels to satisfy me for a while
  • PPM output on a receiver
  • Telemetry working with Megapirate/MultiWii (voltage, amps, coordinates, height. Not sure what to expect.)
  • Failsafe (preferably RTH)
  • A nob with 6 settings

Regards
Stian
strips is offline Find More Posts by strips
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2013, 07:54 AM
Technical Geek
Joined Aug 2013
393 Posts
I think the FrSky Taranis should cover things good
strips is offline Find More Posts by strips